• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1692994640393.png
1692994677395.png

1692994659002.png

Boston police announced the arrest of a woman who was wanted on animal cruelty charges in relation to what MSPCA-Angell officials described as the “worst case of intentional starvation they have ever seen.”
1692994728701.png

Lakeida Burris, 37, of Roxbury was charged in Roxbury District Court on Thursday with two counts of animal cruelty, said Suffolk District Attorney Kevin Hayden.

Jobee, a 3-year-old Pit Bull mix, who MSPCA said is lucky to be alive, and another dog Remy were spotted by Boston Police on July 4 when officers were called to Burris’s home on an unrelated matter.

Shortly after the officers responded to the home, Burris abandoned Jobee alongside a dumpster near her home. Both Jobee and Remy were later recovered by the MSPCA.

When Jobee arrived at the MSPCA, he weighed 24.5 pounds, which is about half of his healthy body weight.

“In my nearly three decades in animal welfare, I’ve never seen a dog so starved who was still alive,” said Director Mike Keiley. “[Jobee] was days—if not hours—away from death, so it’s nothing short of a miracle that he is still with us.”

Jobee suffered open wounds he suffered because of lost circulation to his extremities, and his tail had to be partially amputated due to necrosis.

The MSPCA said Jobee is closer to a healthy weight but still needs time before he will be ready to find his loving new home.

1692994595438.png
1692994935680.png

1692994951137.png

Attachments

• 1692994628319.png
    1692994628319.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
That baby deserves so much better! He would be spoiled rotten at my house! My husband cooks special dog food recipes with meat, rice, vegetables and spices like turmeric for our Newfoundland. He sees kibble as processed food that should be served in smaller doses. I don't blame him.

That baby deserves so much better! He would be spoiled rotten at my house! My husband cooks special dog food recipes with meat, rice, vegetables and spices like turmeric for our Newfoundland. He sees kibble as processed food that should be served in smaller doses. I don't blame him.
i also cook my dog their own "stew" as does my adult children for their own pets and our vets tells us how happy and healthy our pets are.... just a little work goes a long way and yea is much healthier and cheaper in the long run as most "wet" dog food ...

i also cook my dog their own "stew" as does my adult children for their own pets and our vets tells us how happy and healthy our pets are.... just a little work goes a long way and yea is much healthier and cheaper in the long run as most "wet" dog food ...
Have you recently seen the prices for bags of kibble? If we are going to spend that kind of money to feed our dog, it might as well be fresh, natural homemade food.

Back