Patreon

Teen Zombie Actor Killed By Zombie Slayer Bus At Idaho Corn MazeBrittany Ruck Accused Of Separating Young Daughter's Scalp From Her SkullTristen Kurilla, 10, Charged As Adult After Beating Elderly Woman To DeathMan Arrested For Making Sweet, Sweet Love To Toy Horse At WalmartKonrad Peters Accused Of Throwing Dildos At Young GirlsTeen Accused Of Killing Mother And Raping Her Corpse Sentenced To Life In PrisonMom Gave Kid Away To Heroin User To Live Life Of Normal Teenager Boy, 9, Has Arm Ripped Off After Trying To Feed Bear At ZooGenoveva Nunez-Figueroa Charged After Getting Stuck In Chimney Of Man She Met OnlineBoy Scout Accidentally Hangs Self With Rope Used To Earn Badge For Knot Tying

Jan HardingSouth Jordan, UT — A 67-year-old woman is listed in critical condition after sipping a sweet tea laced with lye at a Dickey’s Barbecue Pit restaurant.

Jan Harding was dining at the restaurant with her husband on Sunday, when she poured a glass of tea from a self-serve dispenser. After one sip, she began gagging and spit the liquid out.

I said, what is wrong?” recalled Jim Harding. “She said, ‘I just drank acid.'”

Jan was rushed to a local hospital, where it was determined that the burns were severe enough to warrant a trip to a burn unit. She was airlifted to the University of Utah’s burn unit and remains in critical condition with injuries to her mouth, throat and esophagus.

Police have determined an employee mistakenly added Clean Force Fryer Cleaner,” which contains lye, to the tea instead of sugar. The employee responsible for making the tainted tea could face charges of battery. If Harding happens to die because of the severity of her injuries, a charge of criminally negligent homicide.

Fortunately, business was slow Sunday and there were no other injuries — police assume it was a fresh batch of tea and Harding was the first, and only, guest to try it. Health department officials said despite the situation, the restaurant was safe, and was allowed to remain open.

 

Tags: , , , , ,

Want to help keep Dreamin' Demon independent and uncensored? Here's how

Comments


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.

  • maeford

    How???? Seriously how does this happen? How are cleaning products and food products not labeled properly???? How does one make such a serious “mistake”?

  • Evan

    i like how she knew it was acid.

  • mean birch

    Poor ol g·Ma. Sue.

  • King A sshole

    I use lye to make soap and dynamite. Remember, with enough soap, you can blow up anything.

  • nay88

    that is scary! those two things should be nowhere near each other.!

  • alohafuckers

    Mormon super powers

  • VeronicaMarie

    Except that it wasn’t. It’s a base.

  • Davemthree22

    This is horrifying. For some reason, mouth-related injuries and trauma give me the heebie-jeebies.

  • Evan

    look at the big brain on veronnnnnicaaaaaa!

  • Peggy Storer

    How in the hell did she know it was acid?! Im surprised she was actually able to speak right afterward. Poor woman.. that could’ve been anyone!!

  • Chinchillazilla

    The sensation of something dissolving your esophagus is probably an easily identifiable one.

  • Lena60

    Probably can’t read, or read English.

  • Davemthree22
  • Flomox

    someone who clearly deserves $15.00 an hour.

  • http://batman-news.com Stanley_Ipkiss

    Can we be sure this was an accident even? Maybe dude just didnt realise how badly his “prank” would go.

  • Mr.CustodialArts

    “I just drank acid” is right up there with “My wife got gang raped in the parking lot of a Toby Keith concert” and “My boss caught me jerking off at work” as far as things I hope to never have to say.

  • Lena60

    So sad, poor old woman.

  • jansav

    I say bullshit on getting the cleaner mixed up with sugar, how is that even possible? they don’t even look the same. this is why I refuse to dine out any more, you never know what kind of frkn morons are servin’ up the vittles.

  • Sejanus

    No way it was accidental.

  • Davemthree22

    She’s speaking (whispering), walking on her own and breathing without a tube now! I thought for sure her vocal cords would’ve been completely destroyed from the way they described the injuries. Glad to see I’m wrong.
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-improves-drinking-chemical-laced-tea-192011030.html

  • Defafan

    Make sure you use that stuff in the Middle East first, thanks.

  • Jessie

    I refuse to dine out because it costs too damn much and I’m a cheap beeotch.

  • King A sshole

    I’m going to use it on credit card companies and social media headquarters, I’m not going to kill anyone, instead I’m going set everyone free… “It’s only after we’ve lost everything, that we’re free to do anything.”

  • letinstar

    OMG!….

  • thebossessecretary

    Cooking your own food is the ONLY way to make sure no one has screwed with it.

  • jansav

    I don’t know…sometimes I don’t even trust myself.

  • Buffettgirl

    The newscaster described it as a substance that looks very much like sugar.

  • Ursula Pine

    well at least this lady is getting better according to this link, it appears according to this story that it was not an employee’s mistaking cleaner for sugar but that indeed the sugar container had been contaminated with something – here >> http://news.yahoo.com/family-woman-drank-toxic-tea-set-talk-144147275.html

  • Rosamond Marie Yarborough

    I’m glad she’s getting better

  • Davemthree22
  • Delirious Devil

    This is exactly why I don’t swallow right away when I get a drink from somewhere. I take a tiny tiny sip and hold it in my mouth for a while to see if it is going to kill me.