• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man who killed his girlfriend after claiming she "sicced the demons" on him is expected to serve more than two decades in prison under a plea deal with prosecutors.

Daniel Torres Jr., 42, pleaded guilty to counts of aggravated manslaughter and animal cruelty before Superior Court Judge Janetta D. Marbrey.

He admitted to an emergency dispatcher killing his girlfriend, 31-year-old Jennifer Beer, on Aug. 13. 2017 at their home.

The plea agreement, negotiated by Administrative Assistant Prosecutor Stacey Geurds, calls for Torres to serve 20 years for manslaughter and a consecutive 3-year bid for animal cruelty for killing one of the two dogs in the apartment.

The pet had a “very large laceration to the neck,” according to court documents, which indicated officers recovered a rifle and handgun while serving a search warrant.

Torres' deal is subject to the No Early Release Act, meaning he must serve 85 percent of his sentence before becoming eligible for parole, prosecutors said.

Officers heard a gunshot on the second floor after arriving at the couples apartment.

Cops forced their way into the home and found Torres inside the home.

While Torres was detained, authorities found Beer's lifeless body on the bedroom floor. She had been shot multiple times, prosecutors said, and was pronounced dead at the scene.

A dead dog was also in the bedroom near Beer's body.

According to a 911 tape obtained by The Trentonian, Torres claimed he acted in self-defense after Beer unleashed demons on him.

“I killed my girlfriend. I killed her because she sicced the demons on me,” Torres told the dispatcher. “I got proof. I got evidence. I’m very afraid. I got a dog.”

The nine-minute and 30-second call provided a peek into Torres' mindset the day that he killed Beers.

Torres told the dispatcher he was armed with two guns and wearing a helmet and bulletproof vest.

He tried negotiating with the emergency dispatcher for assurances that police would not attempt to kill him and would accept his evidence of self-defense.

“You need to promise me that I’ll be safe or if not, I’ll just f---ing end myself and start a f---ing war, because that’s what they want,” Torres demands during the 9-1-1 call with the emergency dispatcher. “Being demonized. You need to promise me that somebody will come up here and talk to me and see what I have. I’m not going to hurt nobody.”

Torres claimed video footage and handwritten letters would help him prove self-defense against “demonic attacks.”

“Sir, if this evidence gets lost. I’m gonna beat this case,” Torres says, his thoughts disjointed. “I need to show that I…”

“OK,” the dispatcher told Torres. “I will help you. I want to help you. OK, listen, I want to help you. I promise you, I will not hurt you. No one will hurt you. I just need to know where you are. Give me your address and I promise you we will get the evidence on the demons and all the photos. I just need to know, where are you?"
1604888297335.png

The Trentonian obtained the 9-1-1 recording on Tuesday, more than three weeks after the newspaper submitted an Open Public Records Act request for it.
In the first 12 seconds of the 9-1-1 call, Torres says he killed his girlfriend to defend himself against demons and accuses the victim of “siccing” those evil spirits on him. The emergency dispatcher in the early part of the call speaks in a condescending manner toward Torres.
“Where are you?” the emergency dispatcher asks Torres multiple times during the call.
“I don’t want to hurt nobody else, OK,” Torres responds. “You need to send somebody up right now, because I am fully armed and I have a dog also. … The police tried to kill me twice already. Please. I’ll give you my address, but listen to what I am saying.”
“Stop,” the dispatcher says twice, impatient with Torres’ rant. “Where are you?”
“I need somebody to come talk to me first,” Torres responds.
“And you keep saying that,” the dispatcher shoots back, “but you are not telling me where you are. Where are you?”
“I’m very afraid,” Torres says. “OK, I’m gonna give you my address.”
“You’ve said that now for the fourth time,” the dispatcher says. “Are you gonna tell me your address or are you gonna keep saying you’re gonna tell me? What’s your address?”
“Promise me that they won’t kill me so I don’t have to shoot or kill nobody else,” Torres responds, which immediately elicited concern from the dispatcher.
“Did you kill anyone yet?” the dispatcher asks.
“Yes,” Torres responds.
“Who did you kill?” the dispatcher asks.
“The demons told me to do it. They attacked me,” Torres responds. “I have the proof. That’s why I need to talk to somebody.”
“Did you just kill someone right now?” the dispatcher asks.
“I defended myself. I’m in my house,” Torres says.
“Who did you kill?” the dispatcher asks.
“The demons made it look like it was me, but she sicced them on me, OK,” Torres says. “She was the girl I was seeing and dating.”
“So you killed your girlfriend?” the dispatcher asks.
“I defended myself,” Torres responds. “There’s nobody in here and the demons grabbed me. They throw me all over. And I told her. … She has been demonized and she was siccing them on me.”
“How did you kill her?” the dispatcher asked.
“I was trying to shoot the demons,” Torres responds. “They grabbed me and she was laughing at me. … I even texted her aunt, ‘Yo, there’s demons out here. She needs to go to the hospital.’”
At that point in the 9-1-1 call, the dispatcher began to give Torres some safety assurances, saying, “OK, where are you? We’re not going to kill you, but where are you?”
“Good,” Torres responds. “They tried twice. I got no warrants. No nothing.”
There is an inexplicable commotion at the end of the 9-1-1 call. It is not clear from the recording if police had arrived on the scene at that point or if civilians tried to intervene or if Torres perceived the presence of demons. What is clear is that the dispatcher did not know what was going on when the call ended.

1714489261931.jpeg

Sentenced as:Torres, Daniel

Current Max Release Date:August 23, 2034

CURRENT PRISON SENTENCE

OffenseOffense DateSentence DateCounty of CommitmentCommitment OrderMandatory Minimum TermMaximum Term
1 count of :
2C:11-4A*1 Manslaughter-Aggravated /1
August 13, 2017December 7, 2020MercerMER171100529-I17 Years20 Years
1 count of :
4:22-17*3 Cruelty to animals
August 13, 2017December 7, 2020MercerMER171100529-INone3 Years

Back