• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
A company in Wisconsin is slated to become the first in the country to implant its employees with microchips.

Three Square Market Chief Executive Officer Todd Westby said their intent to offer employees the implant is simply a way of keeping up with the ever-changing digital age...

was2004101443538.jpg

The employees at Three Square Market are slated to become the first in the county to be implanted with a microchip (not pictured) through their company.
(RHONA WISE/AFP/GETTY IMAGES)
The technology will allow for employees to make purchases in their break room, open doors, log in to computers and access the copy machine all by scanning the chip.

“We’ll come up, scan the item,” Westby said, explaining the process. “We’ll hit pay with a credit card, and it’s asking to swipe my proximity payment now. I’ll hold my hand up, just like my cell phone, and it’ll pay for my product.

Each chip costs $300 and Three Square Market is covering the cost. More than 50 employees have agreed to get the optional microchip and the devices are scheduled to be implanted — between the employees' thumb and index finger — early next week, according to the news station.

Westby said the rice-sized chip does not have a GPS tracking feature and that the data is both encrypted and secure.

Three Square Marketing designs software for break room markets that are typically found in other office complexes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...mplant-employees-microchips-article-1.3354239

Westby said the rice-sized chip does not have a GPS tracking feature and that the data is both encrypted and secure.

I think children should have these ... with GPS tracking.

Fuck you kidnappers. The only down side to it that i can think of is Kidnappers

that would try to remove the implant or kids too, maybe, all depending on how

bad they wanted to run away from home.

I have mixed feelings about this.

The implant goes in with a needle. Easy enough. But what about separating from the company... will the ex employer foot the bill for removal.

Also, it may not have Tracking but i bet it can be recognized by a time clock.

The more i think about this, the more i say no.

Something that feels like a grain of rice stuck in my flesh? I don't care about anything else, that's enough for me to nope the fuck away. I can't leave the smallest bump on my skin alone, that would drive me insane, I'd be poking and prodding at it CONSTANTLY.

If this were to become a main stream thing I still would refuse. I'll stick to my cards and IDs.

Sure it would be good to track kids but people who steal kids might not be opposed to cutting it out. If it held all your info nothing will stop a theif from cutting off your hand to access the atm.

Then there is the issue of a mini computer in your body. Data can be fed in or taken out. A clever hacker could find a way to scan it like they do chip credit cards. There is no guarantee that you won't be monitored.

Yeah I'll pass indefinitely. Just too many downsides for my taste.

Last edited:
This is bad....
Very bad.

I trust nothing.
Total intrusion .. under the guise of "safety" :finger:

them doped out screenwriters of the 60s & 70s were visionaries, too bad people didn't take what they came up with along with Orwell seriously enough and we wouldn't be in allot of the messes we are dealing with: as a very small girl I saw soilent green and it marked me, too bad others weren't forced to watch it! this is an ultra no

Westby said the rice-sized chip does not have a GPS tracking feature...

Yeah, until they update the software. Um, this would be a HELL NO. Geez, this world gets freakier all the time.

This seems really bizarre and awful for a number of reasons already mentioned...

But the one that's standing out to me is, if this company is planning to allow the use of this chip for employees to log onto their computer systems, does the access information just NEVER change??

I work in healthcare so perhaps the information protection is greater, but I have a regular system password that requires change every so often (90 days or so), and can't be reused until you've cycled through like 13 other passwords.

I also have an RSA token which is used in conjunction with a 4 digit assigned pin and then is a constantly changing 6 additional digits (that has to match up to what my token display reads at that exact time).

I also have a password for a separate system which uses your ID, current password, plus a grid pin, which changes every single time you log in.

Implanting a chip in someone that then just holds a static password from that point forward seems extremely unwise.

And this chip allows employees entry access as well, in lieu of a badge? What happens when you fire some disgruntled employee who takes off before you've removed the chip and wants to come back shooting? Or you have someone who just decides to quit and doesn't give notice or do it in person? Can this access be changed remotely? If the answer is yes, people need to be thinking long and hard about what ELSE can be accessed or changed remotely once the chip is already implanted.

Westby said the rice-sized chip does not have a GPS tracking feature...

Yeah, until they update the software. Um, this would be a HELL NO. Geez, this world gets freakier all the time.
RF devices such as these he no capabilities to add gps through an update or any other way. Way to small for one, and the power on these is so low, they only transmit the information they contain just a few inches.

There is no personal information stored on these. Basically each one transmits a numbr, the computer looks up that number and the rights assigned to it

That being said, I don't want one in me.

I worked for a while at a place that assembled circuit boards. One of our clients was a company that made slot machines. You can't put 17 programmable integrated circuits on a board, the main one of which costs $1,200.00, and pretend to yourself the odds are random. That led me to be a lot more suspicious about applied technology.

Back