• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
r1c4z5.jpg

Lindsey M. Gundlach​
[...]
32-year-old Huron woman has just been hit with more serious charges after a young passenger in her car died.

Lindsey M. Gundlach is charged with two counts of operating a motor vehicle while impaired, two counts of child endangering, involuntary manslaughter and aggravated vehicular homicide.
[....]
two children, Autumn Collinsworth, 7, and Javin Jacues, 4, were riding with Gundlach when she drove into the Huron River
[...]
She was backing out of a driveway at 9706 Riverview Drive when the accident happened.
[...]
Gundlach did not stop when she reached the street and backed right into the water.
[..]
Gundlach and the children's mother, Erika Kohler, had plans to go to another friend's house together with the kids. At the last minute, the children's mother decided to take her own car.
[...]
Kohler saw the incident, she dove into the river. Autumn was freed from the vehicle and was taken to shore; Gundlach was also able to make it to shore. Javin was unable to be saved.

"Unfortunately, they were not able to rescue the 4-year-old boy, and within a few minutes, it sounds like the vehicle sank and became submerged in the river,"
[...]
The Milan Township Fire Department received help from the Sandusky and Huron fire departments. Divers were eventually able to locate and remove Javin from the submerged vehicle.
[...]
was rushed to Fisher-Titus Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Sigsworth said Gundlach had a blood alcohol level one-and-a-half times the legal limit. He described what happened as a scene so devastating, even the most seasoned professionals were shaken.

"This is the stark reality of what potentially can happen when people choose to drink and drive,"
[...]
Gundlach was arrested at the scene. She is being held in the Erie County Jail on a $750,000 bond.
[...]
http://www.wncn.com/story/27686183/woman-drives-into-water-with-kids-one-child-dies

RIP Javin.

Had to look this one up, so goddamn sad.

Mother had zero blood limit. Gundlach "was still coherent while explaining what occurred" to police after the accident, http://www.sanduskyregister.com/news/fire-ems/713167

Photo of where the car went in. Makes it a bit easier to understand, the river seems fairly close, being over the limit she didn't have the reflexes to put the brakes on.
ql8hBvQ.jpg

Fuck that shit, I would have jumped in after that poor child :(
Why would these asshole think its a good idea to drive drunk with kids in the car???? This shit pisses me off. Now a 4yo boy is dead because of you. Good fucking job.
Fuck you very much

I'm familiar with this area. The water is close to the road. I used to worry driving down it myself. Its a curvy road. Was always careful. I don't want to judge mom too harshly yet. She may not have been aware her friend was drinking/drunk. She may have just arrived at the home to pick up the mother and kids. At the last second the mother decided to take her own vehicle to the get together they were all headed to. Mom may not have had the opportunity to recognize her friend was drunk. I've known people that are pretty good at not showing it.

It appears the driver partook in some partying prior to the get together.

I'd need more pictures of the accused before making a judgment. Kinda hard to determine whether she's hideous or physically attractive given the one fuzzy pic provided.

In the comment section of the article Krystal posted someone said the child could not have drowned because he had no water in his lungs... I would like to know if that is true although others responded like they had never heard anything about this .. So it could just be bs..

Rip javin and my heart truly goes out to both these kids .. At their age they knew what was happening and I can't imagine the terror..

A Huron, Ohio, woman who was intoxicated when she drove into the Huron River last December, killing her 4-year-old passenger, was sentenced Friday to seven years in prison.

Lindsey Gundlach, 32, pleaded guilty Aug. 24 in Erie County Common Pleas Court to aggravated vehicular homicide for the Dec. 21 drowning of Javin Jaques.

As part of a plea agreement, two additional counts of aggravated vehicular homicide, one count of endangering children, and two counts of operating a vehicle while intoxicated were dismissed.

In addition, Judge Roger Binette revoked Gundlach’s driver’s license. He cited her history of alcohol-related offenses, including four prior convictions for drunken driving, in imposing a prison sentence just one year shorter than the maximum.

In a sentencing memorandum filed with the court Gundlach’s attorney, Kenneth Bailey said his client, who has three children of her own, had battled addiction for several years.

“Miss Gundlach wanted to attend an in-patient treatment program before her accident in December, 2014, however she was afraid of how to pay for it, whether her family would support her, afraid of leaving her children, and afraid of losing custody of her children,” Mr. Bailey wrote.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2...rs-in-prison-for-DUI-death-of-4-year-old.html

He cited her history of alcohol-related offenses, including four prior convictions for drunken driving, in imposing a prison sentence just one year shorter than the maximum.

Fuck her.

I believe it is possible to drown "dry". Apparently it is caused by something called "laryngospasm" closing the throat so no air can penetrate into the lungs.

As ever, google (and wiki) is our friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_drowning

I had an episode of laryngospasm after vocal cord surgery once. It was horrible! They did the "jaw thrust" technique on me and gave me something to relax me. I hope the poor child passed from something quick and not from this.

Back