• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Police Investigate Bizzare Death At Tulsa Apt Building
Wife Arrested After Tulsa Man Falls To His Death From 25th Floor Apartment
Tulsa Police arrested the wife of a man who fell 17 stories to his death from a Tulsa apartment building Tuesday afternoon.
Amber Hilberling, 19, was arrested in the death of her husband, Joshua Hilberling. She was booked into the Tulsa County jail on a complaint of first degree murder.
Tulsa Police were called to the University Club Tower at 17th and South Carson about 4 p.m. Tuesday.
"What I heard was big bang at first and I'm thinking it was an earthquake. Then I looked out the window and I saw the person," Mina White, a resident, said.
Tulsa Police said Joshua, in his 20s, died after a 17-floor fall from the 25th floor.
"My reaction was what in the world is going on? Is the heat getting to people?" White said.

According to the arrest report, Amber Hilberling told officers she and Joshua got into an argument and she pushed him with her hands, causing him to fall through the window.
"There was some sort of argument, it was brief, and then the crashing of the window and the gentleman fell out of the window," Tulsa Police Sergeant Dave Walker said.
Residents looked over balconies at the scene below, wondering what happened in the moments before the man's death.
"It's kind of freaky," Catherine Freeman said. "We just moved here and no one knows how to get their car out right now because it is just all covered in glass in the back park gate."
[...]
http://www.newson6.com/story/148611...th-at-tulsa-apartment-complex?redirected=true
2yubp0y.jpg
Broken window can be seen​
msmbh3.jpg
Joshua Hilberling​
rr3xcp.jpg
UPDATED
TULSA, Oklahoma -- The wife of a man who fell more than a dozen stories to his death from a Tulsa apartment building posted bond and was released from jail Wednesday.
Joshua Hilberling was killed in that fall from the University Tower at 17th and South Carson Tuesday afternoon that investigators say was the result of an argument with his wife.
Amber Hilberling, 19, was being held on a first degree murder complaint at the Tulsa County jail.
We're also learning more about the couple's past.

Investigators say 23-year-old Joshua Hilberling fell from the 25th floor of the apartment building, landing on top of the parking garage.

"Obviously this was a quick, sudden move and a tragic event," said Tulsa Police detective Dave Walker.
According to the arrest report, Amber told officers the two had got into an argument and she pushed him with her hands, causing him to fall through the window.

"It would have taken some sort of force or something to propel a body through a window, It really doesn't seem that you could be able to trip and fall into the window and that would cause that much damage," said Dave Walker.
[...]
"He's got a wonderful family and I just feel so bad for them," said Chelsea Sinclair, friend.Sinclair has known Hilberling for about five years. "He was a great, really nice guy. Never heard a bad thing about them, just cared about everybody around him," said Chelsea Sinclair.

Sinclair says Hilberling was excited about returning home to Tulsa and was looking forward to the birth of a new baby.
"Split second decisions can change a life immediately and everybody and all his friends are pulling for his family and praying," Chelsea Sinclair said.
According to Tulsa County court documents, Joshua Hilberling filed an emergency protective order against his wife in May, saying she had hit him in the head with a lamp which required staples and stitches and that she had been violent toward him several other times.
But that protective order was dismissed two weeks later when the couple didn't show up to court.
Tulsa Police detectives are looking into those past allegations of domestic violence, including several in other states where the couple lived when the victim was stationed in the U.S. Air Force.
http://www.newson6.com/story/148679...l-on-first-degree-murder-complaint?hpt=ju_bn5
2wegswi.jpg
Amber Hilberling​

It makes me sad b/c $5 said this guy was super ashamed to get his ass kicked by his wife. Men are less likely to report abuse and get help.

TULSA, Oklahoma – The wife of the man who was killed after falling out of a 25th-floor window has now been charged with his murder. Police have charged 19-year-old Amber Hilberling with first-degree murder in the death of her husband, 23-year-old Joshua Hilberling. He was killed after falling out of the couple’s University Tower apartment [...]

This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

More...

I am SO PISSED at this selfish, psycho bitch!!! When you read the Order of Protection her HUSBAND took out on HER you'll see she's a self centered, obnoxious TWAT!!! He seemed like a great guy, was obviously patient with her outbursts and was trying to put up with her bullshit because of her pregnancy. He was looking forward to being a new father and now HIS mother is robbed of a son and her grandchild will be birthed by the harpe that took his life!!!! Fucking tragic!! What a BITCH!!!!!

