Michigan Woman Accused Of Beating her 5-Month-Old Son To DeathFormer Pastor Accused Of Taking Photo Up Woman's Dress At ChurchWaitress Takes Down Man Who Grabbed Her Ass Inside RestaurantMan Arrested After Using Toddler As Baseball Bat To Beat GirlfriendTwo Brothers Charged In Rape, Murder Of 16-Year-Old BoyMan Used His Teeth To Decapitate His Mother After Argument Over Credit CardsCouncilwoman Charged With Fighting Arresting Deputies And Biting Corrections OfficerMan Stabbed Teen Sister To Death For Taking Too Long In BathroomDoctor Arrested After Getting Caught On Camera Fondling PatientMachete Wielding Teen Forced Ex To Have Sex With Her Before Pissing On His Bed

Grand County, CO — A couple appeared in court Monday afternoon to answer to charges of evidence tampering, criminal trespass and abuse of a corpse after being accused of stealing items from a murder-suicide scene last month.

When Jerod Reeves and Kimberly McCaffrey stumbled across the frozen bodies of a man and his young son in the Colorado wilderness in December of last year, they did what any good citizen would do – they called authorities and informed them of the discovery. Ha! Just kidding! They robbed ’em and disappeared into the sunset, not even bothering to make one simple friggin’ phone call.

According to investigators, the pair had come across the bodies of 62-year-old William Ahrold and his 9-year-old-son Jackson in Grand County on December 17. (The father and son had last been seen on December 7, and were reported missing on December 13). Authorities found Ahrold’s van over the weekend and quickly came to the conclusion that Ahrold had killed his son before taking his own life. They soon realized that there was a rather important piece of evidence missing – the weapon. Know what else was missing? A couple of Ahrold’s digits.

After robbing Ahrold of his gasoline, cash, credit cards and iPod, Reeves apparently used a hacksaw to cut off two of Ahrold’s fingers to steal the pistol he was still holding.

“I sawed them off with a hack saw,” Reeves said. “That was pretty crazy. I’m not really sure. I should have left that there.”

The couple then fled to Washington, reportedly using the dead man’s credit cards to finance their trip. They were arrested at a Spokane Valley motel last week.

McCaffrey says she regrets everything that happened that night. Reeves, who claims he was homeless, broke and out of gas, says he would do it again if he were faced with the same situation.

“Wait until they’re out there freezing half to death. Anyone that goes and finds a dead body in the wilderness and sees a freakin’ wallet with some cash in it, they’re going to take it. I don’t care who you are,” Reeves said. “I did what I had to do that night to survive.”

Both are being held on $150,000 bond.

Can’t seem to find much info on Ahrold or his son. As usual, though, the murder-suicide came as a surprise to those that knew him, including the kiddo’s mother.

Thanks, Alan!

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.