• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
What do you say when someone comments -you two look like you could be 'brother & sister'- nah we are just mother & son!? Uuuggghhhhhhhh :bored:

the two were able to live in incestuous bliss for a while – staying in Mares’ mobile home with her two youngest children, an argument between the family and some neighbors eventually led to their relationship becoming public knowledge.
Wonder how that all went down??

-"Who are you to tell me I can't drink with the neighbors?!"

--"I'm YOUR MOTHER that's who!!.....um, oopsie!"
:hilarious:

I wonder if they're trying to use the fact that he was adopted, and there for no longer "legally" her son anymore as a loophole or something?
Yeah, this whole story is making me taste bile come up in the back of my throat as well.

I hear you that yay, she found love. Blah blah.

Think about those 9 kids though!
Half brother is fucking mom and now he's stepdad!

She reproduced, frequently obviously. I'm sorry, but her duty now lies in raising happy, healthy kids.

When u get knocked up, it ain't about u and your love life anymore. You have a duty to those kids who DIDNT ASK to be brought into this world.

You mention therapy for those two? Agreed. If she wasn't willing to abandon her 9 kids in order to acheive her happily ever after.

"Hi therapist. I'm Erica. My mom completely abandoned me and put me into foster care because my half brother came back into her life and they fell in love and his dick was worth more than me and my 8 siblings.

Sorry, I had trouble with the Half Bro Step Dad title, therefore I got booted from the family. Fix me, please?"

Yeah. But mom and son need therapy....:confused:
Yeah, I, quite unfortunately, thought abt this again today, and I just want to clarify that I wholeheartedly agree that the two of them should've dropped the whole idea of being in a relationship as soon as it entered both of their minds bc it's just way too much for her OTHER children to deal with, regardless of the law, but like you said, to have to deal with the psychological repercussions of being given up by your mother so she could.... Have sex with the half brother you never knew existed? Or even if she didn't have to give up her children, but instead, the young ones call him "Dad-bro"? Yeah that won't blow up your brain. :confused:

It amazes me.. I enjoy my alcohol all the time and yet hardly ever in excess - maybe it's an age maturity thing? Damn am I admittedly aging :(

It amazes me.. I enjoy my alcohol all the time and yet hardly ever in excess - maybe it's an age maturity thing? Damn am I admittedly aging :(
It's the waking up the next day... After a couple of decades, you stop bouncing back with the "vim and vigor" of your youth! ;) even now, if I want to be awake for the rest of an evening, I won't have a glass of wine with dinner. At my last birthday outing, over the course of the night, a few friends bought me shots... A total of 3 for the night (& no other alcoholic beverages). I wasn't hungover the next day, but I felt like a pile of lumpy laundry. I accomplished nothing.

What? Not one mention of the matching tear drop tattoos? The family that thugs together....:cheers:
Me and my cannibal hillbilly cousins believe in the family slaying together, staying together. Damnit Jimbob stop throwing those tomatoes at me. Fucking joke wasn't THAT bad...:p

The fact that they are both aware of their genetic relationship to one another, but have elected to have a sexual relationship as well, is what bothers me.

If he didn't know he was her son, or she didn't know, then OK, I guess I get it.

If they had a sexual relationship prior to knowing about their genetic relationship, then OK, that makes some sense, I could understand not wanting to lose a quality relationship with someone else. I don't condone it, but it makes some logical sense in that context.

But choosing to continue an incestuous relationship? Asking people to give you money and support your incestuous relationship?

I dunno, man. What people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is up to them. But ick, personally, and why would you want it to be public knowledge?

I wonder if they're trying to use the fact that he was adopted, and there for no longer "legally" her son anymore as a loophole or something?
Maybe they are dumb enough to try!
Incest statutes seem to apply to adults only. If the child is under 18, then the parent is arrested for child sexual abuse, not incest.

Lots of details and photos of their humble homes. The news item refers to her "mobile home" but it is an old RV. Definitely mobile, but not the same thing.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-SAVE-abusive-men-met-gave-adoption-baby.html

Last edited:
Something that crossed my mind.. I dunno if I might be seen as playing devil's advocate here, but if the ruling is they cannot procreate together, because of the possible genetic problems, doesn't that also mean that other people who have genetic disorders, such as Down Syndrome or sickle cell anemia should also be punished for procreating? Just food for thought here...

Something that crossed my mind.. I dunno if I might be seen as playing devil's advocate here, but if the ruling is they cannot procreate together, because of the possible genetic problems, doesn't that also mean that other people who have genetic disorders, such as Down Syndrome or sickle cell anemia should also be punished for procreating? Just food for thought here...

It cant be ruled that they never procreate, it can be a condition of probation or something like that but the person would have to be in agreement to the terms of probation.

