• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1707431970899.png

The self-described “super mayor” of a small Illinois town has hit back at those who criticize her almost $300,000 salary and brazen use of public funds on flights, steakhouses and billboards — while her village faces a deficit.
Democrat Tiffany Henyard, elected as mayor of Dolton in 2021, claimed at a public meeting on Monday her critics are simply upset because she is a black woman in power.

“You all should be ashamed of yourselves because you all are black. You all are black,” the glamorous mayor said during the livestreamed meeting. “And you all [are] sitting up here beating and attacking a black woman that’s in power.”
Henyard, who also serves as the Thornton Township supervisor, went on to hit out at her own village trustees, who filed a lawsuit against her, alleging she forged checks and withheld financial records.

“You all forget I’m the leader. They want to hear from the mayor,” she said of the 20,000 residents. “You ain’t learned that yet.”
“The mayor — not the trustees that don’t do nothing. They only run their mouth,” she continued, clearly vexed.

“You all don’t do no work, no work.”
According to copies of the township’s credit card statements obtained by WGN9, taxpayers forked over more than $67,000 on Henyard’s trips to destinations including Austin, Atlanta and New York City, often flying first class.

In Atlanta, Henyard and her advisors stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel, spending about $9,347 there, and in New York, the group stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, where the hotel charged them $13,098.

Other charges show the township — where the median annual salary of residents is $24,000 —racked up more than $23,000 in restaurant charges across the state from July through November.
Nakita Cloud, who served for a short time as Henyard’s chief of staff in Dolton, said she would regularly invite her aides and supporters to dine at upscale restaurants at the taxpayers’ expense — even though they did not actually discuss government business.
Besides the alleged frivolous spending, Henyard also sparked outrage over a controversial salary plan she successfully proposed for Thornton Township, which critics claim was a strategy to discourage anyone from running against her.

Henyard, who collectively earns a $285,000 salary from her two positions, proposed a nearly 90% cut to her salary if someone else wins her spot in the next election, Fox 32 reported. However, if Henyard is re-elected, her salary would remain the same.
Still, Henyard claims she is still a loyal servant to the residents.

“Everything we do is for the people… but we’re under attack,” she told residents at the meeting on Monday.

“We get scrutinized by the media. For what? Loving on the people? Showing that they matter to us?

“We go through the fires for you all,” she claimed.

Read in link how she assigns police officers to guard her instead of patrolling the community.

You get what you vote for, also when you don't vote this is what you get.

If this woman runs again for any political office and wins it is the people that are at fault.

“You ain’t learned that yet.” - no person in authority should use the word "ain't." I could go on but she presents herself as uneducated and uncouth.

Being a black woman in power does not give anyone a pass on stealing from their community. Everybody in that town should vote and vote against her. The fact that she wanted to gut the salary of any one elected after her, but not her's if re-elected, shows what she really values, herself and money.

‘Super mayor’ Tiffany Henyard’s ‘unbearable’ spending out of control: $1M on cop overtime, thousands for unapproved ice rink and constant parties, travel​

Self-styled Illinois “super mayor” Tiffany Henyard has spent gobs of cash from her debt-ridden small town’s coffers — burning thousands on unapproved ice rinks, constant parties and luxurious travel, and upwards of million dollars on pay for local cops serving as her personal security detail.

“The spending has become unbearable for the residents. It’s parties and a lot of events. It’s resources in reference to making it look like something is being done, but we really can’t afford it,” said Dolton, Illinois, trustee, Kiana Belcher.

Mayor Henyard, a failed burger joint boss, has come under fire in recent months for her outlandish antics and questionable spending — including hiring a DJ to punctuate her points during government meetings, and co-opting cops to dance in her music videos — which have left residents and local leadership alike outraged.

“A million dollars of overtime for the police department is absurd. We can’t afford it,” Belcher added.

She explained how her inaguration party cost $15,000 which Henyard initially said her campaign would pay for, but instead charged to the village.

“If there is a party, she’s going to make it happen,” Belcher said, pointing out a Valentine’s Day party that was held at the town’s ice rink on Wednesday night.

The rink was built in the fall of 2022 when Henyard allegedly went over the heads of the village board and ordered it to be built on public land at a cost of $115,000, putting down a $10,000 deposit.

When the board found out they halted the rest of the rink payments, so Henyard went around them again and ordered a rink from a separate company which successfully installed it.

That rink was completed days before a crucial election for Henyard, according to Illinois Answers. During a grand opening for the rink, the mayor published a video mocking the town board.

