• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia

2vjbsk5.jpg

Months after getting a new chance at a happy life, a Kansa foster child was forgotten by her new dad.

A 10-month-old baby girl died Thursday after her foster father forgot her in a hot car for more than two hours.

The child was left strapped into her car seat in the back of Seth Michael Jackson’s sedan, which was parked right in front of his Wichita house
[...]
Jackson had picked up the foster child from a babysitter at about 4 p.m. that day. He left the car, along with another one of his foster children, but allegedly forgot the baby was inside.
[...]
baby sweltered in the 96 degree weather for 2 1/2 hours, until Jackson’s memory was jolted by something he saw on television. The man ran outside and brought the girl into the house.

But it was too late. The baby was pronounced dead at 6:49 p.m. after suffering a cardiac arrest.

Temperatures in the car likely reached 135 degrees
[...]
Jackson was booked
[...]
County jail early Friday morning for aggravated child endangerment.
Lt. Todd Ojile said that the foster dad appeared “extremely upset” about the child’s death
[...]
Jackson and a 26-year-old man who lived in the house had taken the girl in last September and were in the process of trying to formally adopt her.
[...]
already had two adopted children. Besides the baby, three other foster children also lived in their home. The children are now either in protective custody or staying with relatives.

The 26-year-old foster parent wasn’t arrested because he believed the children were downstairs in their home, Ojile said.
[...]
officer said he didn’t expect to make any further arrests.

Neighbors in the area were shocked to hear about the child’s death
"They are two of the most kind-hearted guys that I have ever met,” neighbor Lindey TenEyck
[...]
about the foster parents. “And I hate that there’s so much controversy right now with babies being left in the car because I truly don’t feel from the bottom of my heart they would ever do this on purpose.”
[...]
said she saw one of the foster parents crumple to the ground in fetal position after realizing what had happened to his baby.

"He was mentally breaking down. He was hysterical. There is no doubt in my mind he will suffer for the rest of his life in his mind,
[...]
"It's very heartbreaking on all accounts."

On average, the United States sees about 38 hot car deaths per year, meteorologist Jan Null
[...]
The breaking point for adults is 104 degrees. If the human body heats up more than that, the person faces serious risks to the organs. But children’s bodies can heat up five times faster than adults’ bodies.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nt-sweltering-hot-car-hours-article-1.1880312
http://www.kidsandcars.org/heatstroke.html

@mybum62

Last edited:
Good lord, it's just one after the other after the other! When are people going to start paying attention. It just really breaks my heart, because I really believe that MOST would never do this on purpose!

14jtbgp.jpg

Like an Oven: After just 60 minutes, temperatures inside a car left out in 90-degree heat can feel like more than 130 degrees
34zy804.jpg

Distraught: The little girl's biological grandmother, Cindy Poe, says she just wants to hold her baby girl one last time
2v9vw39.jpg

Arrested: Jackson was booked into Sedgwick County Jail early morning on Friday on suspicion of aggravated endangerment of a child
161jn9g.jpg
Forgetful: Police say Seth Michael Jackson (right) and Payton Schroeder (left) only remembered the little girl was still outside because of something they saw on television. Jackson had left her there and Schroeder, who was not charged with a crime, thought she was already inside
[...]
10-month-old girl has died in Kansas after her foster father forgot her for more than two hours inside a car outside their home in 95-degree weather.

Neighbors say the baby was the foster child of two men who had as many as five children in the house.

Seth Michael Jackson, 29, was arrested on an aggravated child endangerment charge and hauled to Sedgwick County Jail,
[...]
The other dad, Payton Schroeder, has not been charged. He was already home when Jackson came in and assumed he'd brought the baby in
[...]
Lieutenant Todd Ojile said Jackson picked up the 10-month-old from the babysitter and took her home about 4pm on Thursday. He went inside with a 5-year-old child but had 'somehow forgotten' the baby strapped inside his gray Dodge Charger.
Hours later, Jackson saw something on television that made him 'remember the little girl was still in the car,' Ojile told reporters
[...]
One of the foster parents was 'hysterically crying' outside the house before they were both taken in by police
[...]
'I just want see her, I just want to hold her, you know, for the last time,' the girl's biological grandmother, Cindy Poe,
'That's what I'm trying to fight. They don't know if I can do that, I'm trying to fight to hold her.'
Two of the couple's other children, ages 5 and 7, were taken into protective custody.

