• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/03/woman-scolds-man-using-food-stamps-walmart-viral-video

The two had apparently already exchanged words, in front of children, as the video started.

"I put in 50 to 60-hour weeks," the man said. "I’m trying to provide for my family."

He told her to, "Deal with it, b****," and asked her to mind her own business.

"I don’t have to. It’s a free country, remember?" the woman countered. "If I’m gonna pay for all your s***, the least I can do is talk."

She argued that the government pays for food stamps by taking money out of her paycheck and wondered whether he's a "Hillary or Bernie" supporter.

The man then suggested she contact her congressman, or vote Republican, saying that he doesn't "make the rules" on food stamps.

"Yeah, you just take advantage of them like everybody else," she said.

"Well why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't I?" he said as the video concluded.

Watch the heated confrontation above, and let us know what you think in the comments.

I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near that shit, because I would've opened my big mouth in his defense. I feel like throat punching that cunt right now just from reading it much less watching that video.

Oh how I love that it went national, especially after her waving at the camera!

Lol....Oopsies!

Couldn't she be charged with character assassination?

She doesn't know anything about this family and their income. If he was approved for food stamps then he was legible. Its none of her business.

You can think those kind of things all you want, but to say them at the top of your lungs in the middle of the check-out line is totally out of line. And in front of at least one of his children.

Who knows what's happening in his life that makes him and his kids eligible for food stamps, he could have a disabled or dead wife, a disabled child, or he could be a dead beat, but I don't think so. It's none of anybody's business.

This is just one of the reasons I think FS cards should be personalized with your own choice of colors, the one here is GA is very noticeable, it is green and orange with peaches on it, everybody knows it's either EBT cash or food.

You see the eye rolls and the huffing and puffing behind you when you use them, some stores make you slide them twice, I don't know why, the first time you go thru the whole thing and the cashier tells you your balance and then you have to go thru it again. So that extra 5-10 seconds, pisses a lot of people off.

I'd have punched that bitch in the face!

Ok. Not really. But I'd have made her feel like shit about herself that's for damn sure.

Fuck this bitch. Who does she think she is?
The kids are being fed.
I wish a bitch would when I'm around. Doesn't this cunt know that more of our money goes to the military? Rail about that.

The only time I roll my eyes at food stamp people is when the cart is filled with cookies and soda and crap. I can't tell you how amazing I would feed my family on someone else's dollar. It would be epic. This lady has a death wish. In my town this would have ended with a gun.

I have been behind the SNAP/WIC/EBT people at the grocery. They always have 1 or 2 carts FULL of food and there are always issues, like their cigs have to be rung up separately, etc. So, yeah. It takes a while.

But, I only have three mouths to feed. And I have a partner who supports us. (my salary sure wouldn't). And I am able to work without having to give my whole salary to pay for childcare.

So, rather than piss and moan about the person in front of me who takes soooo long and has a shitload of food that my tax dollars help fund, I choose to be grateful that I do not need assistance, and also that if I ever should, it is there.

Without welfare and mercy we would be living an Upton Sinclair novel. And until the 1930's, many Americans did live that life.

I am a happier person for counting my blessings rather than stockpiling my grievances.

I'd rather not do it also, but existing on only Social Security and the $30 a week my brother gives me for watching his daughter for a couple hours until he can pick her up, is pretty dreary. All last year I received $16.00 a month for food, so, of course, I had to supplement it, but for whatever reason, nothing on my end has changed, but this year, since April anyway, I have been receiving $78.00 a month, that pretty much covers groceries for me.

You can be sure that I'm not buying expensive meat, soft drinks, cookies or candy. I'm diabetic and on a diet, (I've lost 12 lbs this past month and I'm so excited) the most expensive one thing I've bought is Spring Mix for salad, I love it and it lasts a lot longer than the cheap bag mixes. They turn slimy after about 2 days.

I'd rather not do it also, but existing on only Social Security and the $30 a week my brother gives me for watching his daughter for a couple hours until he can pick her up, is pretty dreary. All last year I received $16.00 a month for food, so, of course, I had to supplement it, but for whatever reason, nothing on my end has changed, but this year, since April anyway, I have been receiving $78.00 a month, that pretty much covers groceries for me.

