• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kimberix

Trusted Member
A Virginia woman has been found guilty after pleading no contest in the beating death of her 3-year-old goddaughter.

Local media outlets report that 25-year-old Danielle Turner of Richmond pleaded no contest on Tuesday to second-degree murder in the death of Latrice Walden.

Turner was initially charged with felony child neglect, but those charges were later upgraded to first-degree murder.

An autopsy revealed the child died in February 2016 from blunt-force trauma to the head. Prosecutors say she had more than 100 bruises and cuts.

Turner, who was watching the girl while her mother, Nikki Brown, was at the hospital giving birth, initially said the victim had slipped in the tub and hit her head. Police said Turner didn’t call 911 about the girl’s condition until six hours later. She later admitted to hitting the girl on the head multiple times over the course of a weekend, CBS affiliate WTVR reports.

The toddler had more than 60 bruises on her arms, legs and torso, according to the station.

Turner and Brown had known one another for over a decade.

Turner’s sentencing has been set for June 23. She faces five to 40 years in prison.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-b...ve-birth/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=35991064

Heartbreaking for mom.....i cant imagine having to deal with being a mom to a newborn and planning your tots funeral. Baby girl was probably so excited to be a big sister.....Christ.

This happened not far from me. Every time I go down the road past those apartments I still look and think about Latrice. RIP baby girl. I hope the judge gives her the full 40 in prison.

All I can think is how the HELL do you beat a child to death..No comprehension of the force or TIME. God!! And the mother, my heart is just breaking for her, the birth of her child will forever be tainted with sadness because of this nasty ignorant bitch who instead of saying no, or getting help to watch the child..Just ruined everyone's lives.

Back