'It’s very sad,' neighbor Sandy Jessogne
[....]
. 'You wouldn’t expect it in your own yard.
'When I found out what happened I just couldn’t believe it.'
Temperatures in Wichita were sizzling at more than 95 degrees
[...]
After an hour, that kind of heat can make the inside of a car bake at nearly 130 degrees, The
'They immediately rushed outside and found the child deceased in the vehicle,' he added.

Jackson and Schroeder called Wichita police about 7pm. First responders arrived minutes later and pronounced dead at the scene.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...left-inside-car-TWO-HOURS-95-degree-heat.html

I can't fucking do this shit anymore. I can't. It is just too mentally and physically hard to read about these "parents" forgetting their most valuable possessions behind in the car when you damn well know they check the house twice to make sure they don't leave anything behind.
Its just too goddamn much for me to take. These aren't even my kids yet I am crying becoz its just SO GODDAMN FUCKING PREVENTABLE! WHY? HOW? Goddammit all to hell! If our fucking parents all those damn years ago made it through 18 summers without baking any of us why can't we do the same now?

I'm done,.I'm totally fucking done with these twats leaving their kids in the car. I've battled addiction and severe depression and suicidal episodes but not once, not ever have I forgot my child in my car.

I can't fucking do this shit anymore. I can't. It is just too mentally and physically hard to read about these "parents" forgetting their most valuable possessions behind in the car when you damn well know they check the house twice to make sure they don't leave anything behind.
Its just too goddamn much for me to take. These aren't even my kids yet I am crying becoz its just SO GODDAMN FUCKING PREVENTABLE! WHY? HOW? Goddammit all to hell! If our fucking parents all those damn years ago made it through 18 summers without baking any of us why can't we do the same now?
I know but I keep finding myself reading these stories one after another :( it's killing me

When I read the headline and saw that it was a foster parent part of me was hoping, no praying that they had just gotten her and forgot her in the car but then I read that they took her in back in September. They had plenty of time to get used to having a baby around again, HE SHOULD HAVE FUCKING REMEMBERED THE BABY!

Okay, I get that the other dad thought the baby had been brought inside, but where did he think she WAS? How did neither of them think to check on her for 2 1/2 hours?

That's an incredibly long time for no one to check on a baby. It's not like the cases where the parents are assuming the child is safe at daycare.

If I fall asleep with my dog outside, I freak the fuck out when I wake up! How in the hell does this happen so often?!

Prosecutors have charged a Wichita man whose 10-month-old foster daughter died after she was left in a hot car outside her home with one count of first-degree felony murder.

Seth Michael Jackson, 29, appeared calm as he listened to Sedgwick County District Judge Joe Kisner advise him of the charge during his first appearance in court Wednesday afternoon. The count alleges the girl’s death occurred within the commission of an inherently dangerous felony, according to the criminal complaint filed against him. The underlying crime alleged is aggravated endangerment of a child. The endangerment allegation means recklessly causing or permitting a child to be in a situation where his or her life is in danger, District Attorney Marc Bennett said.

Bennett’s office also filed an alternative charge of second-degree reckless murder. That count alleges Jackson unintentionally killed the girl “under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.”

Bennett said there is an important distinction in that neither version of the charges alleges premeditated or intentional conduct.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/30/3574655/foster-father-charged-with-first.html

Wow!!! They are using his negligence as a way to charge him with murder. Damn, that's a loophole if I've ever seen one.
(Not defending him, just shocked)
I hope that if he is convicted, that other parents see this and take more precautions to keep their babies safe. Since seeing dead babies in the news isn't doing the trick, maybe the fear of murder charges will work.

