SHOCK: Christopher Thomas (seen in 1972 and 2006 mug shots) got 25 to 50 years in the massacre of two women and eight children.
The man convicted of systematically slaughtering two women and eight children in the worst mass killing in New York history before 9/11 could go free next month.
Christopher Thomas, 59, comes up for parole for the first time since he was found guilty of heartlessly pumping bullets into the heads of his terrified victims in the "Palm Sunday Massacre" on April 15, 1984.
Veteran detectives recoiled in horror when they saw the blood-splattered bodies - including that of a pregnant woman - in a railroad flat at 1080 Liberty Ave. in the East New York section of Brooklyn.
"One child was eating chocolate pudding sitting on the couch in a suspended state, with the spoon still in her hand, dead," said former NYPD Detective Beau Dietl.
"There were victims sitting around the living room with fear on their faces after being systematically shot," he said.
The slayings made front-page news for days. "Showed No Mercy," read a Post headline.
At his trial, Thomas insisted he was innocent. And he did so again last week in an exclusive interview at the Shawangunk Prison in upstate Wallkill, where he is serving 25 to 50 years on 10 manslaughter counts.
"I didn't do it," the salt-and-pepper-haired Thomas coolly repeated. "I wasn't there."