A woman who is accused of pushing her husband out of a 25th-story window has been charged with second-degree murder.
[...]

The charge alleges that Amber Hilberling caused her husband's death "by physically pushing him, thereby causing him to fall through a window and fall to his death."

The charge also says the push was imminently dangerous but was committed "without premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual."

Tulsa County prosecutors included an alternative charge of first-degree manslaughter. The alternative count, which the jury can pursue if they believe that there is insufficient evidence to convict Hilberling of second-degree murder, alleges that she was committing misdemeanor domestic assault and battery at the time of her husband's death.

Tulsa Police Department Homicide Unit Sgt. Dave Walker said evidence at the scene was sufficient to arrest Amber Hilberling on the murder complaint. A police report also states that she "made statements to witnesses that she pushed the victim and that caused him to fall through the window."

She was more than seven months' pregnant at the time, Walker said.

The couple had argued before Joshua Hilberling fell to his death, Walker said. The couple had a history of domestic violence, police and court records indicate.

Joshua Hilberling filed for a protective order against Amber Hilberling on May 10 in Tulsa County District Court, but the case was dismissed May 24 because neither party appeared at a hearing, court records show.

In his application for the protective order, Joshua Hilberling said his wife grabbed a floor lamp and "pushed/threw the lamp at me and busted me in the head."

He said his injuries required 10 staples and 11 stitches at a hospital.

Amber Hilberling appeared before Special Judge Millie Otey about 5:30 p.m. Monday in an arraignment that was scheduled in the hour before the hearing.
[...]

Amber Hilberling has been free on $250,000 bond since June 8, jail records show. Otey ordered additional bond stipulations that Amber Hilberling not have any contact with the victim's family; must remain in Tulsa County; must continue to wear a GPS ankle monitor; and must not be anywhere where alcohol or drugs are sold unless they are prescribed for her pregnancy.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/arti...=20110628_11_A9_CUTLIN522603&rss_lnk=1&r=7417

53nmbIp.jpg
A woman who is accused of pushing her husband through a high-rise apartment window, causing his death, is suing the apartment building and its owners, claiming that the window was thin and faulty, according to a petition filed Wednesday.

Amber Hilberling, 20, states in the petition that her husband, Joshua Hilberling, 23, "accidentally fell through the thin glass window" of their University Club Tower apartment 17 stories to his death on June 7, 2011.
[...]

Amber and Joshua Hilberling are listed as plaintiffs, as well as Levi Hilberling, their infant son. Amber Hilberling was pregnant at the time of her husband's death.

The petition, filed by Amber Hilberling's attorney Jasen Corns, alleges that Joshua Hilberling's wrongful death was a result of negligence on the part of the apartment and its owners and asks for damages "for pain and suffering, grief, loss of earnings and household contributions, loss of consortium and punitive damages" in excess of $10,000, according to the petition.

Amber Hilberling is charged with second-degree murder in connection with her husband's death, which prosecutors allege stemmed from a fight.

The charge alleges that she pushed her husband, causing him to fall through the window to his death.

Amber Hilberling remains in the Tulsa Jail, with a trial date on the murder charge set for March 11.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday claims that on June 7, 2011, Joshua Hilberling "tripped and stumbled into a wall in the living room of the apartment and made contact with a large window."

The window measured approximately 45.4 inches by 51.1 inches and was an eighth of an inch thick, it says.

The petition alleges that the window was not made of the type of glass required by city of Tulsa building code.

"Because of the dangerous thinness of the window glass, and its size and location, the glass could be broken by a minimal amount of pressure," the petition states.

The defendants "knew or should have known" that the windows were deficient and unsafe, the petition alleges.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20120920_11_A11_CUTLIN588418

The court documents say the glass was not safety glass and was only one-eighth of an inch thick.

The petition claims the window glass was not up to City of Tulsa building code and was dangerously unsafe. It claims the building managers failed to install window guards or other reasonable safety measures, which should have been in place around the thin window.
http://www.newson6.com/story/19588622/tulsa-mother-accused-of-pushing

The full Petition for Wrongful Death: http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/griffin/NEWSon6/PDF/1207/hilberling.pdf

I was going to comment about how weak the glass was then I scrolled down and saw the lawsuit. Seriously though, there is no way the glass should have broke just by being pushed against it. Yes she's a crazy bitch but there are building codes for a reason, the hotel should be required to installed new, stronger windows in all the units in the building..

