• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
Soooo, I'm not even going to look for a pic of this shit on Google. You can do it your damn self.
In other news....... WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. If this truly happened, fuck life. Fuck everything about it.

A San Antonio woman has sued Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen and its local franchisee saying the fast-food chain served her rice and beans that had flesh-eating screwworms.

Karen Goode says in her lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Bexar County district court, that the screwworms entered her digestive tract and laid eggs, which became embedded in the interior lining of her small intestine. When the eggs hatched, they infested her body and began to eat her “alive from the inside-out.”

Patrick Stolmeier, Goode’s San Antonio lawyer, said she became ill and couldn’t work. As a result, she lost her business, her house and vehicles, he said.

Goode seeks more than $1 million in damages from Atlanta-based Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Inc. and Sugarland’s Z&H Foods Inc., the chain’s local franchisee.

Link

Soooo, I'm not even going to look for a pic of this shit on Google. You can do it your damn self.
In other news....... WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. If this truly happened, fuck life. Fuck everything about it.

Link
they were found again last year in the keys killing deer. They are dangerous spread by a special fly and a serious threat to cattle. They start out by a fly laying mirror eyes in a little cut and burrow under the skin growing off of flesh and muscle until they seriously damage or kill the host. They are the true alien horror in reality they were eradicated in the 60s 70s but now are back. I was running around like chicken little when I read the article on the deer

What a load of shit.

Is it even a medical fact that she did in fact have these?

How can they prove she got it from popeyes? Did she eat nothing else?

I find it far more likely she got it from something she prepared herself, something home made, or from some meat she purchased from the store. Fast food is processed to the fucking moon, i find it hard to believe something like this could happen to the overly prepped garbage they serve.

Not to mention, Popeyes serves under-nourished, absurdly tiny chickens. Even a fly would be smart enough to see that that's not going to be a healthy, profitable host for its eggs. Even a fly is gonna see these undersized tiny chickens Popeyes is trying to pass off as normal regular sized birds and think, "holy shit, the fuck are these scumbags trying to pull? This chickenl ooks like it's about to pass out and die, i'm not stuffin my parasitic eggs in its flesh, they'll be dead in a day!"

On a side note, Popeyes has lost me as a devout worshipper. The chicken size has been getting smaller and smaller and smaller over the years, and now it's downright comical how small the pieces are. A popeyes chicken breast is often smaller than a normal chicken thigh, certainly smaller then chicken thigh of other fast food places. And a Popeyes thigh is smaller then many wings/legs elsewhere. Whoever supplies their chicken MUST be butchering them before they're fully grown, or they're operating such a low rent, pisspoor factory/corporate coop situation that the chickens simply aren't healthy or well nourished and only grow to absurdly tiny sizes as a result. Either way, it's simply incredible how tiny the chicken pieces are and i've lost respect for the establishment as a result.

Still tastes better then garbage ass KFC though. I'll take Chicken Express over any of em in a Allah damned heartbeat.

Last edited:
Nope just nope...so gross and I'm thanking God I don't eat any kind of fast food right now :vomit:
And I did the speedy scroll past the pictures...can't even look at it, not gonna do it.

Screwworms lay their eggs in vital tissues, not Popeye's dirty rice. Or "Cajun style", they call it.

I am calling shenanigans.

--Al

WHY PK, WHHYYYYYY?!
it's something that can be a serious threat out here, notice my mouth was zipped here and every other socila media until it ws brought up then I had to had and freak. If she had real screwworms which probably didn't come i the meal where would she have gotten them???? :jawdrop: she knows some place that has them or someone that put them in the food does, that's in Texas they spread fast and already have like I have said been found in Fla again:woot:

What a load of shit.

Is it even a medical fact that she did in fact have these?

How can they prove she got it from popeyes? Did she eat nothing else?

I find it far more likely she got it from something she prepared herself, something home made, or from some meat she purchased from the store. Fast food is processed to the fucking moon, i find it hard to believe something like this could happen to the overly prepped garbage they serve.

Not to mention, Popeyes serves under-nourished, absurdly tiny chickens. Even a fly would be smart enough to see that that's not going to be a healthy, profitable host for its eggs. Even a fly is gonna see these undersized tiny chickens Popeyes is trying to pass off as normal regular sized birds and think, "holy shit, the fuck are these scumbags trying to pull? This chickenl ooks like it's about to pass out and die, i'm not stuffin my parasitic eggs in its flesh, they'll be dead in a day!"

On a side note, Popeyes has lost me as a devout worshipper. The chicken size has been getting smaller and smaller and smaller over the years, and now it's downright comical how small the pieces are. A popeyes chicken breast is often smaller than a normal chicken thigh, certainly smaller then chicken thigh of other fast food places. And a Popeyes thigh is smaller then many wings/legs elsewhere. Whoever supplies their chicken MUST be butchering them before they're fully grown, or they're operating such a low rent, pisspoor factory/corporate coop situation that the chickens simply aren't healthy or well nourished and only grow to absurdly tiny sizes as a result. Either way, it's simply incredible how tiny the chicken pieces are and i've lost respect for the establishment as a result.

