• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Chinchillazilla

Ill Eagle
Fort Worth vet accused of keeping dog alive for blood transfusions

FORT WORTH — Authorities raided a popular veterinary clinic Tuesday morning after a woman said that a dog she took in to be euthanized was being kept alive and used for blood transfusions.

Fort Worth police and officers from the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners spent several hours at the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic at 5709 Lovell Ave., in west Fort Worth. Two dogs were seized by animal control officers, authorities said.

Lou Tierce, a long-time Fort Worth veterinarian, is accused of deceiving Jamie and Marian Harris of Aledo into believing that their 5-year-old Leonberger named Sid was euthanized last fall because of a degenerative spinal condition.

In fact, Sid was being “bled” for plasma and other experimental treatments, Marian Harris said.

“The biggest hurt in all of this is the deception and what it means with something that means so much to you,” she said. “Our pets are family members.”

The family filed a complaint with the state last week.

Jim Eggleston, a Weatherford attorney who is representing the Harris family, said allegations have surfaced that more dogs and cats — some with serious illnesses — were being kept alive for blood transfusions and other experimental treatments.

“You have a vet keeping dogs under false pretenses,” he said. “You have family pets that people thought were cremated or put down peacefully that may still be alive.”

[...]

Sgt. Raymond Bush, a police spokesman, said police received a criminal complaint last week that animals were being mistreated — and stolen from clients — at the clinic.

“If the city of Fort Worth is able to determine that the law was broken, then down the road, warrants could be issued for somebody’s arrest,” Bush said.

[...]

By afternoon, animal control workers carried out two dogs, one in a carrier, from the clinic.

“At this point, these animals are evidence,” Bush said.

[...]

Symantha Spence rushed to the clinic in near tears after her husband called her and told her that he’d read about the investigation and raid on Facebook. Spence said the family’s golden retriever, Shiner Bock, had died at the vet clinic in March and now she wants to be sure that she was told the truth.

“We brought him in on a Sunday night and he was very ill. Monday morning, we got the phone call that he had passed away,” Spence said. “We never saw him again so I just wanted to make sure that he did pass away, for sure. We love this vet. They’re been nothing but good for us but we just want to make sure after hearing what we heard today.”

[...]

The Harrises brought Sid to the clinic in May 2013 because of a problem with the dog’s anal glands.

Tierce told the Harrises that he wanted to use a new “cold laser” procedure and that it might take longer for the dog to recover, according to the complaint filed April 22 with the Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners.

Over time, Sid did not appear to be getting better, according to the complaint.

In September, Jamie Harris went to Tierce’s clinic to see Sid, and was shocked when the dog dragged himself into the lobby because he could not lift his hind quarters. According to the complaint, Jamie Harris was told that Sid was suffering from a reaction to a medication cocktail.

The Harrises were also told that Sid had a congenital spinal defect and needed to be put down. The family said their goodbyes to Sid and agreed to let the clinic take care of the burial.

Six months later, on April 21, Harris said she was “shocked” when she got a call from a former veterinary technician at the clinic, telling her that Sid was still alive. The employee told Harris that she quit that day because she could no longer work in a clinic where the animals were mistreated.

The employee told Harris that Sid spent almost 24 hours a day in a cage, littered with his own feces and urine, and that he had been injured by another employee.

Jamie and Marian Harris described how they drove to the clinic and while two friends guarded the front and back doors as her husband distracted the receptionist, Harris went to the back, found Sid in a cage and rescued him.

Tierce came outside, according to the complaint, and explained that he had not euthanized Sid because some of his employees had threatened to quit if he did.

The Harrises left with Sid and took him to another veterinarian, who told them that it appeared Sid had been tapped for blood transfusions.

Sid is now back home in Aledo with the Harris family.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/0...et-accused-of-keeping.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

This is the most outrageous case of animal abuse I've read about in quite a while, and I hang out in this forum.

Last edited:
Wow, there are lots of ways to charge this vet, I wonder which they go for.
Theft?
Animal cruelty?
Fraud?

Wow, there are lots of ways to charge this vet, I wonder which they go for.
Theft?
Animal cruelty?
Fraud?
Hey, why not all three?

And my guess is there's probably some employee abuse going on that'll come to light. No way your average vet tech would keep quiet about this kind of thing, not without some kind of threats or some shit.

...wow. There is no words for this level of deception. I hope they can charge them with everything in the book. Assholes should be forced to wear shock collars and stew in their own shit.

My cat died yesterday so I'm a little sensitive about this, but I say hang the fucker and bleed him dry. I'm sure some hospitals can use the blood.

Holy crap that man is pure evil.

My cat died yesterday so I'm a little sensitive about this, but I say hang the fucker and bleed him dry. I'm sure some hospitals can use the blood.