Also, this quote made me giggle:

My reaction was what in the world is going on? Is the heat getting to people?" White said.

I always thought they would have had safty glass also. What a terrible way to die.

Tulsa Woman Who Pushed Husband Out Window Gets 25 Years

Tulsa, Oklahoma -
Judge Kurt Glassco handed down a 25 year sentence Tuesday to the woman who pushed her husband out of their high rise apartment window to his death.

Jurors found Amber Hilberling, 21, guilty of second degree murder last month in the death of her husband, Joshua. The jury recommended the 25-year sentence.

Hilberling will need to serve 85 percent of her sentence before she is eligible for early release, meaning she will be in prison for 21 years and 3 months. She's being given credit for the 15 months she has already spent behind bars.

Prosecutor Michelle Keely said the sentence was appropriate. She believes the jury might have selected the 25 year sentence based on the 25th floor window Joshua fell from.
Hilbering testified in her own defense during the trial, saying she pushed her husband in self-defense following a struggle.

"Amber feels like she was not able to tell some things that she wanted to tell," said Hilberling's attorney Jasen Corns. "Such as why they were fighting that day, and some of the decisions Josh had been making in his life, gotten him in a lot of trouble."
[...]
http://www.ktul.com/story/22054893/tulsa-woman-who-pushed-husband-out-window-sentenced

"Amber feels like she was not able to tell some things that she wanted to tell," said Hilberling's attorney Jasen Corns. "Such as why they were fighting that day, and some of the decisions Josh had been making in his life, gotten him in a lot of trouble."
Yeah... because whatever it was would make pushing him out a window the totally correct reaction. Feeling like you want to kill you hubby for being an asshole is one thing, Actually doing it is another thing.

So did she intentionally push him out the window, or was she pushing him around out of anger and he fell backwards against the window which gave out? Either way, she's responsible for his death but I think each scenario would call for a different sentence.

Earlier, photos and interrogation video were released:

f5M0s2P.jpg
Vo4GzoZ.jpg
bsxhPzb.jpg

More evidence photos: http://www.kjrh.com/gallery/news/ne...usband-out-apartment-window-evidence-released
Videos: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/judge-releases-hilberling-photos-and-video-murder-/nXKyN/

Legal observers say the case sparked public interest for a variety of reasons, including whether the young defendant intended to harm her husband, the charge filed and the length of the sentence. Amber Hilberling was seven months pregnant at the time with the couple’s child and testified she had told her husband that day she wanted a divorce.

Joshua Hilberling also had obtained a protective order against his wife and photos introduced by prosecutors showed a copy of the order on top of his packed duffle bag. Cases in which men are battered by their wives are rare but experts say that’s due to underreporting by victims.

The conviction came after three days of testimony, during which Hilberling testified she shoved her husband in self-defense during an argument but never intended for him to fall out the window.

Under the law, second-degree murder does not require that the prosecution prove intent to kill on the part of a defendant. The prosecution is required to prove that an act was “imminently dangerous” to another person and “evincing a depraved mind,” but without any premeditated intent to cause a death.

The video was a key piece of evidence in the case. It is about an hour in length and reportedly filmed by police without Hilberling’s or her grandmother’s knowledge.

It was taken just hours after Joshua Hilberling’s smashed body was found 17 floors below the couple’s window. On it, Amber Hilberling recounted to her grandmother how she rushed to where her husband’s lifeless body landed and kissed his cheeks. “I’m a horrible person. Who could do that? Push my husband and make him fall,”
http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.a...20130412_14_0_Videoo988746?subj=1&nf=HomePage

Amber Hilberling was convicted last month of pushing her husband, Josh, out a 25th-story window to his death in June of 2011, and Friday a judge released evidence, including video, that until now was only seen by the attorneys and the jury.

Of all the evidence released, the most interesting is the hour-long videotape taken while Amber Hilberling and her grandmother were in a police interrogation room, waiting to talk to a detective, unaware they were being recorded.

Hilberling sobbed and rambled while talking to her grandmother, Gloria Bowers, who was sitting in the corner. Her grandmother repeatedly warned Hilberling to exercise her right to silence, to not talk to police until her attorney arrived, but her emotions seemed to get the better of her.