Still tastes better then garbage ass KFC though. I'll take Chicken Express over any of em in a Allah damned heartbeat.

I love Chicken Express! Their kitchen cut green beans are delish.

Whoever supplies their chicken MUST be butchering them before they're fully grown
:shrug: Industry standard, Jack. Cornish x Rock crosses have a tendency to fall over dead at about three months, so they get dressed out well before that.

--Al

:shrug: Industry standard, Jack. Cornish x Rock crosses have a tendency to fall over dead at about three months, so they get dressed out well before that.

--Al

Well the majority of chicken restuarants do not follow the same "industry standard" then, cuz Popeyes is in a shit league of its own when it comes to baby chickens being served.

Well the majority of chicken restuarants do not follow the same "industry standard" then, cuz Popeyes is in a shit league of its own when it comes to baby chickens being served.
if they don't they can be turned in and should here are regulations for a reason

if they don't they can be turned in and should here are regulations for a reason

You're saying these other restaurants like KFC and Chicken Express and all the rest should face repurcussions for not serving baby chickens to customers?

You're saying these other restaurants like KFC and Chicken Express and all the rest should face repurcussions for not serving baby chickens to customers?
I haven't been to any of them in a good 25 years but I do know that [neighbor has chickens] the real chickens like their eggs are a world different and only these German ones he got are huge fat naturally, the others tend to look scrawny but taste good, they haven't been pumped with steroids and who knows what so they don't get as big but they are tastier. If compared to the buffed out superchicken they do look like babies but were able to live long enough to do the basics of what chickens like to do

I'll take decent sized portions for my money.

And there's def something up with Popeyes chickens. I highly doubt the reason the chickens are so small is cuz they're going with some all natural, hoity toity, organic chicken supplier who isn't pumping them full of steroids and who knows what. Plus you have the fact that they've been getting smaller and smaller and smaller over the years.

Not to mention, the taste of some of these other places like Chicken Express, with their large chicken pieces, is still delicious. If the culprit is roided up birds, it's def not effecting the taste in a detrimental way.

OMG ... their coleslaw !!! And their biscuits are to die for.

Lol I dont like their biscuits! Or their coleslaw. I only like their diet sprite. Its fucking fantastic! Drops my fucking panties every time...
[doublepost=1486966789,1486966495][/doublepost]
Hate it. Way too much coating on the tiny pcs of chicken.

Plus, im for sure not interested in eating anything with flesh eating worms in it.
Motha fucka, you ain't even tried Popeye's until you've tried their deep fried flesh eating worms yo!

Sincerely,

Oh its character time! Yes it is! It is that time of year again, right before I go off the fucking deep end! Will have to know more about this guy before I name him though...

Last edited:
@lithiumgirl , I love their biscuits! It's like the cornbread bars from Boston Market, they are the perfect little appetizer for the ride home. :cat:

From one of the articles, it's utterly fascinating how the government stepped in and eradicated the screwworm population without pesticides!

In the 1950s, the USDA embarked on an ambitious project to rid the country of the agricultural pest. Its plan was a bit closer to “kill it with fire” than “shoo, fly” — with gamma radiation and X-rays supplying the fire.

The government raised young screwworms by the millions, and bombarded the larvae with gamma and X-rays. Thus rendered infertile, the adult flies were released en masse across the Southeast and West. By the end of the 1950s, a “fly factory” in Sebring, Fla., churned out 50 million sterile flies a week. Unable to find fecund mates, the U.S. screwworm population crashed, first in pockets and then across the country.

By the end of the 1960s, the fly had vanished from the United States. In each subsequent year, the lack of screwworms has saved the livestock industry $900 million, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture estimate.

The Agriculture Department also set its sights southward, helping eliminate the flies in Jamaica, Mexico and parts of Central America. Panama marks the “buffer zone” between the fly zones in South America and the screwworm-free north, Edward B. Knipling, the son of the entomologist who came up with the birth control plan, told NPR in June.

U.S. infections since the eradication effort have been isolated cases, typically the result of traveling abroad.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-from-the-inside-out/?utm_term=.ac428ba0f7f7

If she did get these worms from Popeyes. How the hell didn't she see them when she started to eat her food? How did she not taste it when she ate them? To make this lawsuit even happen I want to see other people coming forward that got flesh eating worms from Popeyes because if she got them from Popeyes then there are others!! i love Popeyes chicken but agree with jack.. There chicken is getting small and smaller. Just like the ultimate feast at red lobster. The lobster tails r smaller and food is smaller. Sucks so bad
I k it's garbage to eat but I still love there chicken

and fries at popeyes.

As disgruntled as i am about the chicken, they do have some of the best fries in all of fast food. I'd give him top 3 honestly.

How the hell didn't she see them when she started to eat her food? How did she not taste it when she ate them?

The red beans and rice is so delicious that it's understandable someone wouldn't notice something like that. IT'd take more then some flies or fly eggs to destroy how good that shit is.

FUCK their chicken though. Still mad.

Back