• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Hellsbells

Trusted Member
streamwood-sketch.jpg

A dead infant found in a garbage can of a northwest suburban business on Friday afternoon was strangled, an autopsy determined.

The death has been ruled a homicide.

Streamwood police and paramedics responded to a call from the Salvation Army store, in the 1000 block of South Barrington Road, after the infant was found unresponsive in the washroom.

The newborn, a 6 pound, 11 ounce boy about 18" long, was found wrapped in plastic in the trash receptacle with his umbilical cord still attached. It's believed the bag was used to strangle the boy.

He was pronounced dead on the scene, a release from Streamwood police said.

Store officials told police the woman appeared pregnant when she walked into the store Friday morning and asked a manager to use an employee restroom. She walked out an hour later, they said.

"She looked distressed [and] disheveled. [The manager] sent a worker to into the store to check on the status of the bathroom, discovered some blood on the floor and then subsequent to that we discovered -- the worker discovered -- a fetus in the wastepaper basket," said Streamwood Deputy Chief James Keegan.

A composite sketch of the mother was released Saturday. Police believe the mother gave birth between 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. in the store's washroom and may have come in with another woman and child.

She was described as a Hispanic female between 15 and 25 years old. She stood between 5 feet and 5 feet, 4 inches tall and had long dark hair, police said. She was last seen wearing a purple hooded sweatshirt and a lime green coat.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/steamwood-dead-baby-133300013.html?rr=td

With all the safe havens that babies can be taken to, or dropped off at, why, why, why kill an innocent newborn baby???

I don't understand why a woman was allowed to stay in a bathroom at a business and nobody wondering what she ws doing in there.

If it was a one-seater then others should have been wanting in to use it and if a multi-seater then someone should have noticed her, I just don't think that you can give birth silently, completely silently anyway!

Obviously she managed it. I guess that folks were just ignoring the moans and grunts coming out of the stall down the way. Geeze Louise!

Hispanics just don't do this. This must have been a baby from rape or incest.

So only whites, blacks, asians and "other" races do? I really don't get your statement... You could very well be correct, and more power to you if you are, but I admit, this is one of the most bizarre responses I have read on D'D

A lot of Hispanics are Catholic and don't even believe in birth control. They usually/culturally consider children gifts from God and blessings.

I don't know what the statistics are on race and infanticide/neo-naticide, but most Hispanic cultures aren't notorious for it. Generally they have large families with tons of kids and they take a lot of pride in their families.

Sadly, this issue transcends culture, race, socieconomic status and all other factors to some degree.

I just feel like hispanics have ... eh... what's the word I want? A Better sense of family, Closer. Tight knit. I'm not saying it's just reserved to blacks and whites, I just think that since hispanics are tighter than the rest of us, it's much harder to hide a pregnancy. There would also be a greater chance of someone in the family taking the child.
I guess I am just surprised that they assume the birth vessel is hispanic.

I just feel like hispanics have ... eh... what's the word I want? A Better sense of family, Closer. Tight knit. I'm not saying it's just reserved to blacks and whites, I just think that since hispanics are tighter than the rest of us, it's much harder to hide a pregnancy. There would also be a greater chance of someone in the family taking the child.

and hopefully that will lead to a swift identification of her. I mean family recognizing her.

Perhaps Athena failed to mention "as far as I have experienced" .... but yeah. Odd.

Ok, my confusion demands that I ask; what's with calling out [MENTION=49]Athena[/MENTION] on posts she hasn't touched?

It's kinda weird, and frankly, that's my job.

Being weird.

Not calling out Athena.

Ok, my confusion demands that I ask; what's with calling out @Athena on posts she hasn't touched?

It's kinda weird, and frankly, that's my job.

Being weird.

Not calling out Athena.
Probably an "A" name boo-boo and intended Amazon. Just a guess.

Probably an "A" name boo-boo and intended Amazon. Just a guess.

Whoops! Yes. Athena/Amazon was my bad. I did want clarification on the whole cultural thing.. I see what you are saying now. I'm probably too depressed at the moment to really make myself clear. I sorta think that.... if a mother is gonna kill her newborn... well... i mean, it's not even isolated to species... birds do it... bees do it... even educated fleas do it, and then 9 months later sometimes they do this :(

and hopefully that will lead to a swift identification of her. I mean family recognizing her.

IF they recognize her and IF they give her up. I'm thinking maybe some families deal with unwanted pregnancies, pregnancies from rape, incest or whatever, however they can. Sometimes, out of sight, out of mind. If baby is gone, we don't have to even think of him.

Now, what I have said is not from personal experience, nor do I know anyone (who would actually admit it) who's had a baby by incest or rape. Just my thinking.

That's ridiculous. Immigrants and teen pregnancies are the primary contributers to "dumpster babies". Take a minute to read some of the abandoned/murdered newborns on this site, you may be surprised by how many are hispanic.

