• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jessiesgirl1108

Chameleon
Teen, 18, 'stabbed his friend's nine-year-old brother to death during sleepover at family home'
  • William Schultz was arrested Sunday afternoon, hours after Jordan Almgren was stabbed to death in his home in Discovery Bay
  • Deputies put out an alert for Schultz after they said he got away in someone's truck
  • The motive for the stabbing remains under investigation
  • Day before the stabbing, deputies had also been called to the home on a request for a psychological evaluation of Schultz

]...]
Deputies put out an alert for Schultz after they said he got away in a truck outside the home.

Schultz was arrested at a hospital in Antioch at 3pm.

Contra Costa County sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said a nurse who saw media coverage of the case recognized the wanted suspect.

Officials didn't say what Schultz was being treated for and the motive for the stabbing remains under investigation.

Deputies were told on the police radio that the victim had been stabbed in the neck, reports the San Francisco Gate.

The day before the stabbing, deputies had also been called to the home on a request for a psychological evaluation of Schultz.

Neighbors say five children lived there and it is believed Schultz may have been friends with one of the older siblings, reports ABC7.
[...]

Contra Costa County Sheriff's Lt. Ken Westermann said that the attack wasn't accidental.
'This wasn't a random act. This wasn't some sort of stranger that came into the home and murdered a child. This was a family friend,' he told the San Francisco Chronicle.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-old-brother-death-sleepover-family-home.html

I believe a person can only be held if they are obviously dangerously psychotic or admit to being suicidal or homicidal.
Ah, see in PA the next of kin can sign the paperwork to have someone taken involuntarily for the 72 hour hold. From there the person can either agree to longer or a judge hears the case and can order the person held.

So it wasn't Schultz's family that called for a psych evaluation, but his friend's family?
And then he continued staying there? Strange.

Ah, see in PA the next of kin can sign the paperwork to have someone taken involuntarily for the 72 hour hold. From there the person can either agree to longer or a judge hears the case and can order the person held.
I would imagine that there's some guidelines because what's to stop someone from calling on their spouse when they have a fight, or just wants a 72 hour hall pass to go bang somone else?

Weird this should come up so soon. Unless google's just not showing me links again, I can't find a comprehensive, state-by-state law directory on Psych holds, but in the "It's Not All Sick and Depraved" forum, the article, "Mom Uses Daughter's Suicide to Help Others Understand Psychosis & Severe Mental Illness" posted this weekend, the mom in the story, Doris A. Fuller, is the actual Executive Director of the "Treatment Advocacy Center" whose site provides the best info. on Psych holds, etc. (that I can find anyway).

http://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/get-help/know-the-laws-in-your-state

Last edited:
He molested the boy.. I'll bet my life on it.
The kid said he was going to tell and this freak stabbed him.

But if that had been the case, would it not have been simpler for them just to have him arrested the day before?

*The motive for the stabbing remains under investigation
*Day before the stabbing, deputies had also been called to the home on a request for a psychological evaluation of Schultz

Noone knew anything obviously

My guess is Schultz was kicked out of his own home due to his erratic behavior and this family took him in and gave him a place to sleep and fed him. He repaid them by killing one of their kids. So sad.

Some of my daughters friends got kicked out by their parents when they were only 15 yrs old and pregnant. I took them in because they had no where to go. I suspect this is a similar kind of situation..minus pregnancy of course.

Well now we know why he did it...
He said: 'A lot goes into what led me to that moment.

'I saw it as the world was sorta coming to an end.

'I wanted to see what it was like to take a life before someone tried to take mine.'

He revealed he had begun noticing 'coincidences or miracles', patterns involving the number three and also thought a civil war was coming to the United States.

In order to avoid the war, Shultz bought survival gear, a 'Bear Grylls knife' and planned to flee to South America.

He told his mother about his plans which eventually led to deputies being summoned to give him a mental evaluation the day before the stabbing.

They determined he did not meet the criteria for a mental health hold, but Shultz voluntarily agreed to go a county hospital for evaluation and treatment.

After meeting with a psychiatrist for two hours, Shultz was discharged and went home,
The doctor called Shultz's mother to report he was 'delusional' and the two family members got into an argument when he got home, after which he went to the Almgren residence to spend the night.

Following an evening of pizza and video games, Shultz had trouble sleeping and contemplated killing his friend before determining he was too big.

He said: 'I singled out his little brother and went into his room while he was asleep.

'At the time, there was no feeling... I was asking myself why am I standing over him? What am I about to do?

'I put my hand over his face, and I stabbed him.

'I wish that I hadn't. I think about what if that was my little brother.

'In that sense, I do feel bad. I do have remorse for what I did... But there's a reason for everything that happens.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3058356/William-Shultz-says-stabbed-Jordon-Almgren-like.html

WTF! I guess he can cross that off his bucket list now.

'I wish that I hadn't. I think about what if that was my little brother.

Should have thought about that before you piece of shit:finger:

He said he considered driving to his father's house to shoot himself.

"But then no one could make sense of why I killed my best friend's little brother," he said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/...says-jailhouse-interview-he-stabbed-discovery

Leave a fuckin' note asswipe. We would have understood.

Last edited:
QUOTE: 'I saw it as the world was sorta coming to an end. 'I wanted to see what it was like to take a life before someone tried to take mine.'

To bad no one had a reason to do that for him before hand. Now he gets to plead insanity, gets a slap on the hand for a sentence which will not be near enough of what he actually deserves, released in a few years because he and his court appointed attorney's will claim he is no longer a threat to society and only to repeat the process again as there has been so many repeats of this story we all know how it is going to end.

That is not correct. I have tried many times to 302 my brother and without a direct testimony of someone (mental health rep, witness) you cannot just have them locked up on your word. They need to agree to it, or you have to have first hand knowledge of their suicidal or homicidal feelings.

The doctor called Shultz's mother to report he was 'delusional' and the two family members got into an argument when he got home...

The psych calls mom to tell her her son is legitimately delusional, and she can't manage to ward off an argument when he walks through the door? I guess he's 18 and can do whatever he wants, but I can't help but feel like the situation could have been handled a bit differently, perhaps.

I'm gathering that wasn't done? Doesn't a psych evaluation equate to a 3 day (or 72 hour) hold?

For real! WTF?!?! The parents of the victim were concerned enough about this little shits mental state to call LE out there, but then LET HIM STAY over again?!?! Really? !?!
Ugh.

My guess is Schultz was kicked out of his own home due to his erratic behavior and this family took him in and gave him a place to sleep and fed him. He repaid them by killing one of their kids. So sad.

Some of my daughters friends got kicked out by their parents when they were only 15 yrs old and pregnant. I took them in because they had no where to go. I suspect this is a similar kind of situation..minus pregnancy of course.[/QUOTE /

That is such an excellent point! Thank you for that: ) Made me feel a bit better about the whole "why? ?!" of it.

Back