• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Cops have charged the parents of two toddlers found alone in a squalid Brooklyn apartment, officials said.

Kevin Magwood, 37, and Tamika Riley, 38, were slapped with charges of acting in a manner injurious to a child after their 2-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son were abandoned in a second-floor pad on Blake Ave. near Georgia Ave. in East New York on Thursday night.

There was no food in the apartment and the children were poorly cared for, cops said. The smell of pot in the place was “overwhelming,” a police source said.

At least three — apparently drunk and high — people stayed in the flat after police took the kids.

“There are people in and out of there all the time. It's a drug den. I can't believe they had children in there,” one neighbor said.

The kids were checked out at Brookdale University Hospital. Their aunt is going to care for them.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...toddlers-brooklyn-apartment-article-1.3766205

It's real simple; you want to be a filthy druggie squatter? Then don't have kids.

Have kids? Clean up your fucking act and be a Goddamned parent.

That part of Brooklyn, NY, is absolutely horrible. They also have a huge problem with landlords breaking Apartments down into single rooms, some of these rooms don't even have Windows.
Look up the Gerazounis case where landlord is being charged for manslaughter even though he wasn't even living in the building.
I'm surprised more kids were not found...

It's difficult to retain your housing and benefits without having your children.

This just changed in Canada ... or at least in Ontario. If the CAS apprehends your children, you can retain your benefits for a period of time (not indefinitely) because its harder to change your location or make plans for a family of three, or four or whatever when you only get benefits for one. Discontinuing the benefits was actually making it harder for parents to get reestablished and making the re-unification process almost impossible ... now kids are in care for shorter periods of time and parents are stepping up. its new ... so I guess we'll see how it goes.
[doublepost=1516482629,1516482529][/doublepost]
I just hope the aunt can give them what they need.

I doubt it ... because Dreamin demon.

Those poor little tiny tots probably have marijuana in their systems from exposure. I don't care what happens to the parental units. Those babies are screwed. I just hope the aunt can give them what they need.

Honestly, if the parents just smoked weed, meh. I smoke weed. When my kid isn't around. And *shocker* my house is not feces encrusted and my child has always been well-fed, well-loved and never left to her own devices as a toddler.

I think there was a lot more than some weed smoking going on. Either methy type shit, or just dirty, lazy pieces of shit who had no business having children.

Back