Odd mistake to make twice, [MENTION=4511]blacksheep[/MENTION].

Not odd for me, unfortunatley. I'm quite pleasantly mad. I'm lucky I had boy/girl twins, because I wouldn't be able to tell them apart if they were identical. My grandmother had early onset dementia at age 55, after having something like 21 kids... and i swear... my brain is fading just like hers did... i only have three kids though.... I think I have about fifteen years left before I start brushing my teeth with a fork and coming my hair with a toothbrush.

Ok, look. A penny. Or maybe it's a pound. No, neither because we use metric here... (this was what my brain was chattering as I type. There are no pennies or pounds, it just alliterates so nicely, like Athena and Amazon...)

God, why did the doc say I was so ontop of it all I should try getting off meds? I think he was high.

Person in custody after baby found dead in trash
STREAMWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in Streamwood say they are questioning a person of interest about a newborn baby who was found strangled at a store in the northwest suburb.
The person was taken into custody Tuesday morning, but police will not say whether if it was the child's mother.
Investigators say the baby boy was found Friday afternoon inside a Salavation Army store on South Barrington Road.
[...]
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8423742

Teen Charged with Death of Newborn Found in Salvation Army Store Bathroom

Streamwood, Ill. - A 19-year-old northwest suburban woman has been charged with murder in the death of her newborn son, who was found dead in a garbage can in the restroom of a Salvation Army store in Streamwood last week.

Jessica Cruz of Osage Lane in Hanover Park has been charged with first-degree murder and concealment of a homicidal death, according to Streamwood police.

Her infant son was found dead in the restroom of a Salvation Army store at 1080 S. Barrington Road on Friday.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...born-found-salvation-army-store-baby-20111109

jessica-cruz_20111109101814_320_240.jpg

She's 19. Plenty old enough to know what to do with a baby and safe havens.
I still stand by my comment about being surprised she's hispanic.

She's 19. Plenty old enough to know what to do with a baby and safe havens.
I still stand by my comment about being surprised she's hispanic.

I don't know why i am arguing this, because i would love for everyone to think that my family and culture would NEVAH do this, but they do, and just like i won't let someone paint a whole ethnicity with a bad brush i won't let someone make one out to be the best of the knocked up idiots.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/04/newborn_baby_oc_homicide_no_13.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_Alfaro

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2005-01-20/news/psycho-mom/

http://repository.unm.edu/bitstream...port-Mad Women Desperate Girls.pdf?sequence=1 (check the referenced material on page 541)

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/may/30/nation/na-hanging30

I cannot copy paste from a PDF, so please check number 82 in the references on page 541 into 542. It says

"Although the rate of homicide in black children under 5 years of age has declined in recent years it remains substantially higher than white children at 7.4 per 100,000 VS 2.2 per 100,000. Finkelhor, supra note 13 at 18 (rates among hispanics exceed those of whites but are lower than rates among blacks) It has often been observed that rates of homicide of children less than one year old do not vary as much internationally as other homicide rates......

It appears that high rates of black and Hispanic infanticide and child homicide account for US predominance over other industrial nations that may lack large poverty populations.

You here less of the stories about minorities because white women killing their newborns or kids sell more papers. But rest assured all nationalities and ethnicities have one or two of these shameful whores. Hispanic culture can be very family oriented and helpful sure, but a large majority of them are Catholic and that equals shame, especially if you are pregnant and unmarried. So no abortion for you, and tons of dirty looks and talk about what a loose girl your mother raised.

I stand corrected on facts, so thank you, but not on my personal opinion. Not yet, anyway. (I know, makes no sense when i have FACTS, but... eh.)

As long you realize that makes no sense.

My Grandma was full of love for me when i got pregnant at 18. My Dad and Mom sent me to live at a Maternity Home and didn't talk to me till i was almost due.

Back home when in high school I had a friend that was oh so popular with the guys, big O titties I guess and her way with the boys. It was the next year, Jr. year that she kind of fell off the radar wasn't at school. I finally tracked her down but she would not come to the door. Her sister said, she wasn't allowed to go anywhere, see anyone.
I later found out as it was rumored at school, some point confirmed it with a family member who also attended there, that she had dumped her newborn baby boy behind an alley way.
He was found, thank god, by sister who suspected something. She's Latina (Hispanic if you must), and this is only 1 of 3 stories I know of during HS that resulted in babies being dumped by Latina girls. I'm Latina, not saying anything other than this shit happens with ALL races. Sad to say, and ashamed but it has nothing to do with the culture, that yes, I do agree tends to be closer and more family oriented. It has to do with fear and shame and a lack of morals, crosses all boundaries.
Nothing breaks my heart more than a newborn life thrown away like trash.

Baby boy I'll remember you as Valentin Noe Angelito.
asian.jpg

Last edited:
Back