You can be sure that I'm not buying expensive meat, soft drinks, cookies or candy. I'm diabetic and on a diet, (I've lost 12 lbs this past month and I'm so excited) the most expensive one thing I've bought is Spring Mix for salad, I love it and it lasts a lot longer than the cheap bag mixes. They turn slimy after about 2 days.

Contrary to some beliefs, MOST people would not choose to receive assistance.

I have shared before my experience as a single mother who had to put my kid on Medicaid when my ex went unemployed for almost a year. The looks we were given and the accompanying attitudes were humiliating.

As if I would have been a more RESPECTABLE mother for simply neglecting the medical needs of my child out of pride.

My ex and I have both worked our butts off paying into the system for decades. We hit a rough spot where neither of us could medically insure her and we did the responsible thing and made sure her needs were met. Only to be treated like parasites for using Medicaid.

Again, people are better served when they are grateful as opposed to collecting injustices.

Believe me my issue is not people receiving help. It is the fact that they can spend it on crap. I think it should be more like wic. No soda, cookies,,candy etc.

I think if people need food stamps then they're life isn't always happy happy happy. So if they want a soda, a steak, or even god fucking forbid some seafood, who am I to judge? Food stamps are a set amount, when they run out they're gone. So what does it matter to anyone what other adults buy to eat?

Believe me my issue is not people receiving help. It is the fact that they can spend it on crap. I think it should be more like wic. No soda, cookies,,candy etc.

Makes me sad to think of poor kids who aren't allowed a cookie because some people don't think they ought to be allowed them....because welfare and poor. :(

The only time I roll my eyes at food stamp people is when the cart is filled with cookies and soda and crap. I can't tell you how amazing I would feed my family on someone else's dollar. It would be epic. This lady has a death wish. In my town this would have ended with a gun.
Yeah. Except all the fresh, organic fruits and veggies you would buy for one week would suck 9/10ths of your monthly allowance.

The "crap" you mention is cheap. Therefore they are getting the most bang for the buck.

They unfortunately are choosing QUANTITY OVER QUALITY.

Sadly, that's how the system is. And I'm happy that you've never had to utilize WIC or EBT! Seriously.

But guess what? WIC pays for "imitation cheese product" while not covering ACTUAL CHEESE.

While you (are so blessed and) don't see what is "allowed" with those government assistance programs, they are pretty specific.

So judge away, those people in line in front of you!

Because what was it? You buying food on someone else's dollar would be "epic"? Right?!

Last edited:

I just wanted to :hug: you for this type of honesty.

That's all. That just touched me knowing how your past 2 years have been. <3

While I could understand her frustration if she was watching him buy filet mignon and lobster tails with the food stamps, but it didn't look that was the case to me. And his attitude of "why wouldn't I" bothers me a bit, because I'd rather eat Top Ramen than live off of the government. But all in all, she made herself look like a complete fool, and it's viral. Good luck living THAT shit down Sweets! :eggface:
It's one thing for him to eat ramen noodles, and a whole 'nother thing for kids to be raised on that nutritionally deficient slop. How often do you see a guy shopping alone with his kids? I suspect he's on his own, a single father doing the best he can.
[doublepost=1462365010,1462364086][/doublepost]When my husband was dying, we had 800/month to live on, and 700/month house payment. We got a three-month award of 44/month ebt, 5.50 per person per week. And we had to pay it back. No heat all winter, in northern Nevada.

Edited to add, the first bitch I interviewed with at welfare accusingly said "Wait, what are you trying to pull here, you can't live on that!" After the pause it took me to not lunge across her desk, I calmly said "Of course not, that's why I'm here."

Last edited:
Spring Mix for salad,

The best thing about spring mix...if you go for a walk in the woods, you can pick it yourself. We have so many edible wild flowers and weeds.
[doublepost=1462368050,1462366755][/doublepost]
So what does it matter to anyone what other adults buy to eat?

I think it counts when considering budgets and nutrition ... learning to be practical and healthy.

I personally hate pop ... I learned in childhood not to drink it, because when I six or so after the

first couple of sips I was done, It burned my throat and then I was stuck with this almost full cold

can to carry around because my mom wasn't carrying it for me and I wasn't allowed to just throw

it on the ground ... so tiny cold hands and a stupid cold can...fuck that. (true story)

Fuck her. When people start bitching about how much corporate subsidies are costing American tax payers then I'll listen.

