• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
fc1hja.jpg

Not looking good....tweets are saying he was on the beach with his family for "movie night".

A toddler was dragged into the water by an alligator near Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The 2-year-old was dragged into the Seven Seas Lagoon about 9:30 p.m., Tuesday, authorities said.

Deputies are searching the waters for the toddler.

Raw: Witness video of deputies search for toddler in water at Disney

An emergency responder with Disney told Channel 9 he has never responded to anything like this during his more than 10-year career.

There is a helicopter searching the area, and there are reports of a gator trapper headed to the scene.

Florida Fish and Wildlife, Reedy Creek Fire Rescue and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office are conducting a search and recovery operation of the 2-year-old child.
http://www.wftv.com/news/local/depu...-gator-near-disneys-grand-floridian/343562764

ETA:
The child, who is reportedly 2 years old, was dragged into Seven Seas Lagoon around 9:30 p.m., a sheriff’s office spokeswoman told the paper.

The child, whose name was not available, had not been found as of 11 p.m.

According to several tweets, the child was on the beach during a “movie night” event when the incident occurred.

As of 10:30 p.m., crews are searching the water for the missing child.

The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is an upscale luxury resort owned by Disney. It is one of three hotels on the monorail line, just one stop away from the Magic Kingdom Park.
http://q13fox.com/2016/06/14/alligator-drags-child-into-lake-at-disney-resort-in-orlando/

Last edited:
Holy fuck! Disney Nightmare.

I can't imagine what the little one's parents are going through right now.

CNN is interviewing a sheriff at the scene and he says it was a little boy and they've been searching for him for 3 or 4 hours. Witnesses at the scene say the dad entered the water and tried to wrestle his child from the alligator. Jesus, I can't even imagine what his parents are going through right now.

The little boy was playing in the water and the alligator grabbed him, the father witnessed the whole thing.

CNN is interviewing a sheriff at the scene and he says it was a little boy and they've been searching for him for 3 or 4 hours. Witnesses at the scene say the dad entered the water and tried to wrestle his child from the alligator. Jesus, I can't even imagine what his parents are going through right now.

The little boy was playing in the water and the alligator grabbed him, the father witnessed the whole thing.
Thanks. I edited to change gender.

What a complete nightmare for those parents.

Demings said the family was vacationing from Nebraska with three children. At the time of the attack, they were relaxing on the shoreline when the alligator attacked him. Demings said the father entered the water and tried to grab the child from the gator, but was not successful.

Parents then alerted a nearby lifeguard that an alligator had attacked the boy.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-dragged-alligator-disney-20160614-story.html

County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed that a child playing near the edge of the water on a beach at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa was attacked and pulled in the Seven Seas Lagoon. The boy’s father attempted to rescue him from the gator’s mouth, but had to walk away with a few scratches and is being assisted. The family is vacationing from Nebraska.

There are currently more than 50 officers searching the lake including 2 marine units. Florida Wildlife Commission has enough resources that it can stay on property until the child is found. Deputies hope to recover the child by daylight, but will still continue the search for as long as it takes.

When questioned about how the OCSO is reacting to this incident after the shootings over the past weekend, Sheriff Jerry Demmings responded, “The staff is very resilient, and tonight they are very focused on assisting the family.”
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...gator-attack-on-child-at-the-grand-floridian/

I wouldn't let a child go wading in Florida at night. It's inviting trouble from gators. I wouldn't assume the waters are safe even at a posh resort. And what about water moccasins?

ORLANDO, FL
— Early reports state that a 2-year-old was dragged into a lake by an alligator near Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Reports are still coming in, but the Orange County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a child was attending a movie night at the resort when the alligator dragged her into the Seven Seas Lagoon at around 9:30 p.m.

Some witnesses said they saw the child near the water but no one who saw the actual attack has spoke to reporters at this time. However, someone at the scene stated they heard a group of people describing the child’s father wrestling with the alligator.

The child’s name has not been released and it isn’t clear if she or her family were guests at the hotel. Police have taped off the scene and are using a helicopter and dive crews to look for th child. As of 11:30 p.m., the toddler has no been located.

Walt Disney World resorts often have movie nights where adults and children can sit on the beach and watch different movies being played on inflatable screens in the water.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

YZuzYw92T5Q

Continue reading...

I feel so bad for the parents of this little baby. We all already know the outcome.
How fucking awful.
But being the parent I am my children 6 & 3 are NEVER out of arms reach from me. The image of the dad trying to wrestle his child from the aligators mouth :( just fucking horrible.

