Family Electrocuted Putting Up Ham Radio Antenna

October 13, 2009 at 10:23 am by  

PALM BAY, Fla. – And I thought MY Monday was bad. A mother, father and their 15-year-old son were attempting to install a 50-foot-long ham radio antenna in the dark when they lost control of the pole. The pole ended up hitting a 13,000 volt power line killing all three of them. The mother was found dead at the scene, the father and son died later at the hospital. The incident happened at around 8:40 pm at the home of the man’s mother. Their 17-year-old daughter was inside the home and a 17-year-old friend was on the roof at the time of the incident; neither were harmed. This is a really tragic story, and I am not adding insult to injury when I say this – but putting up a 50-foot-long pole at night? Let this be a lesson for any of you who were not aware of that being a really bad idea.

Help The Dreamin Demon go ad free! Support us on Patreon!
Tags:

Comments


The views expressed in the comments are those of the comment writers and don't represent the views or opinions of D'D or its staff. Feel free to flag comments that may violate conditions outlined in our Disclaimer.

  • The Pulpit of Doom Podcast





  • Recent Comments

  • Prophets of Doom

    Be sure to pick up the DD crApp for Android. Coming to iTunes soon.