Hilberling: "For the rest of my life, everyone's going to think I'm a murderer, my family, the whole family."
Bowers: "Amber, we don't think that baby."

Crime scene pictures show the inside of the apartment, where the couple had been arguing all morning.

Josh Hilberling's bags were packed and, on top of them was the protective order he'd gotten against her, even though it had been dismissed weeks earlier, because he failed to show for court.

You can see the window in the bedroom that had broken earlier that day, and the window that was broken in the living room after she pushed him through it.

Prosecutors pointed out the candlesticks perfectly in place, to cast doubt on Hilberling's story that he grabbed her and they were struggling when she pushed him. After saying repeatedly that she pushed Josh and killed him, Hilberling's grandmother got stern with her.

Bowers: "Did you intentionally push him?"
Hilberling: "No! Of course not."
Bowers: "Okay, that's what they're gonna take it as, baby. That's what I said, everything you say, they're going to take it in a different manner."

On the tape, Amber repeatedly says she can't get the image of Josh falling and his broken body out of her mind and how she wishes she was the one who was dead, even though she was seven months pregnant.

Hilberling: "I don't deserve to live. I don't deserve to be a mom. Josh deserved to be a dad. Josh isn't even a person anymore."
Bowers: "You can't talk that way."
Hilberling: "I'm so sorry."

This evidence was released after News On 6 and two other media outlets filed open records requests.
http://www.news9.com/story/21955979/tulsa-judge-releases-evidence-from-amber-hilberlings-trial

FOX23’s Adam Paluka went through the evidence, including an hour long video of Hilberling in a TPD interrogation room with her grandmother while she waits to be interviewed by police.

“Hilberling: Doesn't that make me guilty?
Hilberling’s grandmother: No that makes the lawyer do his job.”

Later in the video Hilberling also makes incriminating statements.

Hilberling: I wonder if his parents know yet… they were right, they kept saying if we stay together I am going to kill him.”
[...]

“Hilberling: Who could do that, push my husband and make him fall out the window. I just wish I could go back and know that if I pushed him it was going to happen.
Hilberling’s grandmother: Amber, stop saying you pushed him out the window."
http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/st...ng-trial-released/VKXvxG6JXUO7d3LTP49_CQ.cspx

Last edited:
dWNclW7.jpg
A jury convicted Amber Hilberling of second-degree murder April 23, 2013 for the death of her husband, who she pushed out of their 25th-story apartment during an argument in 2011. Hilberling said at the time she never meant to kill her husband.

Twelve jurors rejected Hilberling's claim of self-defense and sentenced her to 25 years in the maximum security all-women's prison. Hilbering, now 22, sits in the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center in McLoud.

Meanwhile, Levi Carter Hilbering, Amber's 2-year-old son, is being raised by her mother, Rhonda Fields Whitlock.

Whitlock maintains her daughter is innocent and believes she will be out of prison within a year. Whitlock is already planning Thanksgiving 2014 with Amber, Levi and the entire family around the table.

"I don't even put a 'what if' on it. I will fight until my dying breath," Whitlock said. "I will fight for her freedom and for her constitutional fair right for a trial."

The day after Christmas, Whitlock says she received the ultimate gift: Tulsa attorney Clark Brewster filed a 50-page brief appealing Amber's trial.

Brewster said he felt so strongly jurors shouldn't have convicted Amber that he took the case for free.

"I want to give her hope that she can get out. I believe the conviction will get reversed and will be set back for another trial, which I will try personally," he said. "I think she'll be acquitted."

In the brief of appeal, Brewster makes a number of claims alleging Hilberling received an unfair trial, including the improper admission of evidence and ineffective counsel.

Tulsa County prosecutor Steve Kunzweiler, who tried the case, said these issues were already brought up in the first trial.

"Put the spotlight on the prosecutor, put the spotlight on the police, put the spotlight somewhere other than the person who's accused of the crime. That's not unusual," Kunzweiler said Tuesday.

An assistant attorney general has 48 days to respond to the appeal. After that, it's up to Oklahoma's Court of Criminal Appeals to decide if errors did indeed occur in order to set a new trial.
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...f-prison-in-a-year-clark-brewster-filed-brief

I saw her on an episode of Lockup on MSNBC, she is a cold bitch, you could see it in her eyes. Just cold.

I saw her on an episode of Lockup on MSNBC, she is a cold bitch, you could see it in her eyes. Just cold.

