A metro man said he unwrapped an unwelcome surprise in a candy bar and it made his stomach turn.
Reginald Ganther said he was working late producing Christian music and wanted a sweet snack, so he took a bite of a Hershey's almond candy bar.
"When I went to grab another piece, I saw the worm
," he said.
He said he was mortified, but did some investigating.
"I opened up the wrapper and there was a bunch of bug (matter)," he said. "Like they had peeled their shell or skin."
Ganther said the sight was too disgusting for his eyes or his stomach.
"I threw up a couple of times last night, but it was the grossness of it my mind, seeing the bugs still alive,"
He said he took the candy bar back to the store where he bought it.
"They have removed that box off the shelf," he said.
He also contacted Hershey. The company told him and Eyewitness News 5 that it's something that sometimes happens, usually after products leave their production centers.
The company said it's an isolated incident and pledged to send Ganther some coupons.
Ganther said he also thinks it's an isolated incident, but it may be awhile before he eats one again. He said other people follow his lead before taking another bite.
"Inspect it first," he said. "Pray over it before you bite into it."