• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
LOUISVILLE, KY – Roquel Bain was killed after being stuck by a train while investigating the mythical Pope Lick Monster – a half-man, half-goat creature that tricks people into getting hit by a train.

Bain, 26, and her boyfriend came to Louisville from Dayton, Ohio on Saturday to take part in a paranormal tour scheduled from 10 p.m. to midnight. Before the tour started, the couple decided to investigate the Pope Lick Monster.

The creature reportedly lives under the Pope Lick train trestle and lures people to their deaths by having them walk on the trestle, which stands 80 to 100 feet high, and get hit by an oncoming train.

As the couple were walking along the trestle, a Norfolk Southern train came barreling towards them at around 30 mph. Realizing they did not have time to run for safety, the couple decided to hang from the sides of trestle until the train passed.

The train’s engineer sounded his horn and put on the brakes, but it would be too late for Bain who, unlike her boyfriend, was unable to clear the tracks in time. After being hit by the train, Bain was thrown 80 feet to the ground. She would be pronounced dead at the scene. Her boyfriend survived the incident with no injuries.

Residents say the Pope Lick Monster legend has been around for decades and that the trestle is a popular spot for teenagers and ghost hunters, despite the warnings to stay away. Residents added that some thrill-seekers are unaware that the tracks are active.

Not too surprisingly, Bain isn’t the first person we’ve reported on who ended up kissing a moving Norfolk Southern train while investigating an urban legend on a trestle.

Back in 2010, a man in North Carolina was killed while investigating a ghost train with a group of ghost hunters. Like Bain, he was unable to clear the trestle he was on before being struck by an oncoming train and thrown from the trestle.

Also, in 2012, two teenage girls in Missouri were trying to see a ghost train when they were killed by a very real Amtrak passenger train that smashed into the vehicle they were sitting in.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

1f4TovyWDKM

Continue reading...

Way to go boyfriend! Protecting your woman, and all that.

Here's hoping others are smart enough to avoid ever marrying your selfish ass.

Yeah, I know...I wasn't there to see everything that happened.

Now I wanna go and see this Pope Lick (laughing my ass off), thing for myself...

Anybody wanna join me? I promise to not let you get hit by a train...

I'm guilty of having walked train tracks for miles. The one I walked was also frequently used, but I did it anyway despite the dangers. Teenagers used to jump off the nearby low bridge all the time, so I wasn't too worried about my escape route as the creek underneath wasn't that deep. You really have to pay attention, because those trains can sneak right up on you. You would think you'd hear it coming in time, but that's not always the case. If one does come I advise getting way off the tracks. More than once I saw trains throw those railroad spikes while zipping along. Flattened a lot of coins leaving them on the railroad crossing tracks about the time I knew a train would be flying by. Ah, the good old days.

How do you come by a name like Pope Lick? Our town and county were actually named after a person, so what did they do, walk up on the beautiful scenery, unspoiled wilderness and go "I know just the name for this beautiful spot---POPE LICK!?

Not even Pope'S Lick, then you might would think you were named after the Pope's favorite (whatever he liked to lick).

I wanna take a trip to go catch the goatman.

When I was a kid, it was bigfoot. But I'm starting to think bigfoot doesn't actually exist. But a goatman...cool!

Who wants to go camping? I promise to stay in my own sleeping bag.

I wanna take a trip to go catch the goatman.

When I was a kid, it was bigfoot. But I'm starting to think bigfoot doesn't actually exist. But a goatman...cool!

Who wants to go camping? I promise to stay in my own sleeping bag.

No fucking thanks!

Creepy assed shit like that can STAY uncaught.

And Rod. Nobody believes that. o_O

I read this yesterday in Satanica's thread. I was intrigued by the whole myth side of the story and the quotes attributed to "many residents", like this from the linked article above.

Many residents in the area say the myth has been taking the lives of many over the past couple of decades.

"I see a train pass every thirty minutes or so. It's shocking, people hear about so many deaths and they still take the risk," Michelle burns said.

I spent a little time googling for previous deaths on this trestle ......

This appears to be the first one. It just confirms what we all know, I guess. That news media will print whatever they want to sell a story. I don't believe they didn't research to find previous incidents to fatten up the story with, so my cyncical fallback position seems safe atm.

I know I'm not exactly a google mastermind though. I wonder if anyone else here can find anything?

I believe a back woods mountain man is just tricking wayward travelers onto the trestle to appease the endless steel serpent of this special track. It seems to be working if the trains are still running.
That fucking steel track, insults my manhood I tell ya.

I read this yesterday in Satanica's thread. I was intrigued by the whole myth side of the story and the quotes attributed to "many residents", like this from the linked article above.

I spent a little time googling for previous deaths on this trestle ......

This appears to be the first one. It just confirms what we all know, I guess. That news media will print whatever they want to sell a story. I don't believe they didn't research to find previous incidents to fatten up the story with, so my cyncical fallback position seems safe atm.

I know I'm not exactly a google mastermind though. I wonder if anyone else here can find anything?
Quit taking all the fun out of the Goatman, dammit!

You and your damn logic. :grumpy:

Quit taking all the fun out of the Goatman, dammit!

You and your damn logic. :grumpy:

In my experience, debunking a myth only strengthens it.

And besides .... Goatman has a real victim now.

Long live Goatman!

In one of the articles I read about the Pope Lick Monster, I saw a quote about it being very hard to do what the bf apparently did. (Hang off the side while the train passed.) Apparently the poor grip and massive vibrations make it almost impossible.

Is that better, Fo?

Last edited:
Back