• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

TheMorningStar

is a catcus
090314murdernl06A_zps401f12ae.jpg

Yamiley Mathurin, who was a 17-year-old high school junior in 2010 when she allegedly lured pizza delivery man Richel Nova to his death in a vacant Hyde Park home, pleaded guilty today to manslaughter and armed robbery charges.

Mathurin entered the plea before Suffolk Superior Court Judge Linda Giles, who is presiding over what would have been a three-person first-degree murder trial of Mathurin, her then-boyfriend Alexander Gallet, and their friend, Michel St. Jean.

At the time of Nova’s slaying, Gallet was 18 years old and St. Jean was 20.

Nova, a delivery man for Domino’s Pizza, was stabbed 16 times and robbed of more than $100 in cash, as well as the pizza, chicken wings, and a liter of Sprite ordered by the trio, according to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office.
Wearing thick black glasses, she said she understood that she still faces up to 20 years to life in prison for the guilty plea. Mathurin said she is taking medication for depression and anxiety.

Originally charged with first degree murder, which carries a life without parole sentence, Mathurin faces a maximum of 20 years imprisonment for the manslaughter charge.

Mathurin’s guilty plea came on the second day of jury selection in the murder trial.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...dmits-guilt/AmvcG6i7fAmtuL5G4NnuQO/story.html

They killed a pizza delivery driver? What kind of bullshit is that. Get a fucking job you worthless parasites. How much did they even think they were gonna get from this guy anyway?

What a senseless crime- I hope the other 2 will just plead guilty too & save the victims family from having to sit through a trial. But I also hope pleading guilty won't reduce the 20 yr. sentences they would all receive.

I remember hearing about this case when it first happened a few years ago. They stabbed this poor guy 16 times just to rob him of $100, PIZZA & CHICKEN WINGS! Something about them taking the damn food always got me- did they actually sit down & eat that food after killing this man?! It shows how cold & ruthless, yet young & immature these teens were!

Plus I have a soft spot for older pizza delivery drivers- my uncle put both his sons through college by working a 2nd job as a pizza guy-- and the victim in this case was delivering pizzas as his 3rd job to support his family!

So next time you order delivery & the driver doesn't look like he/she's saving up for Spring Break, consider tipping a little extra!!!;)

Scumbags like these would kill their own mother for $5.00 if given a chance. These individuals are the ones who go back to the parole boards over and over asking for a 2nd chance. Well their victim or the victim's family didn't get a second chance why should they be given one. I have often said if I was made to choose by God himself what I would prefer my child being killed or my child doing the killing, I would choose my child being killed. I don't think I could handle knowing I raised a child that was capable of that much of hideous and selfish crime. Either way their life is over. :inpain:

Plus I have a soft spot for older pizza delivery drivers- my uncle put both his sons through college by working a 2nd job as a pizza guy--

What a wonderful man to have in your family<3

I had to come back to this post- Sadly my uncle passed away this weekend. I told my mom that I had just mentioned him on here & when she saw your response, it made her smile! So thank you @Krystal for being so sweet!

<3RIP Uncle Larry, you are loved, missed & remembered always<3

I had to come back to this post- Sadly my uncle passed away this weekend. I told my mom that I had just mentioned him on here & when she saw your response, it made her smile! So thank you @Krystal for being so sweet!

Sorry for your loss :(.

A good man like that will live on in fond memories forever. Sorry for the loss to you & your family.

I am so sorry for your family's loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Your Mom had an amazing brother, you should all always remember him fondly!

Two Boston men were sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after being found guilty of the September 2010 murder of a pizza delivery man.

Alexander Gallett, 22, and Michel St. Jean, 24, were convicted of first degree murder in the killing of 58-year-old Richel Nova. Nova was robbed and killed after delivering a food order to a Hyde Park home the three had broken into.
Gallett apologized to Nova’s family during the sentencing hearing. St. Jean and Mathurin did not speak.
Yamiley Mathurin, pleaded guilty to manslaughter before the trial began. She was sentenced to 17 to 20 years in prison. Mathurin called the food order in and invited Nova into the house, where he was stabbed 16 times.
1578344565958.png
1578344574666.png

Gallett looked for releif but was denied.

The family of a Boston pizza delivery man has filed a $15 million wrongful death and negligence lawsuit against Domino’s Pizza Inc. and Deutsche Bank after he was lured to a vacant home owned by the bank, then robbed and stabbed to death.

Fifty-eight-year-old Richel Nova was killed Sept. 1, 2010 in Boston.

An attorney said Wednesday that Nova’s son and estate administrator, Irving Lara, alleges in a lawsuit that Domino’s failed to post delivery driver security instructions and should have known that accepting a customer’s request to send a driver to the back of a home created a higher risk of criminal assault.

The lawsuit also alleges New York City-based Deutsche Bank failed to secure the vacant building from criminal use.

Back