• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1666318537788.png

A woman in Washington state escaped a harrowing near-deadly ordeal after her estranged husband allegedly buried her alive.

Thurston County deputies responded to a home on Tuesday at around 1 a.m., where the 42-year-old woman pounded on the residents' door asking for help as her husband "was trying to kill her," according to a news release from Lacey Police Department (LPD).

The woman, who was transported to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, allegedly told LPD detectives that her husband had kidnapped her from her home and driven her into the woods, where he stabbed her and buried her alive.

"After being put into the ground she could hear her husband walking around the hole and dirt being put on top of her," according to a declaration of probable cause filed Wednesday in Thurston County Superior Court, according to NBC News.

According to the document obtained by the outlet, the woman believes she was in the grave for hours and survived by wiggling her face around to create some air pockets.

After waiting for it to get dark, she struggled free to escape, she walked for 20 to 30 minutes until finding help.

"She had duct tape still wrapped around her neck, lower face and ankles," the declaration read, according to the outlet. "There was extensive bruising to her legs, arms and head and her clothing and hair were covered in dirt."

According to LPD's release, the woman's husband Chae Kyong An was arrested several hours after her rescue without incident, when a hiker spotted his 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan on a trail nearby.

The 53-year-old is charged with first-degree assault/domestic violence, kidnapping/domestic violence and attempted murder, according to Thurston County Correction Facility's inmate database. He is being held without bail.

LPD said in the department's release that officers previously responded to a call from the woman's home on Monday afternoon, during which dispatch could hear "muffled screaming and sounds of a struggle."

Upon their arrival, officers did not locate anyone but found the garage door open and duct tape in the home, which they believed was used on the victim, according to the LPD release. A neighbor also provided surveillance footage that allegedly shows Chae pulling his van into the garage and briefly closing the door before behind him and leaving again just before the police arrived.

Shortly after, the woman's children returned home, where they said both of their parents were before the kids left for the store about an hour prior, the LPD said.

Officials subsequently issued an Endangered Missing Persons Alert for the woman, who had a domestic violence protection order against Chae.

Good for her that she survived the ordeal and sought help.

But, if she really wanted to give this gross soon-to-be-ex-husband a good scare, she should have gone to his house, with all the duct tape and anything else still adorned upon her; used furious wind to open the nearby doors and windows; and walked slowly toward him while saying,

"Oh, you're surprised to see me after our dirty little gallivant, aren't you? But you left me very disappointed, because I was not done playing with you just yet. As a matter of fact, I'm only getting started."

iu

Weird that you chose that image Thuumpr because dude looks just like the actor from that show hawaii5-0.

For a brief moment when this was first posted I thought it was him but with his head shaved.

Weird that you chose that image Thuumpr because dude looks just like the actor from that show hawaii5-0.

For a brief moment when this was first posted I thought it was him but with his head shaved.
I think you've credited me with the picture from People...

A Washington State man who buried his estranged wife alive before she miraculously escaped will spend more than 13 years in prison for the 2022 crime, a judge has ruled.
Chae Kyong An, 54, was sentenced on Monday to 165 months in prison and three years of community custody, Thurston County, Wash., authorities told FOX 13 Seattle.

The sentencing comes a month after he pleaded guilty to second-degree attempted murder, KING 5 and The Olympian reported.
During Monday's hearing, An said he regrets the attack.

"I wish that I could go back and never enter that house that day and walk away," An said, according to KING 5.
The victim says her life has been forever altered as a result of the attack.

"After that day, I and my children's life was crushed," she said in her statement, per KING 5. "I have to live my life with emotional trauma and health issues for the rest of my life."

Back