• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
FELTON, DE – Police have arrested 51-year-old Angela Bingham after she killed her 3-year-old grandson and lived with the boy’s corpse for over a week.

Police responded to Bingham’s trailer Tuesday morning after she called 911 to report she was going to kill herself and that she’d already killed her grandson, Rilan Everett.

Responding officers found Bingham walking on the road near her home and detained her without incident. Inside her home they would find Everett decomposing on his bed “with blue and decomposing skin and fluids flowing from the facial area.”

Bingham admitted to officers that on Sept 18 she held a washcloth over Everett’s mouth and nose as he lay awake in bed after telling him “it was time to go.” She removed the washcloth once the boy stopped struggling.

She told police that her initial plan was to kill her and Everett, who was living with her after his mother abandoned him to be with a boyfriend, by turning up the gas in the trailer. When that didn’t work she chose to smother Everett.

After killing Everett, Bingham said she tried killing herself in a variety of ways – including taking pills, drinking bleach, and even hanging herself – but nothing worked. So, as the days went on, she stuffed towels around Everett’s bedroom door and burned incense to hide the smell of the boy’s decomposing body.

Bingham’s next door neighbor, Letoshia Tiggs, said she noticed Bingham and Everett had stopped coming outside and that she received a text from Bingham on Monday that read: “Don’t come in here… Rilan’s been gone now I am too… death.”

For reasons I could not find online, Tiggs did not feel this was alarming enough to contact police.

Bingham was arrested and charged with first-degree murder. She is being held at the Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution on a $1,000,000 cash bail.

Rilan Everett

As for motive, it is looking as if Bingham was about to be homeless. Two judgments against her in the amount of $1,437.53 and $1,530.83 were filed on Sept. 7. A now defunct GoFundMe page was started by Bingham in August seeking $10,000 and stating she had 10 days to come up with $3,000 or she was going to “lose everything.” The page read as follows:

About 3 yrs ago, I was severely beaten by a guy I was dating at the time which left me with post-concussion syndrome brain injury and pstd with aggression n anxiety . I cannot work because of this and have been fighting with SSi for about a year with a lawyer . My daughter blessed me with a grandson n was helping but has since left to be with a boyfriend and left him here with me. She was suppose to help with everything . Now I only get $270. In state tan if help a month. Back in Feb. Of this year I did a rent to own with this trailer with my tax money. The landlord would not budge on the price. So I put $2,000. Dwn. Pay off in a yr. I put $2,000 into it because it was mice infested roach infested everywhere ,I had to replace the toilet n refrigerator as well as paint n sanitize cause it smelled. Now I’m gonna lose everything. Went to court yesterday n have ten days now to come up withe $3,000. Which includes weekends to be out if I don’t come up with that. The rest I need to maintain the rent to stay until Sis approves me. Now the two neighbors across got raided for heroine about last month n the landlord watched n their not being evicted. Any help is greatly appreciated and I humby thank you from my grandson and me.

One update read: “My daughter, his mother moved out n in with a drug smoking boyfriend n his pillpopping family, so my grandson is not living there. I am fighting for guardianship that’s why it’s also important to keep my place. I seriously do not ask for help but I’m desperate.

Her last update, which was 7 days before the fundraiser was to end, read: “Wow..no help yet and only 7 days left. Guess this is really it for us.

This article was written by Morbid for The Dreamin Demon - the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

Continue reading...

Oh Holy wow!!!
Bingham admitted to officers that on Sept 18 she held a washcloth over Everett’s mouth and nose as he lay awake in bed after telling him “it was time to go.” She removed the washcloth once the boy stopped struggling.

Not only did this bitch smother her grand baby, she did it while he was awake and struggling?!
I cannot imagine his fear.
I also, cannot imagine the level of heartless, crazy, evil, or whatthefuckever made her do this.
So very sad. Poor little guy :(

That is so fucking sad. I hate seeing pitiful gofundme pages.

It seems to me like this lady really thought there was no other option.
Yes, especially since she really thought there was no other way. It's sad that I have seen go find for me pages for girls wanting breast implants and all sorts of things including vacations... And they get money. I'm not for go fund for me, but it sounds like this woman really needed some sort of help. This is just so sad. Some sort of agency could have, should have helped her. It also seems like this poor child had a hard 3 years of life. Mother sounds like a real winner, knowing the situation and not doing a damn thing to help her own mother/child and get her head out of her asshole and needle out of her arm long enough to take care of her own child . I hate people.

It really hurts to know that this grandmother...who was struggling with medical issues and having the sole responsibility to take care of herself and her 3 yr old grandson didn't get the help they needed. The daughter failed her mother and her son. I'm in a similar situation where I would be homeless as I fight for my SSI benefits due to health issues preventing me from work. Its like a two year process now...and its been fifteen months so far. If not for a dear friend and help from other friends who fund my bus tickets to get me and my wheel chair to my doctor's appts...I'd be on the streets with nothing. They also pay for my medications when they can. Sometimes I have to go without some meds. This poor woman was not eligible for help except for food stamps. Thats all I'm eligible for. She was not entitled to benefits for her grandson because she did not have legal guardianship of him despite having him physically living with her. Its a travesty that this happens in America. I can see her side of the struggle. Seeing death as the only way out. I'm not going to say it hasn't crossed my mind but I couldn't leave that legacy for my kids and grandbabies. So I just keep hanging in there. Her story really hits home for me.
[doublepost=1475218292,1475217992][/doublepost]Just to add on...my room mate is struggling financially because she has been helping me. Because of my inability to pay my rent and utilities...we now have a 800 dollar gas bill that has to be paid in full in one month or it gets turned off. We worry every day about the four kids living in the house not having heat for the winter. We plan to approach Social Services for help...but fear they won't help. I TRULY relate to this woman's struggles and its making my cry. I have a lot of pride and hate asking for help also. I've always been the one that gives the help...not takes.

