• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

What is SB 145?​

Senate Bill 145 ends California’s anti-LGTBQ discriminatory treatment of specific sex acts regarding sex offender registry law. Under longstanding California law, if an adult has voluntary penile-vaginal intercourse with a minor aged 14, 15, 16, or 17 and is up to 10 years older than the minor, the offense is not automatically registerable. A judge has discretion whether or not to place the defendant on the sex offender registry. By contrast, if the sexual act is oral sex, anal sex or digital penetration, the court must place the defendant on the sex offender registry regardless of the facts of the crime and even in cases where the prosecutor does not want to place the defendant on the registry. This distinction in the law is irrational and discriminatory towards LGBTQ youth. SB 1

✅ SB 145 is supported by law enforcement, survivors’ advocates and civil rights groups. The bill is cosponsored by Los Angeles District Attorneys and Equality California. It is also supported by California Coalition Against Sexual Assault, California Police Chiefs Association, California District Attorneys Association, the Anti-Defamation League, Human Rights Campaign, the ACLU, and Children Now.

What the hell about 'parents'?

This tells me that age of consent laws, as well as the crime laws that go along with them, need to be laws set forth by the federal government. I also think that all of the members of those groups that support SB 145 should be forced to register as Level III sex offenders!

Screw the judicial latitude.

10 years older?? my gosh at 24 you are a grown ass adult and a 14 years old is a kid.... what else would a grown up 24 years old want with a kid??? wine and dine them? take them out on dates?? take them to your office parties or company parties??? to me that law would only encourage pedos :( ....at 17 and 18 well they should be nearly ready or are of age to go and make their on way in life if they want to forgo their prom or take their prom a date that is nearly as close to your own parent as they are to your own age it is your choice after all you are close or already close to the age of adulthood.... the law shouldn't give mixed messages... if at 14 you can have sex with an adult then at the same age if you break the law you should also be recognize as adult and be treated as an adult not a juvie... can't have it both ways... and when will it stop?? at what age ?? now 14 and 3 or 4 years down the road will it be 10?? why stop at 10 ?? if they can say yes then they can give consent??? heck a few years back one of my girls 12 years old brought a booklet home about a girl's right... this was underlined and an adult note was put in the margin, " a girl has the right to have sex with a person 2 years minus a day" and the written note said "this is your right" with my girl's name written.... i told her "yea that might be your right but try it and see what a parent's right is"...

According to this a 21 year old can rape a 14 year old and have it not be statutory rape and no need to register as a sex offender
If it’s consensual, since when can a 14 year old consent?

Last edited:
Wow, they're legalizing child sex abuse.

Parents might want to flee that shithole for real. Assuming they aren't living in a tent on the sidewalk and can't afford to move 5 miles much less 500.

Interesting I just read the old thread and posters got it right, this time seems some posters have an opposite reaction, is it because of click support? Not the first time small clicks have gotten started on here, supporting each other’s post no matter what and attacking certain other posters

Last edited:
Reminds me of the joke...

40yo is musing that he finally went out and slept with his high school sweetheart. Now she expects him to take her to her junior prom.

Back