Boy Accidentally Killed At Elementary School After His Head Was Crushed By Room PartitionCouple Charged After Beating 3-Year-Old Boy Into A ComaDrunk Mom Gets Kicked Out Of School Play, Assaults Officer, Floods Jail CellWoman Stabbed Roommate To Death For Calling Her A BitchPolice Say Man Arrested After Getting Caught Performing Sex Act On 2-Year-OldTeen Sentenced After Dressing As Clown Then Stabbing Boyfriend During SexTeen, 16, Charged With Murder After Running Over Baltimore CopNorth Dakota Mother Killed Her Three Children Before Killing HerselfTwo Teens Climbed Tower Then Threw Puppy 100 Feet To Its DeathWoman Missing Since Mother's Day Presumed Dead, Suspect Arrested

PARK HILLS, MO – Police have arrested a couple after they were accused of putting their 4-month-old son inside a microwave, then turning it on.

Police were called after the baby was brought to a hospital for a rash on his face.

Doctors quickly discovered that the rash was actually a second-degree burn, and that the baby was suffering from a skull fracture and a brain injury.

The baby’s parents, Derick Boyce-Slezak and Mikala Boyce-Slezak, both 22, were arrested and charged with felony abuse or neglect of a child.

During a Monday hearing, Mikala said the burn were caused by someone cleaning the infant’s face with a towel that contained a cleaning chemical.

She pleaded the Fifth Amendment when asked about the baby’s other injuries. Derek didn’t testify at all.

However, a social services agent did testify at the hearing. She said that Mikala told her that the head injury was probably the result of Derek dropping the baby while imitating something he saw on a television commercial.

Even more shocking, she told the worker she believed Derek had put the baby in the microwave then turned it on “for a short period of time.”

Derek and Mikala are both being held in the St. Francois County Jail, each on $500,000 bail.

If Derek is guilty of what he is accused of doing, he wouldn’t be the first guy to injure his baby by cooking them in a microwave for a short period of time. Back in 2007, we reported on a guy who put his two-month-old daughter in a microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.