“Remember: when all five of them trustees said no, look what God did!” she said, cackling.

Residents and local leadership have not been as amused.

“It’s no transparency. You ask questions and they don’t want to give you the information. As the legislative body, we pay the bills,” said Belcher, who complained that the rink only ever gets used when Henyard allows it.

Critic of Illinois mayor Tiffany Henyard believes embattled pol ordered shooting at her home​

A vocal critic of embattled mayor Tiffany Henyard believes her home was sprayed with bullets at the behest of the official during a bitter feud between them last summer.

Two cars belonging to tenants of former Village of Dolton Trustee Valeria Stubbs, a retired member of the Cook County Sheriff’s Office, were riddled with at least nine shots last July.

The raid, she believes, stemmed from her public attacks on Henyard, who has been accused of plundering the debt-ridden Illinois town’s coffers to pay for lavish travel, dinners and personal indulgences.

Asked if she believes Henyard, 40, was behind the shooting, Stubbs didn’t hesitate.

“Absolutely,” she told The Post.

Stubbs said Henyard has personally menaced her at her home several times prior to the incident — the first during a snowstorm last winter.

At the time, Stubbs had accused the mayor of hiring a registered sex offender as a village code enforcement officer, and publicly demanded he be removed from his position.

Henyard and her team did not respond to calls for comment from The Post Monday.

Soon after, Henyard posted a bizarre video of herself personally shoveling snow from Stubbs’ driveway.

“This is what it looks like when you pull up on your haters,” a smiling Henyard states. “Guess what? I am there for all my haters. It doesn’t matter. Because I am the mayor of all of Dolton — the good, the bad and the ugly. And even the hateful.”

Embattled ‘super mayor’ Tiffany Henyard, accused misusing funds for lavish trips and $1M security detail, vetoes probe into her spending​

Self-described “super mayor” Tiffany Henyard vetoed a resolution seeking to investigate her spending following allegations that she misused taxpayer money on lavish trips and her own $1 million police detail.

The Dolton, Illinois, village board unanimously voted to open a probe into Henyard, calling on her to submit the village’s financial records and inviting the FBI to conduct its own investigation.

Henyard, however, issued a veto on Monday, claiming the resolution was the result of personal attacks against her and stemmed from one-sided narratives.

“As you can see, our village, our community, myself, we are under attack,” Henyard said at the village board meeting. “It’s a shame that people can come to meetings and just tell one side of the stories and not get the entire side of both stories.”

Embattled ‘Dolton dictator’ Tiffany Henyard accused of trying to silence sexual assault accuser​

Illinois’ self-described “super-mayor” Tiffany Henyard is facing renewed calls for her resignation amid a state investigation into claims that she tried to silence a subordinate who accused a trustee of sexual assault.

The state Department of Human Rights has launched a probe into a pair of complaints filed against the Dolton Mayor’s Office, in which a former assistant claims that she was sexually assaulted by a trustee while on a taxpayer-funded trip to Las Vegas, according to WGNTV.

The victim claimed she started to feel “disoriented” and “extremely lightheaded” after having dinner with the unidentified trustee on the Vegas trip, according to WGNTV, which obtained a copy of the complaint.

Residents demand ‘Dolton Dictator’ Tiffany Henyard resign over sex assault, embezzlement scandals: ‘Worst mayor in America’​

A mob of furious Illinoisans demanded Monday that self-described “Super Mayor” Tiffany Henyard resign from her post as the “Dolton Dictator” battles simultaneous sexual assault and embezzlement scandals.

The Village of Dolton’s monthly board meeting descended into chaos as the swarm of 100 people banged on doors as dozens of others testified against Henyard, leading the four trustees to walk out.

“You know what you’re doing. You’re violating our rights, and that’s a shame,” one resident testified.

“This is a disgrace what you have done to this village … They say that you’re the worst mayor in America. I agree.”

Another added: “You’ve done nothing. You don’t care about nobody but yourself.”

The board had been scheduled to address Henyard’s veto of an investigation into her alleged misuse of taxpayer money for lavish trips and her own $1 million police detail — a decision it promised to override at Monday’s meeting.

Last month, she shot down a resolution passed unanimously by the four-person village board to open the probe, calling on her to submit the village’s financial records and invite the FBI to conduct its own investigation.

The meeting didn’t run beyond the public speaking portion of the agenda, however, after police emptied the room over what they said were credible threats.

Wondering where the people who voted her in are.
If you read the whole article, they are a big part of the people asking for her to resign.

