• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
We have seals everywhere. I have never been attacked because I never taunted them. Also, they aren't the type to kill a kid, he seriously was just pulling her in the water. Could they kill a kid? Yeah. But it takes being provoked before they care enough to go after humans. The seal only bit her clothes. Had it wanted a piece of her, make no mistake she'd have gotten a chunk taken out or her arm bitten and yanked. Had the seal really wanted to hurt her or someone else, it would have happened.

Agreed!

This story makes me think of something I saw as a kid. I was at Seaworld on a family trip and witnessed an early teen (maybe 11 or 12?) teasing a walrus with a fish - they kept waving it over the walrus' head and then yanking it away when the animal came up for it. Eventually, the walrus just launched a big old fishy spit at the kid - who screamed in horror and jumped back while reflexively dropping the fish to the waiting walrus. I about fell over laughing (on the inside, of course, as the parents were present). :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
[doublepost=1495898957,1495898427][/doublepost]
/www.yahoo.com/beauty/sea-lion-victim-now-rare-152955843.html

The girl now has a nasty infection caused by he sea lion called "seal finger". Aquarium says she will get the right treatment.

I hope she comes to no long lasting harm, poor kid. She was just being curious, which is a natural kid impulse.

Lau admitted his daughter had been too close to the wild animal.
"That's a lesson she took and she has taken that lesson in a hard way," he said.

That was a primarily a lesson for YOU sir. :mad:

That was a primarily a lesson for YOU sir.
A lesson for all. The parents might have told the girl to "be more careful, don't sit so close to water". And she did it anyway. That's also a natural kid impulse. We don't really know..
Though thoughtlessness all around would be no surprise at all. Especially reading about the aftermath

Latest posts

Back