• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1707763955888.png

Boston City Councilor Julia Mejia offered an alternative solution to her city’s migrant crisis Thursday by volunteering the private homes of others.

Doing so, Mejia reasoned, would take advantage of places outside Boston that have more funds available to accommodate migrants. While the sanctuary city is currently struggling to support its own influx of migrants, Meija, a Democrat, said she believes the solution lies with Boston’s wealthier suburbs.

"Dedham, Wellesley, Brookline — cities and towns that have so much more resources than the city of Boston. People who actually have more financial support," she told NBC10 Boston. "We need to do everything in our power to make sure that we are setting them up for success or whatever success looks like."

X comments

“So has Julia Mejia opened her doors?” commentator Paul Szypula asked. “Is she even a legal citizen herself? It’s amazing how leftists are so generous with other people’s homes. But when it comes to theirs they suddenly are nowhere to be found. No one should house illegals. They’re illegals. Deport them all.”
“NO,” self-described free speech activist Phillip Anderson said. “The responsibility should be to secure the border and do deportations. Not to house total strangers in your own home.”

“hey .@juliaforboston how many you have living at your house ?” popular account "Dividend Master" asked.

This politician was being facetious when he said this:

Josh McBroom, a councilman in Naperville, Illinois, suggested the “affluent community” should take in migrant families seeking asylum in the city.

“I’m not going to support using other peoples’ money to house or aid. I do know there’s a lot of people who do care. I think we live in a compassionate community,” McBroom said last month. “We do have a very affluent community, a lot of big homes, and what I'd like to do is direct staff to create a signup sheet for individuals that would be willing to house migrant families.”

I think you'd like it here, but we'll see about getting you your own apartment. I know the manager. I give her $500 every month so she don't kick me out. Nice, roomy 2 bedroom apartments. All the amenities, no bugs, no rats, no killings. Not really any bad attitudes. So come on!

Estimates are that between 49 & 50 MILLION* people are enslaved today. Shouldn't we be doing something about that instead of playing off of White American Guilt? After all, America didn't start this shit, but she sure suffered the tortures of the damned to try to end it... ‍

*Info comes from walkfree.org's Global Slavery Index:

House Democrats Reject Giving Massachusetts Homeless Veterans Preference Over Migrants (Invaders, not "migrants") in Shelter System

Back