• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Here's another one that sounds so familiar but didn't come up in a search.

Jennifer Emmi, the Colorado animal rights attorney accused of plotting to have her estranged husband's new girlfriend murdered, has pleaded guilty to multiple charges, PEOPLE confirms.

Emmi, 43, appeared in court June 28 and entered guilty pleas to seven felonies and four misdemeanors: solicitation to commit second-degree murder, menacing, heat-of-passion strangulation, attempting to influence a judge, violation of a bail bond, retaliation against a witness, stalking, criminal mischief, reckless driving, tampering and two counts of child abuse.
full

Under the terms of the deal, 11 other felony counts will be dismissed, along with 12 misdemeanor charges, according to court documents provided to PEOPLE.

Emmi faces possible prison time when she is sentenced on Aug. 16.

Authorities in Colorado had accused Emmi, who founded the Animal Law Center, a nonprofit animal ranch, of offering one of her ranch hands $100,000 to murder her estranged husband's new girlfriend — the au pair the couple had hired to care for their three children.

Emmi asked the ranch hand to "take care" of the new girlfriend — meaning kill her — adding that the woman would not be missed if she were killed.

Emmi, who appeared regularly on regional news shows and also hosted a Facebook show about animals, was arrested in late January following a six-month investigation and charged with solicitation of first-degree murder, two counts of retaliating against a witness or victim and three counts of stalking.
[....]
"I was set up, and I have been repeatedly set up. All I can say is I want the truth to come out. The whole thing is crazy. I don't want to hurt anyone."

Emmi's attorney, M. Colin Bresee, told PEOPLE on Friday Emmi never intended to have her ex's girlfriend killed.

After her arrest, legal documents alleged she had threatened her estranged spouse and children prior to the murder-for-hire plot.

In January 2020, she allegedly held a knife to her husband’s neck as he held one of the couple's three young children.

Legal documents detailing the allegations her husband made against her , which were obtained by Fox News, state: 'While Donnie's back was to Jennifer, he felt someone grab the hood part of his hooded sweatshirt... At the same time, he felt his hair being pulled. Then, he felt a piece of cold metal come across his neck and press into it.'
Screenshot_20210719-102711~2.png

The following month, Jennifer is alleged to have grabbed one of her three children 'by the neck' to 'strangle' her.

'I didn't think I was going to live,' the young child is quoted as telling investigators in the affidavit.

Donnie was additionally 'fearful' that Jennifer would 'commit a murder/suicide and kill him, the kids and herself.'
I cut out at substance abuse.. this shit gets even messier.. fun read.. reads like a Lifetime movie..

It appears this whole shit started when Jennifer decided to get a some of dick on the side, but when her husband discovered he was dipping into sloppy seconds, he was not amused.
The Emmis' marriage started to fall apart in January 2019, according to the affidavit, shortly after Donnie Emmi learned that his wife had sex with another man. He began the process of filing for divorce but then agreed to delay the proceedings at the behest of Jennifer Emmi, who claimed to be suffering from various ailments.
Then the story gets pretty complicated. It appears the girlfriend was not just an au pair, she also worked at Jennifer's law firm, but had to quit because Jennifer is, you know, insanely jealous.
Jennifer Emmi is a well-known animal rights lawyer in Colorado, according to media reports. Donnie Emmi, 41, and his girlfriend Karen Elledge, 30, told authorities they lived in fear of Jennifer Emmi long before they learned of her plot. Elledge, who immigrated from Brazil “several years ago,” was formerly an au pair for the three Emmi children and now works at Donnie Emmi’s law firm. She worked at Jennifer Emmi’s law firm for a time but left the job because of how she was treated by her boyfriend’s estranged wife.
I can't say I blame Donnie. Once he discovered his whack-a-doodle wife cheated on him, he decided to upgraded to a newer, foreign model and it looks like it handles pretty nice.
1626711962915.png

Hopefully, everything runs smooth under the hood, unlike his last ride.

Last edited:
She has more respect for animals than people. But even then, maybe not. How much did she genuinely care about the animals, and how much of it was part of a well-crafted image? I'm sure she does care greatly about animals; I wouldn't necessarily doubt that. But hiring a hit on her separated husband's girlfriend is extremely untrustworthy and callous.

Emmi, 43, appeared in court June 28 and entered guilty pleas to seven felonies and four misdemeanors: solicitation to commit second-degree murder, menacing, heat-of-passion strangulation, attempting to influence a judge, violation of a bail bond, retaliation against a witness, stalking, criminal mischief, reckless driving, tampering and two counts of child abuse.

R.bc720e9744d10a909da9e50b5953ef2d

She has more respect for animals than people. But even then, maybe not. How much did she genuinely care about the animals, and how much of it was part of a well-crafted image? I'm sure she does care greatly about animals; I wouldn't necessarily doubt that. But hiring a hit on her separated husband's girlfriend is extremely untrustworthy and callous.

R.bc720e9744d10a909da9e50b5953ef2d
Please tell this dog that I love him.

Ok now that the important part has been said I can attest that animal people are fucking crazy. I have worked closely with a lot of animal rescues and it takes a really intense, passionate person to survive that job. (The softies break under the sadness of it all) Animal people often do prefer animals over other humans because humans are disappointing and well, terrible. They’re usually good people with good intentions but they can be really difficult when interacting with the general public. When it comes to animals there is a vulnerability that adults don’t have, the human adult can fight back, stick up for itself, make cognitive decisions about behavior etc. It’s very similar to how people feel about babies. You could read a story about a baby and an adult being attacked, receive the same injuries and most of the people will feel more empathy for the baby. This is what separates the animal lover from the animal person; animal lovers get joy from pets, whereas animal people make their entire world and identity about the animals the own or care for. You ever see those nutters on the internet proclaiming that their love for their “fur baby” is just as intense and natural as a mother’s love for their baby? Well, I don’t doubt the validity of those statements, I believe that for those people the feelings are the same, because they don’t prioritize the sanctity of human life over that of an animals. I used to do dog transports, where I would pick up neglected dogs at airports or rest stops and bring them to another point on their journey to a rescue or forever home, and I remember walking this one particular dog that was skeletal down a hipster Brooklyn street- everyone who passed me gave me dirty looks and head shakes (I guess they assumed I was the animal abuser) BUT the most interesting part was there were several homeless people with signs on the same street and they never got a glance.
Sorry for the rambling detour, but to me, knowing all the people I’ve known in the animal world I don’t doubt for a second that she had passion for animals and the work she did, yet didn’t give a single flying fuck about the woman who banged her husband.

She could have had any partner or number of lovers just through her affiliation but now she's going to be "on the chain" with Big Betty so sad. Making all that money and throwing it all away.
Post automatically merged:

Another one who swears they found love at rock bottom. Just wait.

She could have had any partner or number of lovers just through her affiliation but now she's going to be "on the chain" with Big Betty so sad. Making all that money and throwing it all away.
Post automatically merged:

Another one who swears they found love at rock bottom. Just wait.
Hey we got some folks that aint so sad that she's gonna be on the chain. I mean, c'mon..big mama Karma here is just smilin.

Diabla.jpg

Back