"New Delhi police said an electrical fault may have sparked the fire, which quickly spread through tents erected for a three-day gathering of thousands of eunuchs. We were serving tea to some activists when the tent above our heads just exploded in flames."
http://tribune.com.pk/story/295199/n...at-convention/At least 15 eunuchs were killed and 31 injured in India when a fire engulfed a venue in the capital New Delhi where an annual convention was being held, police said Monday.
The blaze broke out on Sunday evening and quickly spread through tents erected in the east of the city for the three-day gathering of thousands of eunuchs.Police said a short circuit in an electrical system may have sparked the fire.
In India the term “eunuch” is mostly used to refer to cross-dressers and pre and post-operative transsexuals. Indian eunuchs are severely marginalised and, unable to get jobs, often rely on begging and the sex trade for income.