• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...icked-sons-birthday-cake-kroger-employees-say

Police in Bloomfield Township are investigating after local Kroger employees said a woman upset with a pre-ordered birthday cake for her son drop-kicked the cake in the store and walked out.

Officers were called at 2 p.m. on June 11 to the Kroger store at 4099 Telegraph Road to investigate an alleged instance of disorderly conduct.

A manager told police that a woman came into the bakery section of the story to pick up a special order Superman vs. Batman birthday cake for her 7-year-old son.

The woman saw the design on the cake and was not pleased, the manager said, so she went behind the bakery counter and tried to fix it herself.

“Employees told the woman that she could not be behind the counter,” police said in a prepared statement.

“This infuriated the woman, causing her to take the cake to the front of the counter and ‘drop kick’ it.”

Pieces of the cake and frosting flew throughout the store’s bakery section, said the manager.

The woman left the store and kicked a “Wet Floor” sign down on her way out, employees told investigators.

Officers later got the woman’s name and telephone number from the bakery and talked with her. She said the design on the cake was poor quality and not what she expected.

The woman also told authorities she went behind the counter because employees told her to. She denied kicking the cake, saying instead that it slipped out of her hand, police said.

A witness to the incident had a third version of the story, saying the woman threw the cake to the ground, stepped on in several times and yelled, “They [expletive] ruined my 7-year-old’s birthday cake!”

Kroger does not have video of the incident. The investigation remains open.

I have dropped cakes before, they do not fly all over when they hit the floor, they just kinda just hit the floor and smush, the only way it flew all over is because she kicked and stomped it. She did it, she kicked and stomped on a birthday cake. Stressed out much?

Damnit! She destroyed all evidence of a potentially excellent Cake Fail! Really, sometimes you just have to laugh at the mistakes. Her son might have found the goof funny!

If not...scrape it off and put on some icing roses. Kids don't really care, all they want is CAKE.

Damn wish I was there to see it.Probably would have laughed so hard I would've been the next one to be splattered on the floor.:eek:y:

Jeezus, if she loses her shit that easily with strangers, what does she do when she's frustrated with her son?

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...icked-sons-birthday-cake-kroger-employees-say
Police in Bloomfield Township are investigating after local Kroger employees said a woman upset with a pre-ordered birthday cake for her son drop-kicked the cake in the store and walked out.

Officers were called at 2 p.m. on June 11 to the Kroger store at 4099 Telegraph Road to investigate an alleged instance of disorderly conduct.

A manager told police that a woman came into the bakery section of the story to pick up a special orderSuperman vs. Batman birthday cake for her 7-year-old son.

“Employees told the woman that she could not be behind the counter,” police said in a prepared statement.

This infuriated the woman, causing her to take the cake to the front of the counter and ‘drop kick’ it.”
Pieces of the cake and frosting flew throughout the store’s bakery section, said the manager.
The woman left the store and kicked a “Wet Floor” sign down on her way out, employees told investigators.

Officers later got the woman’s name and telephone number from the bakery and talked with her. She said the design on the cake was poor quality and not what she expected.

The woman saw the design on the cake and was not pleased, the manager said, so she went behind the bakery counter and tried to fix it herself.

A manager told police that a woman came into the bakery section of the story to pick up a special orderSuperman vs. Batman birthday cake for her 7-year-old son.

[....]
woman also told authorities she went behind the counter because employees told her to. She denied kicking the cake, saying instead that it slipped out of her hand, police said.

A witness to the incident had a third version of the story, saying the woman threw the cake to the ground, stepped on in several times and yelled, “They [expletive] ruined my 7-year-old’s birthday cake!”

Kroger does not have video of the incident. The investigation remains open.

I have felt this ladys pissed offedness. I ordered a super cute cake and the lady decided not to tell me that the only design she was capable off was a retarded drunk animal they may or may not be a monkey, imagine my surprise when I went to get the cake. I was calm about it, I just told her that my kids theme for her party was not retarded drunk monkey creature and I would like to not buy the cake.

I made my younger son an Ernie cake once, I didn't have a big round pan so I used a cast iron frying pan and then decorated it by hand. I think I did pretty good, everybody knew who it was, Corey didn't care, because CAKE and he was only 2.

Hmm the BvS cake show sounded way the hell better than the BvS movie at least.
Instead she brought home her kid a vanilla ice cream cone and told him it was Lex Luthor so STFU!...lol

As for Krogers ruining the kids birthday...I am thinking mom has been doing that for 7 years steady all on her own.

Someone needs a bex and a lie down. Is that a common saying in America? It's a 40s/50s era one here.

By all means, if you're pissy about the quality, then refuse to purchase it. But don't dropkick the fucking cake. Jeez.

With a parent like this, I have to wonder what kind of terror the kid may be. As a kid, since my birthday is so close to Xmas, I never got birthday parties and often got combo Xmas/birthday gifts. (Sucks when you're 6 lol) But my family always did a super nice cake for me as a way to counteract it.

I was a mad fan of Dolly Varden cakes. (Were they a thing in America?) But honestly? I was a kid. You could have handed me a home made hot mess and I'd have still been all 'sign me up!' because I was a kid and it was cake and sugar. And I got to blow out candles. That's all that ever mattered.

Man, I wish Mom had thrown me a retard drunk monkey creature themed party! Because, FUN!
To be clear it wasnt happy lets sing karaoke all night and flash our boobs, no....this was not good time party monkey.

This was I am going to cry about things things that arent really that sad all night pee in the garbage can and pass out in the bathroom drunk.:dead:

It's a lot cheaper to bake one from a box and smear on a can of frosting. And you can reuse the candles,next year. What's all the fuss and upset about a cake. Kids will eat anything with sugar. Moms who go crazy on birthdays are CRAZY.

I've never really bought a fancy cake for birthdays, I either made them myself, or I got my friend, who makes great cakes, to make one for me, if I needed a real fancy one. She did a Mario Groom's cake for Corey's wedding, it was a big hit.

That cake was the only one I have ever stressed over. Except for what to do with the rest of the cake after the party was over.

Party's are supposed to be fun, for you and the birthday kid. I'm glad I don't get so worked up over petty things, my blood pressure couldn't handle it.

I have felt this ladys pissed offedness. I ordered a super cute cake and the lady decided not to tell me that the only design she was capable off was a retarded drunk animal they may or may not be a monkey, imagine my surprise when I went to get the cake. I was calm about it, I just told her that my kids theme for her party was not retarded drunk monkey creature and I would like to not buy the cake.
I was DYING trying to stifle my laughter while reading this (hubs goes to bed early)! Holy shit, I'd have loved to have seen and overheard that exchange. OUTSTANDING. :hilarious: I can only imagine what would be produced if you ASKED FOR the retarded drunk monkey creature special! o_O

Am I the only one who would've completely lost her shit upon witnessing some freakish asshole crazy woman friggin dropkick a goddamned cake?! I would also jump in to help clean up, but I wouldn't be able to breathe for awhile bc I'd be laughing too hard!

Jeezus, if she loses her shit that easily with strangers, what does she do when she's frustrated with her son?
I don't get adults who throw child-like fits.
I throw fits like this. This is why Mr. Wrecks doesn't let me handle anything depending on customer service, and why I bother to learn to bake and stuff by myself. Sometimes anger is a reaction to extreme anxiety. However, I have never gone apeshit on my kids because cigarettes on the back porch and the dreamindemon forums are awesome. I'm actually pretty surprised I've stayed out of trouble.

This is awesome! I had a woman call the police on me a few years back because she didn't like her Scooby-Doo cake.

Back