• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
We will be back to featuring certain posts from Reality Bites. You will know if yours was featured because it will have a big-ass "Featured" prefix. All this means is that it will be shared to our Facebook Page which I abandoned years ago because I hate socials in general. But the proof is in the pudding and common sense says if a post is shared there it will get a humongous boost in views.

However, we will only be featuring posts we don't have to fuck with. Meaning, changing titles, adding pictures, fixing the content, etc. So if you see a dupe of a story, and one is featured, that just means the one that got featured was easier to share, and no need to report a dupe. How do you make a post easier to share? It's easy and hasn't changed in 12 years!

What does that mean for you? Not much, unfortunately, aside from possibly being recognized for having the most popular thread of the week\month. Dunno how we will do that, but we have some ideas we are testing. It will be superficial, but hey.

What does this mean for the site? Headaches for me as we will probably outgrow the current plan we are on and get some new blood in here. So instead of just me and @Jaded dealing with it, we are looking for a couple of people who are gluttons for punishment and wouldn't mind helping to moderate. As some of you are aware, @Alf went missing some time back and we have been running unmoderated ever since. I don't think we will be able to continue that route for too much longer. If interested, PM both me and Jaded.

Just wanted to speak a bit on the whole moderator thing. We are NOT looking for someone to moderate members, as refereeing is a ridiculously impossible task. We are in need of someone to help keep the site cleaned up.... moving threads, merging threads, getting rid of some of the spam that sneaks through, etc.

Back