I'm torn between fury at her actions - and empathy for her beinf in such a desperate state and situation that led her to make a horrific choice.

I don't know what to say with this one. Sounds like that poor kid would never have had a great start to life with that family background. Still, it doesn't mean his death was a mercy.

She could've taken him to Child Services. I could cry at that. He would've lived and been loved. She could've fixed the unholy mess that is her life and seen him again one day.

Their whole world has just been incinerated to the ground. Its terrifying to think how just a few bad choices, a few escalating situations - and next thing you know you're about to be homeless, up to your ears in debt - and murdering your grandchild.

I kind of wish there was meth involved or something. Something that could make me just be plain furious with her. I am, but I just feel sad at how this all turned out. May the little one rest in peace.

I personally hate the way this story is written. It's written like she was a woman who felt like there were no options, like there was no help coming, like this was all she could do.

Now, if that were the truth, why is she still here? If she really felt like this was the only option she would not be here. We would be reading about a murder suicide. People who WANT to or feel like they HAVE to die, do. She had days to get the job done.

People who want to solve a problem with murder, claim they tried, but don't succeed in suicide.

It really hurts to know that this grandmother...who was struggling with medical issues and having the sole responsibility to take care of herself and her 3 yr old grandson didn't get the help they needed. The daughter failed her mother and her son. I'm in a similar situation where I would be homeless as I fight for my SSI benefits due to health issues preventing me from work. Its like a two year process now...and its been fifteen months so far. If not for a dear friend and help from other friends who fund my bus tickets to get me and my wheel chair to my doctor's appts...I'd be on the streets with nothing. They also pay for my medications when they can. Sometimes I have to go without some meds. This poor woman was not eligible for help except for food stamps. Thats all I'm eligible for. She was not entitled to benefits for her grandson because she did not have legal guardianship of him despite having him physically living with her. Its a travesty that this happens in America. I can see her side of the struggle. Seeing death as the only way out. I'm not going to say it hasn't crossed my mind but I couldn't leave that legacy for my kids and grandbabies. So I just keep hanging in there. Her story really hits home for me.
[doublepost=1475218292,1475217992][/doublepost]Just to add on...my room mate is struggling financially because she has been helping me. Because of my inability to pay my rent and utilities...we now have a 800 dollar gas bill that has to be paid in full in one month or it gets turned off. We worry every day about the four kids living in the house not having heat for the winter. We plan to approach Social Services for help...but fear they won't help. I TRULY relate to this woman's struggles and its making my cry. I have a lot of pride and hate asking for help also. I've always been the one that gives the help...not takes.
As horrible as this story is...& the woman's inability to write out the word AND (which REALLY gets on my nerves- talk about a trigger) ...I can't even think about the story anymore after having read what you're going through!!!

I can't stand gofundme & that was something China & I "had words" with each other about (a while back) but there's an app called Venmo that's really convenient. I don't know if you're familiar with it but it's really simple, where one person can send another person money. Unlike Western Union, which charges more than I'd like..venmo either has no fees depending on how you pay, or a 3% charge but it's what a lot of people use. I normally would say this in private but I'm sure there's other big hearted demons who might want to join in, in helping you?

If not, no hard feelings but I will say it does show your real name. Not sure if stalking each other is still an issue but I'm pretty sure those days are in the past (& personally, I'm not worried about it). Of course being the first of the month is tomorrow, I'll send what I can but it's also nice because that means anytime I or someone else wants to send you $, we can do it through venmo- no need to contact you or what have you. I just can't pass you by without doing SOMETHING. It's not as much as I would love to give but every little bit helps. Heck, something is better than nothing.
[doublepost=1475261868][/doublepost]Ok so for the sake of me commenting on this story, grandma was completely desperate. When you've tried everything, sometimes you feel like dying is all you can do...but it's NEVER the right answer. Whether taking someone else's life or your own, NO.

Times can get INCREDIBLY HARD. I don't even know what a good suggestion would be for this woman, in her situation.
Go to a shelter? I've heard there's more drugs & filth going on there than out in the streets! Go to a church? As many times where I hit rock bottom & NEEDED the help, the church was never there & that hurt the most..(There's one church I'm connected to that actually DOES help others on a regular basis) & in another way, I understand. They're not a shelter, it's a huge liability & an immense responsibility on SO many levels. So it's not fair for me to blame the church. But where? Where does that leave her?

As for why Tiggs the neighbor didn't get involved- I'm sure the grandmother became the type of person, sadly enough, we try to avoid. We're just getting home after a long day at work, crap...there she is. I can't get into *another* conversation about what she doesn't have. Or her daughter. Or how the boy needs this, needs that. It's not that we're cruel, it's just complicated...and unfortunately, we can't help as many as we'd like. I feel like this was more than a failure regarding her family. I feel like this is a failure regarding the system.

Last edited:
I want to give a shout out and say thank you and I feel truly blessed by the three DD families that have offered assistance with the gas bill so the kids have heat for the winter. I won't name them here...they know who they are. THANK YOU and may you and yours be blessed. One even took it further and got a Walmart E-card so I can get some things I need in the mean time. Words can not express my gratitude. Hugs and love.

Back