Woah, that would be a slippery slope.
That would be a violation of the ada (americans with a disability act)

Woah, that would be a slippery slope.
That would be a violation of the ada (americans with a disability act)
It was vilified for a reason- they had plenty of genetic examples back in the day- sterilize their asses and who gives a fuck since it's in the best interest she wrote off her other kids apparently. ♡♡

I think the fact that she did give him up for adoption does make a difference. Had he been raised by her it would be possible and likely that she groomed him and manipulated him into thinking this was ok. Since she couldnt have done that I dont think it should be illegal. Them having sex is gross and sick to me but lots of couples are gross to me.

Also if they had a kid chances are pretty good the kid would be fine, other than having mom,dad,grandma, and brother in the same room when there is only two people there.

I think the fact that she did give him up for adoption does make a difference. Had he been raised by her it would be possible and likely that she groomed him and manipulated him into thinking this was ok. Since she couldnt have done that I dont think it should be illegal. Them having sex is gross and sick to me but lots of couples are gross to me.

Also if they had a kid chances are pretty good the kid would be fine, other than having mom,dad,grandma, and brother in the same room when there is only two people there.
Chances are HIGH the child won't be okay.

Chances are HIGH the child won't be okay.
actually, in first generation insest they really arent, much less so than was once thought. Mom would have to carry a recessive gene for something, and the son would have to carry it, and both the recessive genes would have to be passed to the kid. More often than not, the babies are fine....at least physically.

http://www.larasig.com/node/2020
~Incestuous Unions

(Usually First-Degree Relatives) Parents & Siblings

Risk above general population:

31.4% for death........
6.8% to 11.2% for significant birth defects (extrapolated)[trend will continue] from first-cousin data)~

I DON'T care who she fucks STERILIZE her. She has at least 10 kids she has walked away from. Now your playing high stakes. Really. NOT. FUCKING CARVE ALL THAT SHIT OUT. FUCK WHO SHE WANTS. IT'S VILE. I DON'T EVEN IDENTIFY TO A CERTAIN RELIGION & THIS IS A NO NO.

~Incestuous Unions
(Usually First-Degree Relatives) Parents & Siblings
Risk above general population:
31.4% for death........
6.8% to 11.2% for significant birth defects (extrapolated)[trend will continue] from first-cousin data)~
There are many studies and they range from a 2% higher risk to over 50% higher risk, almost all of the studies are flawed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/04/us/few-risks-seen-to-the-children-of-1st-cousins.html

http://news.health.com/2013/07/03/birth-defect-risk-doubles-in-children-born-to-cousins-study/

If you factor in the likelihood of mom having a recessive gene that can cause illness, coupled with the likelihood that she passed that to her son, coupled with the likelihood that they would pass both traits to a baby....The math is the math.

I DON'T care who she fucks STERILIZE her. She has at least 10 kids she has walked away from. Now your playing high stakes. Really. NOT. FUCKING CARVE ALL THAT SHIT OUT

Well ok, I will try.

At least she doesn't appear to be pregnant from this romance.

http://www.easternnewmexiconews.com...s/incest-couple-accepts-plea-deal/151394.html

March 16, 2017
CLOVIS - A Clovis mother and son are expected to spend the next three years on probation - including 18 months without contacting each other - after reaching a plea agreement in an incest case on Wednesday.

Monica Mares, 36, and Caleb Peterson, 20, were arrested in February 2016, accused of having a sexual relationship with one another.

"Everything that needed to be said has been said in court," Peterson said after the proceeding. He declined additional comment.
[...]

Mares' trial was set to begin with jury selection on Wednesday. She and Peterson were both charged with third-degree incest, which District Judge Drew Tatum said could carry a sentence of three years in jail and a $5,000 fine.

Tatum told both defendants in separate hearings Wednesday morning that they are not allowed any physical or verbal contact during the first 18 months of their probation.

After that, they can have contact as long as it is not "contrary to state law," and they can leave the state, said District Attorney Andrea Reeb.

Both parties pleaded no contest, but Reeb said Mares was adjudicated as guilty in her agreement, while Peterson was not. She said both can have the charges removed from their records if they abide by the terms of their probation.

"I've talked to a lot of people about the appropriate remedy here, and I don't believe prison is that remedy," Reeb told the judge Wednesday.

She said she has expressed to Mares and Peterson that they can either appeal to the New Mexico Legislature to change the law on incestuous relationships or they can move to a state where it is not prohibited.

"We do not believe that sending her (Mares) to jail would do her any good, or Peterson," Reeb said.

Reeb and defense attorneys said neither Mares nor Peterson had a prior criminal record.

"I think it was a fair resolution," said Mares' attorney, Brett Carter. "She has been subject to a lot of threats and been ridiculed in the community. Hopefully, this will put a stop to that. I think she would just like to have this over with."

Back