Anthony Gideka and Jennifer NelsonLynn, MA – A U.S. Army veteran has been arrested after officials said he beat a 3-month-old boy to death after learning the infant and his twin brother were not his sons.

Police and Fire responded were called to the apartment of Anthony Gideika and Jennifer Nelson at approximately 1:45 a.m. Monday and found Chase Gideika was not breathing and had minor bruising around his forehead.

The child was taken to the hospital where doctors found Chase was suffering bruising to his head and genital areas, internal head trauma, a skull fracture and internal bleeding.

Essex Assistant District Attorney Kate MacDougall said the child’s brain was so damaged and swollen that it “lost all its architecture.” She added that doctors determined Chase had been shaken violently on more than one occasion during the past 48 hours, had been slammed to the ground and had injuries consistent with being kicked or kneed in the genitals.

Police first became suspicious of Gideika after seeing how he was “manhandling” Chase’s twin brother while preparing to go to the hospital. Officers also noted the 32-year-old was acting strange and uncooperative when speaking of the incident.

He would later tell police that he was watching the two boys while their mother was at a tattoo party and that he had accidentally dropped Chase four times and that on one of those occasions, Chase landed straddling a toy. He also told police he’d been abusing Klonopin ever since he found out the twins were not his sons.

Gideika was subsequently arrested on a warrant Tuesday for assault-and-battery on a child with substantial injury. On Wednesday, a plea of not guilty was entered on his behalf. On that same day, Chase died at the hospital.

Judge Stephen Abany honored MacDougall’s request that Gideika be held on $100,000 cash bail. MacDougall said that additional charges may be filed in the case. Gideika is scheduled to return to court July 25.

This isn’t the first time allegations of abuse have been levelled at Gideika and Nelson. A year ago, DCF took custody of a 3-year-old child in the home and had an open investigation on the couple after the twins’ premature birth. Both boys tested positive for methadone and benzodiazapines, and spent four weeks in the hospital because of withdrawal symptoms.

Even so, DCF allowed the twins to go home with the couple where Gideika would eventually use one of them as a Hacky Sack.

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags: , , , , , ,


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.

  • The Pulpit of Doom Podcast

  • Recent Comments

  • Prophets of Doom

    Be sure to pick up the DD crApp for Android. Coming to iTunes soon.