SHELDON, TX — A 26-year-old man has died at his workplace after he was pulled into an industrial tire shredder.

Byron Jones had only been working at Genan, Inc., a tire recycling facility, for four days when he somehow got caught in a tire shredder and couldn’t free himself free.

His body, or what was left of it, wasn’t discovered until after his co-workers had reported him missing.

Investigators with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) were at the plant over the weekend. They, along with the Harris County Sheriff’s Office, are investigating the incident.

They weren’t the only ones looking for answers. Andrew Seerden, the attorney for Jones’ family, is planning suing Genan, Inc. — reportedly the largest tire recycling facility in the world.

“We are currently investigating the incident and expect to file a lawsuit in order to hold all negligent and grossly negligent parties fully accountable for this tragedy,” said Seerden.

Paul Francis, an attorney representing Genan, Inc., wisely declined to comment.

We will now add “falling into an industrial tire shredder” to our ever-growing list of horrific ways people have died on the job.…

JACKSONVILLE, FL – A Florida man was killed last week after he got tangled up in the machinery of the street sweeper he was operating.

The accident happened early Saturday morning in a McDonald’s parking lot when 49-year-old Robert Shiver apparently tried getting something out from under his sweeper.

A couple at the shopping center said they heard Shiver screaming for help and found Shiver partially stuck inside the sweeper’s vacuum system.

There was nothing that could be done for Shiver at the point because, according to the report, he was already dead.

Police are trying to figure out exactly how the accident happened, and hope that nearby surveillance cameras may help.

“Businesses in the area have some surveillance,” Sgt. Mark Musser of the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office said, “We’ll be reviewing that to see exactly what occurred. No foul play, it just appears to be a terrible accident at this point.”

The company that owns the sweeper, Countryside Power Sweeping, has declined to comment on Shiver’s death.

A GoFundMe account has been created to help the family pay for Shiver’s funeral.…

RUSSIA – A mother of two died while working at a confectionery plant after she fell into a vat of molten chocolate and was “minced” by the in the metal machinery.

According to reports, 24-year-old Svetlana Roslina was either pouring ingredients into the vat of molten chocolate when she fell in, or was trying to retrieve a dropped cell phone.

Either way, Roslina ended up falling inside the vat and was unable to get out. The poor woman ended up caught in the machinery inside the vat that keeps the chocolate agitated. The result was a very violent death.

“She was minced, only her legs were left,” said one local source at the Sergiev-Posad confectionery plant.

Police are currently investigating the accident.

Roslina isn’t the only person we’ve reported on who died after falling into a vat of chocolate. Back in 2009, Vincent Smith II died after he fell into a vat of chocolate and was pinned down by a giant paddle-like agitator.

So now we will add a second “drowned in chocolate” on our list of horrible ways people have died at work.…

plastic-recyclingINDIANAPOLIS, IN – A worker inside an Indiana recycling plant met a grisly fate after a machine that compresses and melts plastics turned on while he was inside the machine working on it.

According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, 31-year-old Michael Burris was working inside a machine at the Plastic Recycling Inc. early Thursday morning.

Burris was trying to unclog the machine, which grinds plastic bottles and other waste into pellets, when it turned back on with him inside it.

When medics and police arrived at the facility, Burris was found lying face down on the ground. He was pronounced dead at the scene from blunt force injuries to his head, body and extremities.

His death has been ruled an accident. The facility has been in operation since 1988 and has no history of safety inspections, violations or safety orders.

RIP, Burris. One can only hope your death was a quick one.

We will now add “ground into pellets by a recycling machine” to our long list of workplace deaths that include drowning in vat of molasses, suffocating inside a cryochamber, being cooked inside an industrial tuna steamer, drowning in cow shitpinto beans or chocolate, being chewed up inside meat grinders, getting stuck inside industrial dryers, flattened by paper rolling machines, and dying from exploding beer kegs, and multiple instances of being pulled into a wood chipper.

