• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

gatekeeper

Loves the "Funny" Button
Looks like peer pressure is at it again. Quick note about how far this can go with some kids.

I can't remember if I mentioned this here publicly (if so, forgive my redundancy), but when I was in my mid teens, I was in a placement with a girl whose polyabuse and cruel treatment was right up there in the top 10% of the worst of the worst among kids who'd actually survived. Her life would've been one of the stand outs on the FP here. She was the worst self-abuser I'd ever seen at the time and her entire body from head/scalp to toe was a living testament to the level of insane self-loathing a family can inflict on an innocent child.

One of her things was doing this eraser thing to her arms, thighs and abdomen. The permanent ruts from her going "into the zone" and using any kind of erasers she could get hold of (steal) were bone deep and so wide that at that time they couldn't be surgically filled, repaired and skin grafted. They also couldn't do it b/c she couldn't be strapped to her bed in leather restraints and given Thorazine round the clock to tranq her out for 6-8 weeks (illegal) until they were completely healed. She peeled off by hand the first skin graft they'd tried on the largest trench she'd erased into her thigh (about the size of a reg. hot dog), never any drugs, ice or anesthesia of any kind necessary. What pain she couldn't block with her mind, she felt completely comfortable with. The pain had become her Xanax. So, keep an eye on your kiddos and their friends. Even without any mental instability, this is nothing to play with when it comes to scarring and with today's "superbugs" going around.

"The Eraser Challenge": http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/31/eraser-challenge-connecticut-school_n_5064561.html

I've seen some pretty nice scaring from cutting...The girl was a mess, I've never met a woman that filled with self loathing and hated for herself. but her scars were amazing, swirls and flowers, tribal designs. Rachel...she was proud of them...no chicken scratches across her arms for her. She did this for years, it was her thing before they started offering it at the tattoo shop.

I remember the burn of an eraser. But it never went as far as permenant scaring... That's for sure. Back in the younger days tho, I remember my brothers showing me how to make myself a temporary tattoo....lmao. Won't try that again.

This eraser thing is not new, I remember when I was in grammar school back in the early '70's it was a dare to do it to yourself. I never did it cause I am allergic to pain but quite a few did, tho nothing like a trench, most just scrubbed a small cross on their wrist so they could show it off and then never again, because, duh! it hurt too much.

I don't know what's wrong with some folks today, I cannot ever remember hating myself so much, even at my most moody in my teens years, as the kids seem to today.

We stuck straight pins under our skin...the real cool kids were the kids that could do it with their eyelids. I never could get that far. And even we never did erasers. Ouch.

It's all about the endorphins. Physical pain produces endorphins that can also relieve psychological pain. I once quit smoking by slapping the insides of my thighs when the anguish became too much to bear.

This eraser thing is not new, I remember when I was in grammar school back in the early '70's it was a dare to do it to yourself

Yep. Stupid media trying to search for imagined controversies and get more attention for stupid bullshit. This really shouldnt be a news story.

Back