• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man has been jailed for killing a friend who suffocated while trapped between the rungs of a loft ladder.

Harry Scott was sentenced to three years for the manslaughter of 32-year-old Richard Woods in Lincolnshire.

Mr Woods was asphyxiated when he became trapped between the rungs of the ladder as he tried to escape as Scott hit him around the legs, on 12 January 2014.

Scott, 25 of Ramsgate, Louth, had denied the charge during his trial at Lincoln Crown Court.

The court was told the two men had spent much of the evening drinking together in pubs and a night club in Louth town centre before Mr Woods returned alone to his terraced home.

However, Scott turned up in the early hours looking for a bed for the night and the incident that led to Richard's death followed soon afterwards.

David Nathan QC, mitigating for Scott, said hitting Mr Woods with the wood was not the direct cause of his death.

He said Scott had cleaned up his act in the last 12 months, living with his grandparents in an isolated part of Lincolnshire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-31665253

Three yesrs! His defense is so ridiculous! He didn't cause his death but left him there to suffocate. Sounds like he wasn't man enough to take full responsibility for his own actions but a big enough asshole to kill his a best friend.

Sounds like they were both drunk and he likely didn't know the dude was in such dire physical trouble. Me and my friends beat eachothers legs all the fucking time, it's fun.

Back