• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
e8qtk1.jpg

Police say a woman was arrested after she allegedly told her three grandchildren to shoplift from a Walmart in Athens.

Investigators say the kids, as young as 4-years-old, were coached on what items to grab.

Alma Brightwell, 47, was charged with theft by shoplifting Tuesday at the Walmart on Lexington Road. She is also banned from all Walmart properties for two years.

According to police, Walmart Loss Prevention witnessed Brightwell telling the children to fill stolen backpacks with more stolen goods. The children are ages 4, 7 and 8-years-old.

[...]
According to an incident report provided by police, Brightwell told investigators she was actually trying to stop the kids from putting items in the bags, but they wouldn't listen

[...]
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26513360/police-grandma-uses-grandkids-to-steal-from-walmart

Brightwell told investigators actually trying to stop the kids from putting items in the bags, but they wouldn't listen
Wow, she really tried that. Surprised she didn't blame the kids entirely, and say she never saw a thing.

My Grandma left my siblings and I (4 of us under 12) at a supermarket once. My eldest sister got hysterical when we realised the car was gone. Mall security rang her up and she came back, they asked us if she was okay in the head (she was)

Stoopid grandma. How could she possibly coach these babies into becoming criminals?
Then, when they get caught in major criminal activity (in the future) grandma will be the first to say, "My baby's innocent. He/she is such a good, kind, bible-reading kid! He/she would never do something like that!"
Fucktard, people like this piss the daylights out of me! And then we end up paying higher prices for their stealing!

She just looks like she has an attitude lol... The fact that she would even remotely blame it on the kids speaks volumes about her character o_O

She should have known better than to involve the 4 year old....those little crumbgrabbers cant be trusted with a secret at all, they always cave and tell on you:shifty:

I didn't even know this was possible, to be banned from ALL WalMart properties.

I used to work for Wally-World back in the day.

I don't know if this is still the case, but being banned from all of the stores is really had to enforce. They would have to catch her doing something that makes her stick out and then compare her to the long list of photos that are kept in the loss prevention room and positively identify her. Then they could prosecute her for trespassing. If she is at a store that doesn't immediately recognize her she could easily blend right in and not raise any flags.

It's been a while, though, since I worked there (thank Gawd), things might have changed.

My mom is 51 and she makes this Granny look like the crypt keeper. What the fuck is with her eyes they are so tiny.

Back