PARKVILLE, Md. - A 13-year-old boy died the other day after he fell out of a moving car and was struck by another vehicle. According to reports, he had opened the front passenger door to throw up, sick from having consumed Four Loko.
Michael Truluck’s mother says her son had spent Saturday afternoon with friends at a fast food restaurant and playing basketball. Just before 6 p.m. he texted her and asked for someone to come pick him and two friends up, so she sent her fiancee to get them.
What they didn’t know was that Truluck was sick from drinking Four Loko, which can be 12% alcohol, an unidentified adult had purchased for him. For those unaware, Four Loko is an alcoholic beverage that once contained caffeine and at one time was marketed as energy drinks. The company that produces it got into some legal issues that led to them removing the caffeine and to stop marketing the product as energy drinks.
Truluck’s friends say he had already thrown up twice before his mother’s fiancee arrived to pick him and his two friends up.…Continue Reading