Holy crap that man is pure evil.
Oh no, I'm so sorry about your cat. They bring so much joy, but the trade-off is that they leave huge scars behind when they go. :(

I fully agree with you. This guy is the scum of the earth.

OMFG! This is honestly probably one of the more shocking things I've seen on here. What the fuck was he doing to those poor animals? Was he giving them transfusions? or transfusing their blood into other animals? And why...just Why? How do you get all the way through vet school and then torture animals, most especially peoples pets?

Why? Was he curing cancer in dogs or something? I don't have animals but this is beyond sick, this guy was supposed to bring them piece of mind and now i'm sure they feel so guilty for leaving their dog with this bastard.

This is fucking INSANE! I worked at a clinic for 5 years, not once did we need to perform a transfusion! I can't comprehend what was going on at this clinic. Occasionally an anal gland will rupture, but typically resolves on it's own. If not, the gland can be removed, but even antibiotics are not usually necessary.

His punishment should be the same as Sid's. Use a "cold laser" on his anal glands, then give him blood transfusions for 6 months whilst keeping him in a small cage littered with his own urine and feces.

Eye for an Eye.

This is fucking INSANE! I worked at a clinic for 5 years, not once did we need to perform a transfusion! I can't comprehend what was going on at this clinic. Occasionally an anal gland will rupture, but typically resolves on it's own. If not, the gland can be removed, but even antibiotics are not usually necessary.
My dog needed a transfusion once (a vet had put her on some drug that inadvertently killed off most of her blood cells), but they just asked in the waiting room if anyone would volunteer their dog as a blood donor and someone did. You're right, I can't imagine needing so much dog blood that you can justify stealing a dog just for blood.

35d41ar.jpg
Dr. Millard (Lou) Tierce, of the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic, has been arrested for animal cruelty. A Texas family says he kept their dog alive for months after the pup’s planned euthanization so he could harvest the dog’s blood for transfusions.

A Texas veterinarian has been arrested on animal cruelty charges after a family accused him of keeping their dog alive for months so he could use the pet's blood for transfusions.

Dr. Millard (Lou) Tierce is charged with cruelty to animals, non-livestock. His vet license has also been suspended
[...]
Tierce, of Fort Worth's Camp Bowie Animal Clinic, turned himself into police around 7 p.m. Wednesday. Shortly after his booking, he posted $10,000 bond.

On Tuesday, Jamie and Marian Harris said they received a disturbing phone call from a vet technician, claiming that their dog, Sid, was at the clinic and being used for blood transfusions for other dogs.
But the Harris family thought Sid had been put down six months earlier. In October, they gave Tierce permission to euthanize the 4-year-old Leonberger after the clinic told them their pooch had a spine condition that would only get worse.

When the Harrises went to the clinic this week, they found Sid alive, kept in a cage with his own urine and feces. Another vet evaluated Sid and said the dog never needed to be put down.

Tierce, 71, has been licensed since 1966. Despite the charges, some customers are defending the vet.
"Great veterinarian, trust him 100%,"
[....] "Never had any problems, very thorough, very professional."

The Better Business Bureau gave Camp Bowie Animal Clinic a D rating, but said there has only been one complaint against Tierce in the past three years. The clinic is not accredited
[...]
When the Harrises went to the clinic this week, they found Sid alive, kept in a cage with his own urine and feces. Another vet evaluated Sid and said the dog never needed to be put down.

Tierce, 71, has been licensed since 1966. Despite the charges, some customers are defending the vet.
"Great veterinarian, trust him 100%," customer Greg Aston tells NBC. "Never had any problems, very thorough, very professional."

The Better Business Bureau gave Camp Bowie Animal Clinic a D rating, but said there has only been one complaint against Tierce in the past three years. The clinic is not accredited
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...tion-arrested-article-1.1775143#ixzz30UNssldH
2cz9axh.jpg

Another vet examined Sid and said the 4-year-old dog didn’t need to be put down in the first place.

28t9ylc.jpg
Marian Harris, Sid's owner, said she found her dog alive in the clinic six month after she gave Tierce permission to put him down.

and before anyone says anything that one pic WILL NOT CENTER

Veterinarian Turns Himself In, Charged With Animal Cruelty
[...]
The employee allegedly told the family that Sid was being used for blood transfusions and other medical procedures.
“The betrayal is so incredibly intense that nothing you have prepares you for the emotions,” owner Marian Harris said. “There’s anger. There’s joy that you have your dog back. There’s betrayal of this intense trust.”
Officials with the Fort Worth Police Department confirm that the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, along with Fort Worth police and local animal control officers, began an investigation at the clinic on April 29.
Tierce, 71, has been a licensed veterinarian since 1966. The Camp Bowie Animal Clinic has a D rating with the Better Business Bureau and is not an accredited establishment.
Since the allegations were made public Tierce’s clinic, and others across North Texas, has been flooded with people inquiring as to the whereabouts of their believed-to-be deceased animals. Police are asking that anyone who thinks they may have been victimized by the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic to call 817-335-4222 and complete an offense report.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/04/30/veterinarian-turns-himself-in-charged-with-animal-cruelty/

Last edited:
What makes me even more mad about this case is he has fucking supporters. His supporters are saying, "Sure, he was gruff with people, but he loved animals."

