Boulder, CO – The Smoking Gun is reporting that 21-year-old Taylor Powers had to be rescued from a Colorado mountain after she ingested hallucinogenic mushrooms, stripped off all of her clothes, and began fighting with friends.
On Sunday, the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office says they received a 911 call that a female hiker in Chautauqua Park was “high on mushrooms and in distress.” A total of 35 personnel from the BCSO, Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, Boulder Fire Rescue, the Rocky Mountain Rescue Group, and an American Medical Rescue ambulance were dispatched to the location.
Rescuers found Powers, a University of Colorado undergrad, nude and being detained by two classmates. Rescuers had to handcuff Powers because she was continuing to struggle, and it took several rescuers to secure her inside a rescue basket.
Nearly two hours after first the first call was made, Powers was brought off the mountain and transported to a Boulder hospital, where she was treated and released. Taylor “Buzzkill” Powers was eventually cited for unlawful consumption of a controlled substance and “further charges are pending against others involved,” deputies reported.…Continue Reading
Shandong, China – Giving new meaning to the phrase “rode hard and put away wet,” eighteen of China’s finest came to the aid of a woman who’d reportedly submerged into one of the province’s rivers–only to find that the ”damsel in distress” was a female sex doll.
The crew had worked frantically for nearly an hour to rescue the “woman” after police responded to a call of a female possibly drowning in the river. After realizing they had just rescued someone’s blow-up lover, they held it up to the crowd of approximately 1,000 who had gathered to watch the rescue efforts who shielded their children’s eyes and dispersed.
No telling how the sex doll got in the river in the first place, but the Times of India reports that Shandong is a large producer of sex toys and supplies them across the globe.
This is the second story out of China in about a month detailing a sex toy being mistaken for something else. I don’t know if you caught it or not, but one Chinese television station sent out a young female reporter, Ye Yunfeng, to a remote village where a strange mushroom had been discovered.…Continue Reading
A Houston Fire Department spokesperson said a man, his girlfriend and young son were asleep when one of their two pit bulls began barking frantically, causing them to awaken. When the man went to investigate, he discovered a hot water heater in his single-story home’s garage to be on fire. When firefighters arrived at around 4:15am, the occupants – including the dogs – were out of the house; but the fire was out of control.
By the time fire personnel were able to extinguish the flames, the house was declared a total loss. The homeowner said that the house did not have smoke detectors, so it is believed that the family may not have survived if the dog had not alerted them. The family and authorities are roundly hailing the dog as a hero.
Sadly, it is possible that the family’s other pit bull – who remained silent throughout the ordeal – will soon be filing to have his colleague’s AKC registration suspended for ‘acts of kindness in flagrant violation of the breed’s charter.’ A subsequent investigation would establish whether the dog’s actions in this instance are part of a larger pattern of suspicious and unacceptable behavior.…Continue Reading