• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An Illinois man is charged with murder after allegedly fatally shooting his girlfriend while driving. He claimed he acted in self defense.

Early Friday morning, 50-year-old John H. Breseman called police to report a shooting, according to the Daily Herald. Upon arrival, authorities found Breseman's girlfriend, 54-year-old Christina Czuj, suffering from gunshot wounds to the back of her head and near her collarbone.

Fifteen minutes later, she was pronounced dead, according to authorities, the Chicago Sun Times reports.

Assistant Cook County State's Attorney Margaret Johnson said during a bond hearing Sunday that Breseman claimed he had killed Czuj in self defense, telling his son in a phone call he made before calling police that she had attacked him while he was driving, the Herald reports. He later admitted to police that he killed Czuj while he was on the exit ramp, according to Johnson.
"Self-defense or not, I [messed] up," Breseman told police, the Herald reports. "I killed the woman I loved."

Though Breseman claimed he acted in self defense, Johnson says evidence found by investigators paints a different picture.

No marks or bruises were found on Breseman's body, and messages uncovered from his phone showed the couple had been in an ongoing argument leading up to Czuj's death. In one email from Dec. 28, Breseman was upset Czuj had made plans to spend New Year's Eve without him.

"Maybe I'm just a jealous fool that loves you very much," he wrote in one message, Johnson said in court, the Herald reports.

"Do not call me again," Czuj texted Breseman in one message.
1610076365809.png

It is tragic that she got killed like that, and I wish the best for her family during this time. However...

a pronunciation guide would be nice. Where do you start with a perhaps Slavic-sounding name such as Czuj? "Chudge"? "Zhooy"? "Zhoo"? "Chew"? "Chewy"? Clarification would be highly appreciated.

chewy

1714802692489.jpeg

Y59780 - BRESEMAN, JOHN

ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO

Admission Date: 09/07/2023
Projected Parole Date: 12/16/2078
Last Paroled Date:
Projected Discharge Date: 12/17/2081
OFFENSE:MURDER/STRONG PROB KILL/INJURE
CUSTODY DATE:12/17/2020
SENTENCE:58 Years 0 Months 0 Days

Back