Example:
One vocal community member who initially backed Henyard told The Post in February that “it was a vote I regret deeply.

“When she got into office, she just shut everyone out, and shut everyone out, and she went into the opposite direction. She became this tyrant and dictator,” said Sherry Britton, 55.

Dolton asks ex-Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to investigate ‘dictator’ Tiffany Henyard — for $400 an hour​

The village of Dolton, Illinois, is considering hiring former Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to investigate its own scandal-ridden leader, “dictator” Tiffany Henyard, as residents demand her resignation.

Lightfoot, who lost her reelection bid in a landslide last year, would be tasked with probing numerous allegations against the self-proclaimed “Super Mayor” — including misusing taxpayer funds for lavish trips and sexual assault accusations, Fox 32 reported.

Four Dolton Board of Trustees members have proposed appointing Lightfoot — for $400 per hour, according to the outlet — as additional legislative counsel because she is both a former mayor and former federal prosecutor.

“I hope she does a deep dive from a non-biased standpoint,” Henyard’s former chief of staff Nakita Cloud told The Post Friday evening.

The village board will vote on the resolution to hire Lightfoot Monday night during a special meeting.

“I think it’s a good thing for the residents of Dolton because former Mayor Lightfoot had experience as a mayor,” Cloud said. “She also has experience as a federal prosecutor, which means she is going to look at it with an eye that others may not.

“I hope she uncovers the truth about all the finances and what really happened in Las Vegas,” she added. “I believe the victim. I believe the alleged victim.”

"Vote for me for presimen- 'scuse me- mailer -'scuse me- major 'n' stuff. I'll be stand for every people and... work with the ficchzzzfllusshiv commoohnity and pass laws to create stuff and ice and everybody hates me... they black me juss 'cuz I'm hate... I'm'ma be best good major electron four or more hours."

iu

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Dolton’s ‘dictator’ Mayor Tiffany Henyard calls residents criticizing sex assault, embezzlement scandals a ‘s–tshow’ while using a golden microphone​

The embattled “dictator” mayor of a Chicago suburb came under fire after she called constituents demanding her resignation amid numerous scandals — including being accused of misusing taxpayer funds and sex assault — a “s–tshow” earlier this week.

“Everybody wanted to continue to be a s–tshow and not really show facts as it relates to what’s really going on in our township,” Tiffany Henyard told residents of Thornton Township, where she is the supervisor in addition to being the self-proclaimed “super mayor” of nearby Dolton, Ill., FOX News Digital reported.

“We’re here to help each other and not hurt each other. And it’s a shame that us — us, I’m talking to my black and brown communities — would sit here and fight,” she allegedly added, while holding a gold microphone, during the Tuesday night meeting.

“Guess what? I am the youth, I am the future, no matter what you think or may say,” she insisted amid more jeering from the room.

Dolton ‘super mayor’ Tiffany Henyard is target of FBI criminal probe, subpoenaed by feds​

Federal agents have launched a criminal probe into the embattled mayor of a Chicago suburb, Tiffany Henyard, issuing a subpoena to the self-proclaimed “super mayor” last week for a trove of business records and financial reports.

FBI agents served subpoenas to Henyard, who is both the mayor of Dolton and the Thorntown Township Supervisor, at the Thorntown Township Hall on Friday, Fox 32 Chicago reported.

The controversial leader has faced multiple accusations that she has misappropriated taxpayer money to cover her personal expenses including a police security detail as well as unnecessary, lavish travel.

'America's worst mayor' Tiffany Henyard furiously vetoes plan to have former Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot probe her finances​

An Illinois official dubbed 'America's Worst Mayor' by critics sparked outrage after vetoing plans to have former Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot investigate her finances.

Tiffany Henyard, 40, the Mayor of Dolton, erupted in a furious rant on Monday evening as she shot down the probe, telling her colleagues at a city council meeting: 'How dare you!'

The city council meeting was met with extra police security and protests over Henyard's recent controversies, and was the first since federal investigators served subpoenas on city hall.

The subpoenas are seeking documents from Henyard and Dolton Village Administrator Keith Freeman related to expenses reimbursements and trips allegedly paid for by the city.

After trustees voted to hire Lightfoot - a former prosecutor - for $400 an hour to investigate, Henyard rejected the move, telling the city council meeting: 'You know, it's veto power, so how dare you think you can come into someone’s town and do work.'

'There is a right way to do things, and this is just not that,' she said. '(Lightfoot) will not be paid for her services.'

Back