Yeah, I was following the story when it first broke, comments on the stories the newspaper posted there were a lot of people who claimed they knew her and said she was fucking psycho.

MCLOUD, OK – The 25-year-old woman convicted of second-degree murder for pushing her husband through the window of their 25th floor apartment has been found dead in her prison cell.

We first reported on Amber Hilberling back in 2011 after her she pushed her husband, Joshua, through a plate glass window. Police would charge her with murder after Joshua’s fall was stopped by a garage roof 17 floors below.

Hilberling was 19-years-old and seven months pregnant at the time, and went on the news circuit claiming her innocence. This included an appearance on “Dr. Phil” where she claimed her husband’s death was an accident — the result of self-defense and thin windows.

However, a conversation between her and her grandmother in a police interrogation room captured Hilberling calling herself a “horrible person” and asking what kind of person would push her husband out of a window. She also says her husband was messing with a television when she shoved him through the window.

There was also the fact that her husband had filed an emergency protective order against her before his death, claiming she was physically abusive towards him and had brained him so hard with a lamp that he had to get staples and stitches.

Before her trial, Hilberling was offered a sweet plea deal that would have included a five-year prison sentence and 15 years of probation. But Hilberling decided to gamble with a jury and lost. Bad. The jury would find her guilty of second-degree murder in 2013 and Hilberling was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

She’s been living in the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center until Monday when she was found unresponsive in her cell. Reports are that she was found hanging in her cell, but DOC officials have not confirmed this.

Her stepfather says there is no way Hilberling killed herself. He says she was excited about a future news interview, was taking college courses, and spoke to her son daily.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

A 25-year-old Oklahoma woman convicted of second-degree murder for pushing her husband to his death from the 25th floor of their apartment has been found dead in her prison cell.

Oklahoma Department of Corrections spokeswoman Terri Watkins says Amber Hilberling was pronounced dead at 5.33pm Monday at the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center, where Hilberling had been serving a 25-year prison sentence for the 2011 death of her husband, US Air Force veteran Joshua Hilberling.

Watkins says the state medical examiner's office will determine Amber Hilberling's cause of death.
LINK

What an utter waste of what could have been a passable street walker.
At least it is case closed.

What became of the child.
Did she have it or drop it down an elevator shaft or something?

@Satanica @cubby @CbabyRKO @myra manes
The Oklahoma Department of Corrections is being sued for not doing enough to prevent a murder convict from hanging herself in her cell in 2016.

Amber Hilberling's estate filed the lawsuit in Oklahoma County District Court in July.

It says the department didn't take 'any reasonable steps to prevent or address the conditions' that led to Hilberling's suicide at the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center in McLoud.

Hilberling said she was acting in self-defense when she shoved her US Air Force veteran husband, Josh, through a window in their Tulsa apartment in 2011.

She was sentenced to 25 years.

The lawsuit alleges inadequate supervision, medical care and segregation procedures. The estate is seeking more than $75,000.

A corrections spokesman said the agency doesn't comment on pending litigation.

Last January, Hilberling, 26, was featured in an episode of the documentary Women Who Kill, which reveals the shocking stories of female prisoners who were driven to murder.

Hilberling had always maintained that she was acting in self defense when she pushed her husband out of their apartment window following a violent altercation.

Hilberling described the moments leading up to Josh's death, and how the pair argued and he attacked her, before she retaliated by pushing him.

The documentary included chilling original CCTV footage of her admitting to her grandmother that she had pushed her husband out of the window.

In what would turn out to be her last televised words, Hilberling said that while her marriage was fiery, she believes that they could have had a happy ending.

'I've never tried to make it sound like he is the big bad wolf and I'm little Red Riding Hood that is running for her life, it wasn't like that,' she said.

Amber, who married Josh when she was 18, was seven months pregnant when she was sentenced and her mother Rhonda now cares for her son Levi, six.

Levi also appeared in the documentary and would regularly visit Hilberling along with her mother, before she killed herself in her cell at the Mabel Bassett Correctional Center, in Oklahoma in October 2016.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rrections-Department-sued-suicide-inmate.html

If the estate wins I hope the family of Josh turns around and sues the estate. This mother will not accept that her daughter made decisions that ended the life of two people- Josh and her own.

I always thought suicide should be an option.
She got 25 years so no, not for her.
But for people that are sentenced to lwop. Give them some options. Not force them just give them options.

Latest posts

Back