PORTSMOUTH, NH –*We have reported on killed by*pinto beans, chocolate, meat grinders,*industrial dryers,*wood chippers*and even*paper rolling machines.*Now we have a new way someone can be accidentally killed on the job.
A man working at the Redhook Ale Brewery was killed yesterday after a beer keg exploded, sending shrapnel into his head and chest.*The worker was using compressed air to to empty and clean kegs when the incident occurred.
“Something failed where it basically blew apart under the pressure and with such force that parts of the keg pushed into his chest and into his head,” said Asst. Fire Chief Steven Achilles.
Other employees discovered the unidentified man and called 911. Emergency workers arrived within a few minutes and found the man was weak and barely had a pulse before going into cardiac arrest. He was rushed to the hospital but would be pronounced dead later that day.
OSHA has started investigating and others are eager to hear the results as this cleaning practice is common, and a keg exploding in this manner is practically unheard of.
“I really don’t know how it could happen because it’s rare. I want to know what happened exactly so it doesn’t happen here,” said Steve Souza, head brewer at a nearby a microbrewery.…
This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.
"Read the full Front Page article..."