These charges are going to send a powerful message to parents that don't think it can happen to them.

I know we are all different, but if I walk in a room and one of the kids isn't there, I'm asking ' Where's so and so?' .

I even ask ' where's the dog?!' If the dog isn't in the room.

Now a young baby - one of you is going to ask ' Where's the baby?'. One brought her home, one came home or was already home. Now usually, other parent would at least ask ' where's the baby?' when you got in. If one is sleeping then they will ask upon awakening, it's done without thinking.

Babies in cars are not like leaving a bath on, where you go off and do things and suddenly think SHIIIIIIIT and run to the bathroom expecting a tsunami, they are very much more important and your brain should adjust this accordingly.

Babies are hard work and need lots of attention, they suck the life out of you - as lovely as they are - so you are always aware that they need changing/feeding etc or may be sleeping - it's common sense and natural parenting to be aware of their presence. If he picked her up and brought her home, his mind should have been on getting the kids inside, getting dinner on or a snack, seeing to the baby, changing her diaper or seeing how their day went.

Nobody with young kids comes straight home and flops in a chair and puts the tv on, there are a MILLION things to do before you can do that.

I am in no way saying he did it on purpose at all, I'm not getting a vibe like as in poor little Cooper Harris and his evil Father , but I am saying there has to be something wrong or some sort of selfish personality or lacking in others awareness or parenting ability fail going on here as with all the others, because this is just not NORMAL.

Prosecutors allege foster dad was smoking pot while baby girl was dying in a hot car
The Sedgwick County District Attorney is alleging that a foster father was high while a baby was left in a hot car last week (...)

Bennett said that Jackson had run out of marijuana on the morning of July 24. That afternoon, (...) took his two children to his drug dealer's house where he bought more.

When he got home (...) left the 10-month-old girl in the car, went inside and smoked marijuana. (...)
http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/...-Left-In-Hot-Car-269587491.html?device=tablet

When he got home (...) left the 10-month-old girl in the car, went inside and smoked marijuana. (...)
We usually bring the kids in the house first before we toke up. His ass got high and forgot about the baby. Ain't that a damn shame.

Foster dad was high on marijuana when he left 10-month-old girl to die in hot car and had just driven home from his dealer's house
  • Seth Jackson, 29, forgot about baby Kadillak after getting home last Thursday and only remembered when something on TV jogged his memory
  • Jackson had picked up the little girl from babysitter but left her strapped to car seat with the windows rolled up - killing her
  • Court told on Friday Jackson had gone to his drug dealer's house to buy marijuana and was coming home to consume it
  • Jackson and his partner, who have three other foster children and two adopted children, were trying to adopt the little girl
  • His lawyer has said that the murder charge is 'rather high for a mistake'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-driven-home-dealers-house.html#ixzz39Ck5FsOt

Poor Mary Jane, you get such a bad rap...all your fault.
I agree with the previous posts, a simple "where is the baby" would have saved that child's life; points to a lack of awareness on both parents.
We're supposed to be an intelligent life form, right? I'm seeing a steady decline.

Im not sorrry in saying I hope he gets what he deserves. I dont give two shits if hes gay or was smoking weed.
This was a foster baby. In their care. That baby was more deserving of hyper viligence and care than the average child.
I dont know why the baby wasnt with her mom, but I do know her biological family is probably reeling in grief. I would be.

Yikes, this case is a clusterfuck. If they didn't notice the baby because they were high, then there definitely should be charges. I'm not sure they can justify murder though, that seems like reaching a bit.

Yikes, this case is a clusterfuck. If they didn't notice the baby because they were high, then there definitely should be charges. I'm not sure they can justify murder though, that seems like reaching a bit.
They found a great little loophole in the law to charge him with murder.

Back