• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://bossierpress.com/woman-who-made-up-child-molestation-story-arrested/
Carrie Rivers, wanted for falsely accusing a father of molesting his 5-month old daughter, turned herself in to Bossier Sheriff’s Office detectives this morning. She was transported to the Bossier Maximum Security Facility for booking and charged with False Swearing – Violating Public Health; Unauthorized Use of a Movable; and Improper Telecommunications and Harassment. She faces a $35,000 bond.

ORIGINAL STORY:

Bossier Sheriff’s Office detectives are looking for a Shreveport woman who made a false claim of sexual child abuse against a man involving his 5-month old female child. Her fake accusation caused an investigation that became quite invasive for the little girl through unnecessary medical testing, involved numerous man hours for law enforcement officers, as well as the temporary removal of the father from the home, all done unnecessarily from her bogus claim.
[....]
Rivers babysat the young girl on a daily basis for a short period of time this spring. When her babysitting services were no longer needed in late May, she was let go. She apparently became upset over payment, and a week later, she sent a threatening text to the girl’s mother saying that the father had molested his young daughter. She also told the mother she had a photo to prove it.

That same day on May 30, the 5-month-old child was brought to the hospital, where she was subjected to a collection of evidence in a sexual assault case, all which are standard operating procedures, but unnecessary in this case because the accusations by Rivers were made up. There were no findings of sexual assault on the infant.

In the meantime, the father was temporarily removed from the residence during the investigation. When Bossier Sheriff’s detectives asked Rivers for the photo, she said she couldn’t find it. They then asked her to come in for an interview and bring her phone with the photo on it so they could retrieve the photo. That’s when Rivers became uncooperative and said she wouldn’t help anymore until she was paid more money for babysitting.

As detectives continued their investigation, Rivers soon confessed that there was no child abuse and that she made the story up in order to make the couple mad.

Rivers is also wanted on two other charges of unauthorized use of a movable for taking the phone belonging to the mother of the 5-month-old without her permission and also improper telecommunications by harassing the mother when she sent her threatening messages.
[....]
Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington. “Our deputies and detectives will diligently investigate each and every case and make the appropriate charges.

“But when someone like Rivers makes false accusations, causing undue stress on another family, causing this young child to undergo invasive testing, triggering numerous hours of investigations and medical exams that weren’t warranted, our detectives will work just as hard to bring false accusers to justice.”
Carrie-RiversBooking-Photo.27-June-2016-696x983_zpsvyssjvwc.jpg

This woman is a piece of work.

And that piece of work is made up of pure shyte. WTF was she thinking when she made those very damning, harmful, allegations knowing she had absolutely zilch to back them. One can suppose that her allegations were a result of the rage she felt when she was notified that her services were no longer required but her false allegations exposed more about her in the end than her victims.

"May 30, the 5-month-old child was brought to the hospital" From a male perspective not only did this lady disrupt the couples lives and waste law enforcement time, She drove a complete wedge into the couples marriage. The simple statement pasted above shows the wife didn't even trust her husband over the claims of a disgruntled babysitter, If I were in this particular situation I wouldn't feel the same about my wife due to her distrust.

The simple statement pasted above shows the wife didn't even trust her husband over the claims of a disgruntled babysitter, If I were in this particular situation I wouldn't feel the same about my wife due to her distrust.

That's remarkably self-important of you. Or perhaps just woefully naive. Have you never been wronged by someone you trust?

If my husband got this kind of information from a babysitter accusing me, and took our daughter directly to the hospital, he'd get a gold star for parenting, and I'd pat myself on the back for picking well.

It's not distrust. It's erring on the side of caution. That's a thing you do when you have a kid, and allegations of sexual abuse arise.

The simple statement pasted above shows the wife didn't even trust her husband over the claims of a disgruntled babysitter,

But the mother didn't know the claims were false until after it was investigated.

I'm with @Athena ...Gold Star!

Fucking trouble maker...All this mess and probably ill at the thought that you left your kid

with this woman at all.

It may have been a joint decision with both parents attending her exam... just a thought.

Two loving parents...But that didn't happen because as a precaution until the charge could be validated or tossed the Dad was forced to relocate. Shame...what an awful woman.

Could be they went to prove to LE that it didn't happen? It may have been a joint decision with both parents attending her exam... just a thought. It's what I think I would have done in the same situation.

I'm in agreement with you as once accusations were made I would have reacted in doing anything and everything to ensure that no molestation of my child had taken place as the babysitter may have been bent enough to sexually harm the child to strengthen the accusations she made. Both parents acted responsibly in the situation putting the child first.

Oops, forgot that part... trying to work and DD at the same time can be distracting... :shame:

Its a shame though that they both couldn't be there to lean on each other.

especially after the fact...it makes it worse somehow that she couldn't

have him by her side....the guy is obviously alright.

The disturbing part of this story not the woman that lied, but the couple. " Some people are so gullible, lack common sense, mental fortitude, trust and the ability to think and analyze a situation before reacting. They are to blame for putting the girl through all this and stress themselves. All this could have been prevented if the mother just ignored the text message. My reaction would have been "lol yeah ok go fuck yourself" *delete text* end of story.i mean seriously. Lmao,

I disagree. If they had blown off the text and not gotten a timely exam, it would have been much harder to prove that no abuse occurred if the woman went to the police later. This way, they have the lack of physical evidence on their side, plus they avoid looking like they have something to hide.

Batshit crazy cannot be safely ignored.

Back