• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Countess Olenska

Nice Asshole
Bold Member!
A Bradenton, Fl boy was crushed to death while searching the bottom of his family's home elevator shaft for his missing hamster. The father is a prominent Orthopedic Surgeon in Bradenton.

Maxwell Grablin had gone into the shaft in the home on the 1110 block of Palma Sola Boulevard around to search for the pet. He suffered fatal injuries when the elevator lowered from above, the Manatee County Sheriff's Office said.

Paramedics and fire rescue personnel pronounced the child dead at the scene, and deputies responded at 11:24 a.m.
9qcm4h.jpg

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2015/1/4/bradenton_boy_killed.html

Last edited:
Omg. What a nightmare.

How flat do you think he was? They're never gonna get that clean. Haunted fucking elevator.

Money... the root of all evil. If they had been poor or moderately comfortable this would not have happened.

Kid would of Darwined himself out no matter what. Who looks for a hamster in an elevator shaft without letting people know you'll be in there? Derp.

So... did it just return to the bottom on its own, after a period of time? Or did one of the parents actually call the elevator? Because, you know, if the latter, that only increases their anguish.

I know this is the DD folks but a twelve year old boy lost his life looking for his pet hamster. Pretty sad. Boys are so impulsive and think they are invincible. I wonder if he somehow triggered the elevator while in the shaft. I'm sure his parents are devastated.

Assuming they were rich and not disabled, What lazy fuckers.... Who knew? Taking the stairs really is good for your health. Apparently it can increase life expectancy by up to 70 years...
What if they have a disabled child, or grandma lives with them? Or they may have seen this as their "forever house" that they'd live in until they died, and planned ahead by building in the elevator. Those things are a bitch to retrofit into a house.

I know several people with home elevators, and those are their reasons.

Omg. What a nightmare.

How flat do you think he was? They're never gonna get that clean. Haunted fucking elevator.
Home elevators have less extra room at the bottom than commercial elevators, so probably pretty damn flat.

Then someone should have been watching him and his hamster closer.

Kid would of Darwined himself out no matter what. Who looks for a hamster in an elevator shaft without letting people know you'll be in there? Derp.
Do you think they ever found little Flap Jack? Maybe the vacuum got him.

I got cold chills reading that article. Cannot imagine what his parents are going through right now! :(

If I could afford an elevator for my house, I'd definitely put one in. My parents are elderly and just spent two weeks visiting us for the holidays. Mom is getting too frail to take the stairs anymore. She's glad to be back in her 1-story ranch! ;)

Maxwell Erik Grablin - Legacy.com

Maxwell Erik Grablin

Obituary

a1597130-4b4c-4fc9-a5ef-f603fde4be02.jpg
12, Bradenton, passed away Jan. 3, 2015. Maxwell was born on Oct. 30, 2002 in Bradenton to Dr. & Mrs. Patrick J. and Karin A. Grablin. He was in 6th grade at the State College of Collegiate School. Maxwell also attended the Unity Church in the Woods in Bradenton, and had been a Cub Scout with Pack 22 for 5 years at Palma Sola Presbyterian Church. He was currently a Boy Scout with Troop 8 at First United Methodist Church. Max was an avid collector, builder and enjoyed video games. He loved Pokémon, Minecraft and Legos. He also enjoyed taking golf lessons at the Bradenton Country Club and took guitar lessons at the Florida Enrichment Academy. And he loved his pet hamster, Harryett. Maxwell was predeceased by his grandparents; John & Patricia Grablin, and Birgit M. Anderson, and is survived by his parents, Dr. & Mrs. Patrick J. & Karin A. Grablin of Bradenton, grandfather, Gordon D. Anderson of Beavercreek, OH, and many extended family members and friends. The family will receive friends from 6-8 P.M. on Friday, Jan. 9, 2015 at Shannon Funeral Home Westview Chapel, 5610 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. A celebration of Maxwell's life will be held at 11:00 A.M. on Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015 at Palma Sola Presbyterian Church, 6510 3rd Ave. W., Bradenton. Interment will be private. The family requests that, in lieu of flowers and other gifts, memorial donations be made to the Maxwell E. Grablin Memorial Fund c/o Gulf Coast Community Foundation, 601 Tamiami Trail South, Venice, FL 34285 or online http://www.gulfcoastcf.org/news/2015/01/05/donate-to-the-maxwell-e-grablin-memorial-fund/.The Fund will be used to benefit children and animals in need, as Max would have wanted. Condolences for the family may be made online at www.shannonfuneralhomes.com.

Just picking nits here, but it's the love of money that is the root of all kinds of evil. So sayeth whoever wrote Timothy 6:10
Allegedly, it was the Apostle Paul, the artist formerly known as Saul of Tarsus.

What if they have a disabled child, or grandma lives with them? Or they may have seen this as their "forever house" that they'd live in until they died, and planned ahead by building in the elevator. Those things are a bitch to retrofit into a house.

I know several people with home elevators, and those are their reasons.

I agree with all of those reasons and could of assumed those myself, but then I wouldn't of been able to hate on the rich and lavish now would I? I knew in all likelihood I was making an incorrect assumption but after reading the obit, it wasn't the grandparents though... Rich eccentric douchebaggery is still on the table... I'm only guilty of douchebaggery... Poor, jealous douchebaggery lol.

I still think when you own an elevator that your TWELVE year old boy climbs down into the shaft of, well I'm just not going to say it because it isn't very appropriate here. I'll just blame the psychotic murdering elevator instead....

Edit: I see one of the old fuckers are still kicking...

Last edited:
Back