 – Police arrested a woman after she admitted to making her co-workers sick by pouring cleaning chemicals into the office coffee machine.

Mayda Rivera-Juarez, 32, worked the front desk at JAS Forwarding Worldwide, a small shipping company with around eight employees.

Police say that over the course of several weeks, Rivera-Juarez poured cleaning fluid into the office’s Keurig coffee machine.

Co-workers would report falling ill over this period of time, including experiencing severe digestive problems and diarrhea.

“The employees at this place had been getting sick, didn’t quite know what was going on,” said Loudoun County Sheriff Mike Chapman. “When [Rivera-Juarez] was coming in to get terminated, some of this came to light.”

No word on exactly why Rivera-Juarez wanted her coworkers to feel like they just visited Starbuck’s, but her fellow employees described her as a disgruntled employee who didn’t see ‘eye-to-eye’ with her coworkers.

Rivera-Juarez was arrested on Monday and charged with felony assault. She is being held at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center with no bond.…

Robert HerweyerSAUGATUCK, MI – Authorities say a medical episode or fumes may have contributed to the death of 23-year-old Robert Herweyer who drowned in a vat of molasses last week.

On July 26, Herweyer and a co-worker were pumping molasses out of a 12-foot plastic vat at the Agri-Science Technology Company.

When the molasses got to about two feet deep, Herweyer put on a safety mask and used straps attached to a forklift to climb down into the tank to adjust a valve.

According to the co-worker, when Herweyer grabbed the straps to climb back out, he didn’t move and would not respond to him asking if he was ok.

When the co-worker found he was unable to life Herweyer out of the tank with the straps, he ran to their boss’ office for help.

Their boss, David Alexander, used an electric saw to cut the tank open and pull Herweyer out of the vat and start performing CPR. But it was too late.

Reports say that Herweyer was on his back in the tank and his safety mask was barely visible.…

Carmen 'Jackie' LindhardtSALT LAKE, UT – A 45-year-old employee at a Reams Food Store was killed yesterday morning after she was pulled into an industrial mixer.

Investigators say Carmen “Jackie” Lindhardt was using an industrial-sized bakery mixing machine inside the store when she was “caught up in the machinery, the augers,” said Sandy Police Sgt. Dean Carriger.

“It was possibly some loose clothing, or she might have reached into the machine for an unknown reason and gotten caught,” said Carriger. “We’re trying to determine the exact cause at this point.”

Regardless of how she was pulled into the machine, a co-worker heard her screams and immediately shut off the mixer. Unfortunately, it was too late for Lindhardt and the mother of one was pronounced dead at the scene.

We have reported on a slew of horrific ways people have died while doing their job, including getting pulled into a wood chipper; suffocating inside a cryochamber; cooked inside an industrial tuna steamer; drowning in cow shitpinto beans or chocolate; being chewed up inside meat grinders; getting stuck inside industrial dryers; flattened by paper rolling machines; and dying from exploding beer kegs.…

Mason CoxGASTONIA, NC – It’s been a while since we have had someone die in such a horrible fashion, but 19-year-old Mason Cox got pulled into a wood chipper over the weekend.

It was the teen’s first day working with Crawford Tree Service and he was helping was cut down trees in a yard.

Reports say he may have been trying to kick a tree limb into the wood chipper when he somehow got pulled into the machine.

“The limb must have grabbed a piece of his clothing and took him into the chipper,” said business owner Jon Crawford.

When first responders arrived at the scene, Cox was found dead inside the wood chipper. The teen’s mother said she isn’t angry with Crawford, but questions if her son was being supervised since he had little experience in tree removal.

“It was his first day on this job,” Debra Sisk said.

Crawford said Cox wasn’t performing any tasks too difficult for a beginner and was working side by side with two experienced employees.…


  • The Pulpit of Doom Podcast





  • Recent Comments

  • Prophets of Doom

    Be sure to pick up the DD crApp for Android. Coming to iTunes soon.