Mother In Custody After One-Year-Old Baby Found Dead Inside Diaper BoxBody Of Missing Woman Found In Stairwell At San Francisco Hospital. Again.Todd Harrell, Former Bassist For 3 Doors Down, Behind Bars Again On Domestic Violence And Drug ChargesMan Who Murdered Six People Connected To His 2009 Divorce Commits SuicidePit Bull Mauled 8-Month-Old Girl To Death As She Sat In Bouncy ChairChild With Cancer Pleads With Mom To Come Back After She Vanished With Money Raised For His TreatmentsMichigan State University Physicist Charged With Sodomizing Basset HoundThree Charged With Murder After Man Was Forced Into Industrial Wood ChipperTeen Ran Over And Killed Her Baby While Fighting With BoyfriendStepmother Accused Of Killing Her Husband's 4-Year-Old Son

Laundry PodKISSIMMEE, FL – A 1-year-old boy has died after eating a laundry detergent pod while at a Kissimmee battered women’s shelter.

Police say Michael Williams was with his mother at the shelter when he ate the highly concentrated pack of laundry detergent and later died. Police are still investigating, but say they do not feel the poisoning was intentional. However, it will be up to prosecutors to file any charges once the investigation is complete.

According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, in 2012, poison centers received reports of 6,231 exposures to the highly concentrated packets of laundry detergent by children 5 and younger. As of July of this year, that number is 5,753. In July, Tide announced it will no longer package their detergent in clear packaging, using an opaque packaging that they hope will prevent kids from thinking it is candy.

That’s cool of Tide, but Terri Durdaller, a spokesperson for the Department of Children and Families, released a statement that I thought better addressed how to prevent such accidents from happening:

“The death of little Michael is a tragedy. It reminds all of us as parents the dangers of leaving household cleaning supplies around our little ones. Unfortunately, on average we lose 20 children each year to accidental poisoning in the state of Florida,” said Durdaller. “We have had prior history with this family and at this time our investigation is open and ongoing. We continue to work with law enforcement as the investigation moves forward into the circumstances surrounding the poisoning.”

While looking for pictures to use for this article, I was surprised at how much those pods do look a lot like candy. My wife washes my clothes – she being the one equipped with a vagina – so I wasn’t aware companies had somehow made poisonous cleaning chemicals look so delicious.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags: , , , , ,

Comments


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.