Looks like a very gatory place. I wonder if they have warning signs on the beaches?

15n66o8.png
All of Florida is a gatory place. Huge development has placed many people in their territory. When I lived there, they had been driven almost to extinction, but now they've rebounded.

How tragic for that family. What was supposed to be a memorable vacation ended up that way for the worst reason possible. :(

My husband and I went to WDW / Magic Kingdom often when we lived in Tampa. During those visits, we've seen alligators twice right inside the Magic Kingdom's Rivers of America. Not baby ones either! One was about 4' long and hanging out in the water near a wooden plank boardwalk. The other one was over 6' and cruising in front of the Mark Twain, doing a roll and submerging only when the boat came too close. There is no way Disney Parks can keep alligators from entering the property, as gators travel by water and by land, the same paths used to transport visitors from the hotels and lots to the parks.

This is one speculative reason why the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes attraction was permanently closed in Florida. o_O

How tragic for that family. What was supposed to be a memorable vacation ended up that way for the worst reason possible. :(

My husband and I went to WDW / Magic Kingdom often when we lived in Tampa. During those visits, we've seen alligators twice right inside the Magic Kingdom's Rivers of America. Not baby ones either! One was about 4' long and hanging out in the water near a wooden plank boardwalk. The other one was over 6' and cruising in front of the Mark Twain, doing a roll and submerging only when the boat came too close. There is no way Disney Parks can keep alligators from entering the property, as gators travel by water and by land, the same paths used to transport visitors from the hotels and lots to the parks.

This is one speculative reason why the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes attraction was permanently closed in Florida. o_O

Thanks for that. Do they post warning signs at the beaches?

I wonder if guests are made aware of the fact that there is a possibility of running into alligators on the premises of the resort. You would assume so since small children are at risk. You would think that they would employ people to be gator spotters in areas such as a lagoon that is a resort feature. This takes, 'my vacation nightmare' to an entirely new level. How horrific for this mother and father who were right there, tried to save their child with both entering the water. The visions they must have and can't keep from entering in their heads.

Apparently, there were many "no swimming" signs. I guess parents thought wading at night was different from swimming. Visitors from the Midwest had no clue about Florida gators. I see one hell of a lawsuit coming.
I don't get the allure of Disney. Under any circumstances. I asked a friend why spend money taking a baby/toddler to Disneyland when the child won't remember anyway and she said because it's fun for the adults to watch the kids ' reactions. How cruelly ironic in this case.

Last edited:
I was just there in December and we toured the Grand Floridian, I don't recall seeing any alligator warning signs. But that doesn't mean they weren't there, just I didn't see them. We did see an alligator inside Magic Kingdom during the after hours party, just floating there in a stream, we were standing on the bridge above it.

Sorry. That I don't know as we lived w/in driving distance of the parks (the child was taken on a Disney hotel property). I now wanna go sleuth the internet pics for those signs...

I had a bit of a look earlier. I found plenty of pics of the beaches at that resort. I didn't see any warning signs. I also trawled the resort website and saw nothing about gators.

. WALT DISNEY WORLD, Fla. - The search for a boy who deputies say was dragged by an alligator into the water at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World continues.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/de...boy-dragged-into-water-by-alligator-at-disney

Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
ORLANDO (CBSMiami) – Dozens of police officers and other law enforcement personnel are searching the Seven Seas Lagoon and surrounding waters at the Walt Disney World Resort after a two year old boy was dragged into the lake by an alligator.

It happened behind the Grand Floridian Hotel. The two-year boy was attacked and dragged away by the gator around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/06/15/gator-drags-boy-into-lake-at-disney-resort/

Last edited:
I was just there in December and we toured the Grand Floridian, I don't recall seeing any alligator warning signs. But that doesn't mean they weren't there, just I didn't see them. We did see an alligator inside Magic Kingdom during the after hours party, just floating there in a stream, we were standing on the bridge above it.

That's the best time to go to the Magic Kingdom! I had annual passes to all the parks for a few years and we went to one of the late nights. The park was essentially empty, my friend and I rode the big merry go round all by ourselves and you could walk right in and ride rides with no line at all. Plus it's much cooler at night. :)
[doublepost=1465999646,1465999426][/doublepost]Four alligators have been removed from the water already but there's no immediate answers as to whether they were involved in the attack or not.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/deputies-gator-drags-toddler-water-disney-resort-39864336

Happiest Place on earth my ass!

I love Disney, and I have always assumed there were no gators in the man made lakes, glad I never tested my theory.

Shit. This family has to be a horrible mess.

Back