Them motherfucker has been found to have kept 6 animals alive for these procedures after clients signed off on the euthanasia. One has been kept there for as long as 2 fucking years.

Fuck him.

I wanted to add BURN HIM ALIVE but didnt want anyone suing Morbid
But Id fucking kill the SOB a slow painful death

Last edited:
This guy needs to lose his veterinary license and be locked up for animal cruelty. He has been a veterinarian since 1966? it's time he was put out to pasture.

They should have went back and got the fucking dog. (That would have been interesting) I've had animals over the years that have been put down, old age, etc. I always went back the same or very next day to retrieve the pet, then I'd bury it in the backyard.

His license has been suspended so far pending investigation.

Not only did he keep the animals he said he was putting down, his place of business is extremely unsanitary. He more than likely will lose his license. My heart hurts for the 6 animals that basically have been living in their own filth for a while. On top of that, can you imagine how they felt abandoned by their family?

2 fucking years they are estimating on one. 2 years.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/25397...nimal-cruelty-turns-self-in-bonds-out-of-jail

Investigators raided the Camp Bowie Animal Clinic on Tuesday because a former employee accused the doctor of telling clients he was going to euthanize their pets, and instead kept the animals alive and used them for blood transfusions and other medical experiments.

According to the suspension order, the investigators noted 'unsanitary conditions, animal organs kept in jars, bugs in exam rooms, open and unsecured medications.' They also found five animals Dr. Tierce had accepted for euthanasia that were still alive. One had been kept for two to three years in a cage.

Marian Harris said she filed the initial complaint against the doctor after the former employee told her that her dog, Sid, was still alive, six months after she though he had been put down.

That prompted other clients to go to the clinic in search of answers. On Wednesday afternoon, two separate families said they don't know whether their pets are alive or dead.

A dog named Maxina belonged to Rebecca Pearce. She filed a complaint Wednesday with the state, saying Dr. Tierce told her that her dog died and he gave her a can with ashes in it, but never billed her for any services. The complaint states there are no records of the cremation, so she wants to know what happened to her dog.

Im looking at my dogs here laying on the floor looking at me and I cant imagine using the dogs like that

Im looking at my dogs here laying on the floor looking at me and I cant imagine using the dogs like that

Screwing with my furry babies is the exact same thing as screwing with my family.
I have my own, private swamp & know where to get an alligator, or two... Do the math.

Awwwwwww hell naw! Having 2 put down and/or lose one of your furbabies is already hard enough! This was wrong on soooooo many levels..:mad::punch::rage::mad:

Took that dog from a family who loved him and tortured him and left him in a cage standing in his own shit and pee?!? Poor dog probably wondered for so long, what he could have possibly done to deserve that. So sad. Im glad he was resuced.

And his dark, cold, steely, soulless eyes should have been the first indication.

I say we attatch his sack to a tree stump...1 spike for every dog...cover him in bacon grease...and let my wild boar hunting dogs decide what happens.

They eat turds from other animals, but it i think it would take bacon grease to ease down this "special" cookie.

The one bright spot is that Sid is back in his loving home. Can't imagine how good it felt for him to see his owners after months of abuse.

They should have went back and got the fucking dog. (That would have been interesting) I've had animals over the years that have been put down, old age, etc. I always went back the same or very next day to retrieve the pet, then I'd bury it in the backyard.
Wow You do have a <3, at least for animals. ;)

I'm slightly surprised how many people don't want to be with their animals as they are put down. I worked in a vet clinic for 2 years and one of the things I had to do was to sit with them as they passed (and clean up after). I can recall only a handful that didn't have owners with them. Most people want to hold them one last time.

This is probably the worst animal cruelty story I've seen in a while. It even out does the cases were people beat animals or starve them. Those kinds of cases it's the owners choosing to neglect their pets. These owners loved their animals and thought they were sick. They trusted this vet.

I think it's quite possible the doctor told them they weren't allowed to be in the room when the animal was put down. And that he would handle all costs towards disposal. Hell, he even gave one lady fake ashes.

I don't fault them for not wanting to be there to watch their pet pass.

Back