• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
28tc5di.jpg

Samuel and Ronan Peterson will have an interesting story to tell for the rest of their lives, thanks to Daylight Saving Time.

The infant twins — born overnight on Nov. 6, 2016 — have a strange twist to their ages because of the time change.

According to Cape Cod Healthcare in Massachusetts, Ronan is the older twin despite being born 31 minutes after Samuel.

How does that work?

According to hospital officials, Samuel was born at 1:39 a.m. Eastern and when his twin Ronan was born 31 minutes later, the clock had reset to 1:10 a.m., instead of being 2:10 a.m., because Daylight Saving Time had come to an end.

So, despite technically being 31 minutes younger, Ronan's official time of birth is listed as 29 minutes earlier than Samuel's.

One of the hospital's maternity nurses, who has 40 years on the job, said she'd never seen anything like it.

Seth Peterson, the boys' father, figured something strange was going to happen due to his wife Emily giving birth on the night of Daylight Saving Time's end.

"I said earlier that night that they were either going to be born on two different days or the time change was going to come into play," he said, according to Cape Cod Healthcare.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-causes-younger-twin-to-be-older-than-brother

Yes, I know this is from last year's DST, but it still made me smile to see it on the news.

If my mom had been born 4hrs later, she would only have had 17 birthdays by now. Leap year baby.

My lord what the fuck is wrong with that dudes face? How did this woman fuck him????

Disgusting fucking story.

Back