The amount taken out of the average persons paycheck per year is minimal.

A lot of that inappropriate stuff is rung up separately at the register. Enjoy that "epic" SNAP diet. For my husband and I (him terminal, me caregiver) it was $5.50 a week per person for 3 months.

I watched this on Facebook yesterday, and I seriously... I pray that something like this goes down in my presence. To be so self-important that you would do that in front of that man's babies... I would relish the opportunity to give her a guilt trip so heavy, it would flatten her soul. With a camera rolling? In a part of the country where someone would be emboldened to do something like that?

I'd question her Christianity in a super concerned tone of voice with wide, misty eyes ("Pardon me for interrupting, ma'am, as you seem quite passionate, but do you know our Lord God?"), quote some flowery Bible verses ("If I may, Proverbs 19:17, 'Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will reward them for what they have done...'"), invite her to my church on Sunday where we're going to feed some homeless people ("Now, I know, you do not aim to condemn this man's babies to starvation. I would like to invite you to my congregation this Sunday, Living Hope, where we will be providing meals to the homeless, so you might know the absolute joy He blesses us with when we live by His word..."), tell her I was going to pray for her ("and, in the meantime, my family and I will pray that you find relief for your frustrations.") Blasphemous, sure. But I'd have that bitch sputtering to reclaim her grace in no time. I could probably get a total reversal with that strategy.

I did totally cringe when he said, "Why wouldn't I?" though. I mean, I get it. Being as dismissive as possible. But still. :hilarious:

Oh hell no! I couldn't watch the video until now. What a :cow:
She deserves a :blackeye: her and her stupid mouth, bitching on about everything including her stupid degree. Makes me think she's PMSing and was looking for someone to pick a fight. I probably would have responded the same way he did. And not a tad bit ashamed. I think by the time he stated "why wouldn't I?" he was just pissed off at her.
Hell. I would have called the cops on her. Just for fun.And cried harassment. And not allowed her to leave the friggin store until they arrived. ;) There was video to prove it, and the cashier!

Oh how I love that it went national, especially after her waving at the camera!

Lol....Oopsies!
In her circle of people she's probably a fucking hero for this. These types of folks usually sit around bitching about their tax dollars going to lazy people. Every bit of their political ideology is based on "what's happening with everyone else," and not, "which candidates support policies that DIRECTLY BENEFIT ME." All they care about is what everyone else gets for free, and meanwhile their job security and their pay erode because they support people who fuck them over, and they're to focused on "the freeloaders" to see what's happening.

Look, I don't really care if struggling families or the elderly get food-stamps, how many free phones Obama gives away, or whether a Mexican who grew up here, but whose's parents are illegals gets the in-state tuition rate. THESE THINGS DON'T EFFECT MY LIFE WHATSOEVER.

I'll take being a struggling middle class person over being some poor motherfucker anyday, no matter what free trinkets the government is handing to me.

I care about my pay not increasing for the past two years, and the policies that are put in place that make my job less secure.

This next part is very important:

The percentage of tax that I pay has changed very little over my working lifetime. My wife and I are both nurses in the Northeast, and are at the tops of our payscale, we do okay. This past year, very little of our taxable income was paid at the 25% tax rate, because we take advantage of tax shelters and opportunities that aren't available to everyone. Sure, some hapless bastard gets a free phone and food stamps, but I get to shelter $50,000 (actually much more with deductions and exemptions) dollars of our yearly income, EVERY FUCKING YEAR! This is done through 401k and 529 contributions, as well as exemptions on child care and medical expenses (up to a certain amount.)

My take home pay hasn't decreased because my taxes have increased, but because my employer mandates me to pay more for my own benefits that should (and were) provided to me as part of my compensation.

Unless you're on the extreme ends of the income spectrum, your taxes will not change in any meaningful way regardless of who is elected president. It's all a fucking smokescreen.

I
didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I seen your comment as a perfect segue to express my opinion on these fucking people who sit and bitch about their goddamn taxes.

Last edited:
Yeah. Except all the fresh, organic fruits and veggies you would buy for one week would suck 9/10ths of your monthly allowance.
Thank you Fo, they have packages of 90 sandwich cookies for 1.50$ by me, and 1 lb of apples for 3$ and some change. Thats not even 3 apples. Thats why the poor are fat.

Latest posts

Back