• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A babysitter allegedly taught three children how to snort drugs before they were found unconscious in her home, Indiana police said.

An Evansville mother reportedly arrived at her babysitter’s house to pick her kids up on June 28 and found her seated on the front porch, seemingly impaired, according to a news release from local police.

The mother entered the house and called out her kids’ names but was met with silence.

Worried, she ran further into the home and found her three children — aged 8, 9 and 15 — unconscious.

Officers were dispatched to the scene after she called 911 and, upon arrival, began providing medical assistance to the children.

The two younger children regained consciousness at the home, although they were “stumbling and falling down,” police said.

The 15-year-old, who was found next to broken pill capsules and a powdery substance, remained unconscious, but later awoke after being taken to a hospital.

The children told officers that the babysitter handed them pills and taught them how to break and snort them, according to investigators.

“The children also told detectives that they each ingested about 3-4 pills each of the three different types of pills,” police said.

After obtaining a search warrant, detectives searched the babysitter’s home and found prescription bottles for Klonopin, Adderall and Lyrica, along with loose pills. All of the bottles of the controlled substances had been prescribed to people other than the babysitter.

While slurring her words, the babysitter told police that she was not sure what happened, but said it was possible the children had gotten access to her drugs.

She has been charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury among other charges, police said.

I'd love to take a peek at the mugshot to see what this fine upstanding babysitter looked like before this lady dropped off her kids. Also, a babysitter for a 15 year old? A 15 year old so fucking dumb/immature they didnt know to stop their little siblings from snorting pills?

This story leaves a lot of missing info.

I'd love to take a peek at the mugshot to see what this fine upstanding babysitter looked like before this lady dropped off her kids. Also, a babysitter for a 15 year old? A 15 year old so fucking dumb/immature they didnt know to stop their little siblings from snorting pills?

This story leaves a lot of missing info.
Most adults need babysitters nowadays!

When I was a babysitter I used raid the snack drawer and let the kids stay up if they braided my hair. Never once got fired or had the cops called on me.
Post automatically merged:

As for the 15 year old needing a sitter they could’ve had an intellectual or cognitive disability. My neighbor hires sitters for her 14 year old and 12 year old twins because they can’t be left alone without killing each other or destroying the house.

Last edited:
When I was a babysitter I used raid the snack drawer and let the kids stay up if they braided my hair. Never once got fired or had the cops called on me.
Post automatically merged:

As for the 15 year old needing a sitter they could’ve had an intellectual or cognitive disability. My neighbor hires sitters for her 14 year old and 12 year old twins because they can’t be left alone without killing each other or destroying the house.
Cull there herd.

1688218846451.png

On Wednesday, it was reported that 24-year-old Deana Byrd “offered” the children – aged 15, eight, and nine – pills and showed them how to snort lines using a “rolled up Ramen noodle cup lid”.
After obtaining a search warrant, detectives searched the babysitter’s home and found prescription bottles for Klonopin, Adderall and Lyrica, along with loose pills. All of the bottles of the controlled substances had been prescribed to people other than the babysitter.

Ms Byrd denied the allegations during an interview with police officers, and said she was watching TV and talking to the children from 8.30pm on Tuesday night until 11am the following morning.
“Byrd said the eight-year-old, who she calls ‘a**hole’, woke up a couple of times to talk to her,” according to the affidavit.

She admitted it was possible the 15-year-old had found her pills. All the controlled substances had been prescribed to people other than Ms Byrd.
She has been charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury among other charges, police said.

When I was a boy, 15 was a grown woman, smoking cigarettes, babysitting me and my three younger brothers, while parents had a restaurant/movie marriage renewal-break.

Now that I think of it, when I was 13, I babysat my younger bros, or even some of my parents' friends' kids, and I had a bicycle/sled paper route. At 13, babysitting, I even bottle-fed one of my parents' friends' babies . . . who's still alive, in his late fifties.

Western Civ is gasping its last.

“Each new generation born is in effect an invasion of civilization by little barbarians, who must be civilized before it is too late.”
― Thomas Sowell, A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles

"Adolescence is a relatively recent thing in human history -- a period of years between the constraints of childhood and the responsibilities of adulthood. This irresponsible period of adolescence is artificially extended by long years of education, much of it wasted on frivolities. Tenure extends adolescence even further for teachers and professors." ~ Thomas Sowell

According to Dr. Robert Epstein, adolescence is an artificial construct of recent vintage, unknown in earlier times or indeed in many parts of the world today. The creation of this category, and the assumptions that inform it (by state and society alike) have harmed young people, he argues, and are responsible for the anxiety and angst we associate with the teenage years. These problems are not evident in cultures that lack this category. We explore Dr. Epstein’s thesis and book in today’s episode.

Read the original article at TomWoods.com. http://tomwoods.com/ep-1050-how-state-and-society-invented-adolescence-and-screwed-up-young-people/

My dad was on it ,he drank heavily and snorted coke/heroin(he stopped the street drugs and went to prescription drugs in his early 40s) he took lyrica and said he felt fucked up so if it’ll fuck up a lifelong addict it’s got to be good.It could be different with other people though.
He died of heart failure at 57. He also abused his prescription drugs too.If it said take 2 he’d take 5, he was a big man well over 6ft so that was his reasoning for taking more than prescribed.

When I was a boy, 15 was a grown woman, smoking cigarettes, babysitting me and my three younger brothers, while parents had a restaurant/movie marriage renewal-break.

Now that I think of it, when I was 13, I babysat my younger bros, or even some of my parents' friends' kids, and I had a bicycle/sled paper route. At 13, babysitting, I even bottle-fed one of my parents' friends' babies . . . who's still alive, in his late fifties.

Western Civ is gasping its last.

“Each new generation born is in effect an invasion of civilization by little barbarians, who must be civilized before it is too late.”
― Thomas Sowell, A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles

"Adolescence is a relatively recent thing in human history -- a period of years between the constraints of childhood and the responsibilities of adulthood. This irresponsible period of adolescence is artificially extended by long years of education, much of it wasted on frivolities. Tenure extends adolescence even further for teachers and professors." ~ Thomas Sowell

According to Dr. Robert Epstein, adolescence is an artificial construct of recent vintage, unknown in earlier times or indeed in many parts of the world today. The creation of this category, and the assumptions that inform it (by state and society alike) have harmed young people, he argues, and are responsible for the anxiety and angst we associate with the teenage years. These problems are not evident in cultures that lack this category. We explore Dr. Epstein’s thesis and book in today’s episode.

Read the original article at TomWoods.com. http://tomwoods.com/ep-1050-how-state-and-society-invented-adolescence-and-screwed-up-young-people/

I agree. In my short time on this earth I've seen the adolescence period extended from about 12 to 16 all the way up into the mid 20's now it's close to being as far as the 30's.

I was expected to be and act like an adult when I was about 12, keeping the house clean, cooking dinner and watching my siblings all day everyday when my parents weren't home and expected to do it not just sit in my shared room reading a book.

And before anybody gets their panties in a wad over what I've said, I don't necessarily think turning 12 into adults is a good thing, but giving them responsibilities and expect that they do it, is not a bad thing.

He died of heart failure at 57. He also abused his prescription drugs too.If it said take 2 he’d take 5, he was a big man well over 6ft so that was his reasoning for taking more than prescribed.
I’m sorry to have been so whiny. I didn’t mean to be so obnoxious and crybaby about shit. Was feeling bad about myself I should’ve been quiet I do apologize.

Back