• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
New Haven police are investigating after an 8-month-old girl was found abandoned alive in a dumpster outside of a Newhallville apartment building on Monday afternoon.

According to New Haven PD, the baby was transported to Yale-New Haven Children’s hospital. According to a News 8 crew on the scene, the child is suffering from severe burns on both hands.

Police also recovered a pink infant car seat from the dumpster.

New Haven officers have located the child’s mother.

Police say that at around 2 p.m., officers responded after a maintenance worker found a baby inside of a dumpster there.

Police say the child’s mother has been located and is set to be interviewed at New Haven Police headquarters.

Criminal charges are pending against a 24-year-old Hamden woman for the abandonment of the infant. The woman, who is not the child’s mother, is being detained at New Haven Police headquarters.

Police say detectives have determined the Hamden woman put the baby in the dumpster, but they have not yet determined who is responsible for the child’s injuries.

1602564562279.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Babysitter or Lover?

The eight-month-old is being treated for burns to both hands and remains in the hospital, police said.

One of the maintenance workers who found her said the child was shivering when he took her from the dumpster.

"Beautiful baby. From the looks if her -- I have a baby of my own -- I can tell someone took care of her and loved her," Rick Chardon said. "She looked very healthy. Very healthy baby. She just has been through a lot of trauma however long this took."

Police said they have located the girl's mother and are in contact with her.

Babysitter or Lover?

The eight-month-old is being treated for burns to both hands and remains in the hospital, police said.

One of the maintenance workers who found her said the child was shivering when he took her from the dumpster.

"Beautiful baby. From the looks if her -- I have a baby of my own -- I can tell someone took care of her and loved her," Rick Chardon said. "She looked very healthy. Very healthy baby. She just has been through a lot of trauma however long this took."

Police said they have located the girl's mother and are in contact with her.
Maybe Bio dad’s current gf?

1602615074062.png

A 24-year-old Connecticut woman has been arrested after an 8-month-old girl was found abandoned alive in a dumpster outside of an apartment building Monday afternoon.

The baby was transported to Yale New Haven Children’s hospital suffering from severe burns on both hands but is in stable condition. Police also recovered a pink infant car seat from the dumpster.

Around 2 p.m., officers responded to the Presidential Gardens apartment complex in Newhallville, Connecticut, after a maintenance worker found the baby.

The child’s mother was located and interviewed by police.

Andiana Velez, whom police believe to be the child’s babysitter, was arrested on allegations she assaulted the 21-year-old mother earlier in the day.

She was charged with risk of injury to a child, assault second degree and reckless endangerment first degree.

Detectives say Velez put the baby in the dumpster, but they have not yet determined who is responsible for the child’s injuries. Police and the state Department of Children and Families (DCF) are continuing to investigate.

Velez is being held in lieu of $250,000 bail.

. Andiana Velez, whom police believe to be the child’s babysitter, was arrested on allegations she assaulted the 21-year-old mother earlier in the day.
After reading this, I'm going with she is the bio dad's gf or a guardian.

If it turns out she is a guardian meaning she was a better choice then the actual mother, the baby needs to be adopted to an unrelated person.

so she assaulted the 21 year old mother of the baby earlier in the day. Why was the baby still with her? she was just the baby sitter? Why did she assault the mother? Did the mother burn the baby so she beat the mother up but then why throw the baby in the dumpster? Did the baby sitter burn the baby Mom got pissed got into a fight and got beat up but then why was the baby still with her. to many questions

so she assaulted the 21 year old mother of the baby earlier in the day. Why was the baby still with her? she was just the baby sitter? Why did she assault the mother? Did the mother burn the baby so she beat the mother up but then why throw the baby in the dumpster? Did the baby sitter burn the baby Mom got pissed got into a fight and got beat up but then why was the baby still with her. to many questions
I'm thinking she is the dad's gf.

Probably burned the baby because she was pissed off at the mom. Then threw her in the trash.

She probably put the baby in the varseat without strapping her in, and the baby scooted out.
Thats what i think. Plus i think she was hiding rhe baby from her girlfriend, the mom.
Post automatically merged:

She probably put the baby in the varseat without strapping her in, and the baby scooted out.
Thats what i think. Plus i think she was hiding rhe baby from her girlfriend, the mom.
*carseat.

I keep thinking about this.

. Andiana Velez, whom police believe to be the child’s babysitter, was arrested on allegations she assaulted the 21-year-old mother earlier in the day.

If she was arrested earlier in the day for assaulting the child's mother, how did she get the baby? Did Mom willingly leave the baby with her?
I'm questioning the moms actions.
Who leaves their child with someone that just got charged with assaulting you?

I keep thinking about this.

If she was arrested earlier in the day for assaulting the child's mother, how did she get the baby? Did Mom willingly leave the baby with her?
I'm questioning the moms actions.
Who leaves their child with someone that just got charged with assaulting you?
I don’t think so I think there was a fight earlier in the day hence hence theI don’t think so I think there was a fight earlier in the day hence the charges. She wasn’t arrested for it until after the baby was found.

An 8-month-old baby is recovering from being left in a dumpster in New Haven by a woman who police say was the child's babysitter.

They identified the woman as 24-year-old Andiana Griciel Velez of Hamden.
Velez was charged with risk of injury to a child, second-degree assault and first-degree reckless endangerment.
Police said the 8-month-old baby girl was found alive and alert. Maintenance workers said she had some burn injuries on her hands.

"Basically coming out of shock, you can tell she was freezing, freezing in that trash can," said Rick Chardon, an eyewitness.
Velez is being held on $500,000 bond and is due back in court on Oct. 30.
New Haven police also said Velez stabbed the child’s mother, identified only as a 21-year-old woman, earlier that day.
In an update Tuesday morning, police added that authorities “have not yet determined who is responsible for the infant’s burn injuries.” Velez told investigators that the child’s mother burned the baby, according to WTNH.
Update: It turns out the arrested woman was the girl’s baby sitter, according to Duff. Duff added in a release issued Tuesday morning that the babysitter had assaulted the baby’s 21-year-old mother prior to dumping the baby in the dumpster.

Police have charged the babysitter with risk of injury to a child, second-degree assault, and first-degree reckless endangerment. She was being held on $250,000 bond prior to a scheduled Tuesday arraignment in Superior Court.

“New Haven Police and the state Department of Children and Families (DCF) are continuing to investigate the cause of the child’s injuries. Investigators have not yet determined who is responsible for the infant’s burn injuries,” Duff wrote.

Last edited:
This makes no sense at all. My guess is the babysitter burned the baby, freaked out, then stabbed the mom, then dumped the baby in the trash. That’s also what I want to believe. That way the baby only has one evil person to find out about when she grows up.

And that red puff of hair makes the babysitter’s head look like a mushroom cloud.

Back