• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

BostonBurns

Insufferable Bastard
Bold Member!
I must admit the first BK ad made me want a blowjob more than their disgusting sandwich ;)

http://fox61.com/2016/01/27/after-t...-new-mission-to-fight-female-objectification/

NEW YORK — Advertising has a long history of objectifying women. Now, one powerful female ad exec is fighting back.

Madonna Badger’s new campaign, #WomenNotObjects, is making big some waves.

It started when Badger, who heads up the advertising firm Badger & Winters, anonymously released a video on YouTube on January 11. The video begins with the results of simple Google search: “Objectification of women.”
The results turned up ads with troubling portrayals of women. The clip, which is two-and-a-half-minutes, features women critiquing the ads by mocking what the images are suggesting.

“I love sacrificing my dignity for a drink,” said one woman with a Skyy Vodka ad. It featured a man — holding martini glasses and a Skyy bottle — straddling a sunbathing woman, her cleavage being the focal point.

“I love sleeping with guys that don’t know my name,” said another woman in a Post-It ad. The ad portrayed a couple in bed — the woman had a Post-It on her forehead with her name, Jade.

“I’d sell my body for a burger,” and “Nothing makes me hotter than watching a guy get his head blown off” are just a few of the other captions read aloud during the video.

Badger has had a successful career in advertising. She created the Mark Wahlberg and Kate Moss Calvin Klein campaigns before founding her own agency in 1994. After losing her three daughters and parents in a house fire on Christmas Day in 2011, she temporarily stepped away from advertising. But she found her way back, with a new mission.
Badger said her agency has decided to no longer use women as a prop, “where she has no choice, no voice.”

“We will never over-retouch to the point that it is unattainable human perfection, and we’re not going to use her body parts,” she told Lauer.

Here's my belief.

Woman can't expect a man to pay for the dates and then scream because he drools over her tits. The reason he pays is because she has the tits. That same man isn't going to meet his buddy for lunch/drink etc and pay.

I have been single most of my adult life. I never once accepted a date expecting the man to pay. If I couldn't afford to pay for myself then I asked for a later date after payday. When the bill arrives I announce "dutch treat" and get my money out.
I already know how much my meal costs because I ordered it.
If the man was insulted and insisted on paying, I would give him another chance to not pay by saying "are you sure, you don't have to pay just because you're a man." Most of the time, the guy would insist on paying. I'm fine with that.
If we went out on more dates, (unless he was flush with money) I would insist on paying once in a while. If we started seriously dating, I would not pay because then the dates would eventually shift to him coming to my place for dinner. I supplied the food and the preparation. when the relationship turns to him eating at my place most nights, I ask him to pick up the grocery bill once in a while. NEVER would I ask him to buy things that didn't pertain to dinner/breakfast or snacks that he didn't enjoy. In other words, I would not ask him to pick up laundry soap or lunch meat for my kids or a bag of dog food.

Its simply not fair for a guy to be expected to buy because he is a guy.

100 years ago when women stayed at home with their parents until they got married and had no income at all then yes. But not now. In this day and age women are working and making as much and sometimes more than the guy.

A guy could go broke having a lot of *first dates* then factor in the little princess that can't stand the guy but agrees to go out just to get a free meal. I have never done that in my life.

But this, I will admit to, When my boys were little and I was really poor, 2 days a week I would go out to buy lunch at 2 specific places. I learned that after paying for my food I could step just to the right of the cash register to stand and wait for my food. The kitchen guys would look out and I would make sexy eyes and smile. Every single time the cook would stuff my to go container so full it wouldn't latch shut. That would feed me lunch and my boys dinner (when they were little) and me lunch again. (so call me a food slut if you want to but I never sucked cock to eat.)

Last edited:
This is what's difficult about the age we're living in. Things are beginning to equalize, but they aren't quite equal yet, so there are these arbitrary levels of afterglow from a time passed that we're caught trying to observe.

As a millennial female in a professional, male-dominated environment, do you have any idea how complicated simply walking through a doorway has become? Each generation seems to have their own standard for this particular interaction. It actually takes some element of conscious thought to anticipate and respond gracefully depending on the age of the fucking male you're walking toward a door with.

In short: These chivalrous hold-overs and the various other delicate nuances of inter-gender interaction... It's not fun for anyone.

That said, will we ever truly be rid of it? For all of humanity, physical appearance has been a primary factor in the male selection of women. Conversely, ability to provide has been a primary factor in the female selection of men. Will that ever not be the case? Because, unless we can truly equalize that part of it, I believe we will always have disproportionate objectification of women. Likewise, though, it's not women offing themselves because they don't make enough money. Both sexes deal with their burdens.

That doesn't mean either sex should have to deal to the degree that they do in this country. We can dial it back on both sides of the equation. I think women are doing their part by trying to close the wage gap and pursuing more education (and, theoretically, more lucrative careers). Lots of men have jumped on the women's rights bandwagon and will actively advocate against domestic violence, rape culture and objectification.

It's just going to be gross for a while, y'all, 'til we work out the bugs of a modern era.

My views on this are not that popular. But I'm going to add a little bit of them in here.

Let people be nice. If they hold the door, say thank you. (I'm a woman and I hold doors.) If they offer to pay, you offer to pay. If they are insistent, say thank you and then treat them later. Have manners, be gracious. And please know that it costs you nothing to be nice, or to let someone be nice to you. However, power is like being a lady. If you have to go out of your way to prove that you have power, or that you are a lady, you don't have power, and you are not a lady.

The models who got paid for the above ads probably didn't mind being objectified, for the most part. I'm sure their paycheck made them feel all better if they had any qualms.

That said, there are heinous people out there who objectify women, just like there are heinous people out there objectifying men. And if someone is made uncomfortable by an individual's bad behavior, that should stop. But we've all done it. We're all guilty of seeing someone hot and all we saw was "hot" and not a person. It's human nature to look, but you can at least behave and keep your comments to yourself. Having manners would solve a lot of problems.

My views on this are not that popular. But I'm going to add a little bit of them in here.

Let people be nice. If they hold the door, say thank you. (I'm a woman and I hold doors.) If they offer to pay, you offer to pay. If they are insistent, say thank you and then treat them later. Have manners, be gracious. And please know that it costs you nothing to be nice, or to let someone be nice to you. However, power is like being a lady. If you have to go out of your way to prove that you have power, or that you are a lady, you don't have power, and you are not a lady.

The models who got paid for the above ads probably didn't mind being objectified, for the most part. I'm sure their paycheck made them feel all better if they had any qualms.

That said, there are heinous people out there who objectify women, just like there are heinous people out there objectifying men. And if someone is made uncomfortable by an individual's bad behavior, that should stop. But we've all done it. We're all guilty of seeing someone hot and all we saw was "hot" and not a person. It's human nature to look, but you can at least behave and keep your comments to yourself. Having manners would solve a lot of problems.

aplausos.gif

Back