Man faces 107 counts in sex case
A Eufaula man jailed in lieu of $1 million bond was charged Friday with 107 sexually-related felonies against children.
Steven Wade Bigham, 43, faces:
• 24 counts of first-degree rape of a child under 14.
• 24 counts of oral sodomy with a child under 16.
• 24 counts of lewd or indecent acts with a child under 16.
• 24 counts of indecent exposure.
• Eight counts of first-degree rape by instrumentation with a child under 14.
• One count of cruelty to animals.
• One count of intimidation of a witness.
• One count of oral sodomy with a child under 16 (4 years old).
McIntosh County Assistant District Attorney Crieg Rittenhouse said anyone found guilty of those charges could be sentenced up to life without parole.
One of the children said Bigham made threats against her if she “told on him,” according to a court document filed by McIntosh County Sheriff’s Investigator Tonya French.
The affidavit says Bigham threatened “he would kill me and throw my body at the bottom of a well and pour lye on me and it would eat my body and no one would be able to find me.”
The court document said the child said Bigham had killed one of her cats and took his gun outside and said he was going to kill Snowball (her dog) and pointed his gun at the dog. She told French she got between Bigham and Snowball so he could not shoot the dog.
The document states the child said Bigham made her have sex with him at least two times a week and sometimes five times a week for the past three years in McIntosh County.
Other statements involved oral sodomy and that Bigham put “stuff” in the child in the past.